Harlequin - OUT SEPTEMBER 27th

Lady Gaga working with Stevie Boi for ARTPOP, confirms summer release?

MetalHausOfJosh

Featured Posts

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• PopReaper

• MonsterOfSpain

• Americano

• Bambino

joshw2011

but born this way was only on the radio for like a week or two and it got such negative reception that they took it out of rotation

On pop it had a chart run of 19-6-5-4-3-2-1-2-4-6-11-15-16-19-24-25-27-30-30-30-recurrent

On radio songs (includes all formats, not just pop) it debuted at like #6 and reached #1 on like its 6th week. That's way more than just a week or two. It didn't stay very long at the top, and fell pretty quickly, but Judas was then pushed too soon for it to last longer, and then TEOG was pushed shortly after as well. Part of it is due to her team pushing a new single too quickly, part of it is due to the song simply not lasting as long as a normal hit, but that's typical for hyped lead singles.

MonsterOfSpain

Sorry but this post is about Stevie Boi working on ARTPOP, not about the longevity of Born This Way :nails:.

MonsterOfSpain

Sorry but that conversation was over already.  :nails:

You can create a thread about Born This Way but here is not the most appropiate place.

Edited by MonsterOfSpain

so? lol it was still on the radio for such a brief period of time. it may have sat at #1 for 6 weeks (how it did that i don't know) but it wasn't a radio mainstay. if they even did play it after the second week it was sparse

Actually my radio station played it very regularly for at least two months.

And I live in the "Bible Belt" section of North America where people were most likely to be turned off by the song

Slayer

But Born This Way wasn't even received negatively, it was a worldwide hit!

7b40e26b.gif

keep the cheryl gifs coming, they're hilarious :D

I love judas SO MUCH but I canʹt look like a copycat of JLO!!!!

Michael

keep the cheryl gifs coming, they're hilarious :D

*I'm glad you like them my dear.

*011.gif

Introvert

Actually my radio station played it very regularly for at least two months.

And I live in the "Bible Belt" section of North America where people were most likely to be turned off by the song

i just don't see it as a genuine hit if its success was so marginal

NewYorkCity

but born this way was only on the radio for like a week or two and it got such negative reception that they took it out of rotation

Here in Spain it is still played a lot of times in radio...  :coffee:  :ohwell:  :ARTPOP:

MonsterOfSpain

Here in Spain it is still played a lot of times in radio...  :coffee:  :ohwell:  :ARTPOP:

But no more that The Edge Of Glory. I listen it at least once a day on the radio :legend:.

Edited by MonsterOfSpain

joshw2011

But no more that The Edge Of Glory. I listen it at least once a day on the radio :legend:.

Seriously, after you told ME to stop this conversation, now you're participating? Such a hypocrite.

PlanetChromatica

i just don't see it as a genuine hit if its success was so marginal

Yeah only selling 6 nearly 7 million copies worldwide, not a hit at all. In fact, a total flop.  :toofloppy:

Introvert

Yeah only selling 6 nearly 7 million copies worldwide, not a hit at all. In fact, a total flop.  :toofloppy:

im talking about the song

• Shadow locked this topic