Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Gaga requested arenas over stadiums

Griffin

Featured Posts

Okay, thanks! I don't think there are any arenas in Indianapolis, but I know of a couple in bordering cities.

I know that Conseco Fieldhouse is in Indianapolis.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think she should completely change the name... ARTPOP isn't that catchy anymore, neither as an album name nor as a tour name.

Back on topic, I don't care

How isn't ARTPOP catchy? :udidnt:

I'm sorry, but I've been to the Monster Ball in the O2 (an arena) and the Born This Way Ball in the Aviva Stadium, and I much preferred the stadium. I was in the front row at TMB, and was to the middle-left of the pit at the BTWB. Granted, due to the size of the stage, you're a little further (actually, the issue is that Gaga is much higher off the ground) from Gaga, but the atmosphere was just amazing.

Pop Muse Tumblr

The album was stadium ready, I can only imagine hearing songs like Highway Unicorn, Yoü and I, Hair, or Electric Chapel in a stadium. And I know that The Edge Of Glory sounded amazing in stadiums, you can hear the entire audience sining along in YouTube videos.

YESSSS!!! :emo:

gaga's health>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>fan experience >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> tour gross.

fixed. ;) fewer, bigger dates are better for gaga's health.

e.g. michael jackson's dangerous world tour 1992-1993- about 70 concerts, 3.5 MILLION TICKETS

history world tour 1996-1997- about 85 concerts, 4.5 MILLION TICKETS

2750850.jpg

:legend:

I know that Conseco Fieldhouse is in Indianapolis.

Isn't that a stadium? That's where I saw my first Monster Ball (2.0).

My name isn't Timmers

Pop Muse Tumblr

nope, since the capacity is only 18,165 for basketball games.

there are also those crazily huge indoor arenas, like friends arena (stockholm)

article_5961562d947825bf_1352917645_9j-4aaqsk.jpeg

or the superdome in louisana where this year's superbowl was:

New_Orleans_SaintsLouisiana_Superdome_NYOTK.large_.jpg

you can pretty much have a soccer/NFL/baseball game in a stadium. arenas can only fit basketball matches at most.

Nope, it's an arena. A stadium is pretty much anything that is 30,000+ capacity.

marrytheARTPOP

I know everyone's over the arena / stadium topic, but I have one more thing to say.

I was talking to a concert-promoter friend I have, who was part of planning Australian dates. She got me tickets. :hug:

Anyway, apparently Gaga much prefers playing arenas over stadiums, most of the time. The promoter told me that with her Melbourne numbers, she could have sold out at least one night at Etihad Stadium - and they knew that.

I wonder if this mindset will change for the ARTPOP tour, where she'll probably want to keep under 100 dates so that it doesn't run too long and run her down.

She wouldn't have been allowed to play at Etihad Stadium - the AFL wouldn't have moved their games.

I remember she had to cut one show short in the UK cause the stadium was next to houses :noparty:

holy crap... its my high school homecoming game all over again...

How does Australia/New-Zealand work? Is it like that fans usually go to like 2 or 3 shows or that people usually go to one show? That might also be an important factor in deciding stadium/arena.

Anyways, I think that she should do a mixture of Stadium and Arena's. Some places in Europe are very profitable but can only be done with arena's pretty much, because the demand isn't high enough. Unless Gaga becomes as big as Michael Jackson (he sold 150,000+ tickets in Holland for one tour alone, which is pretty much 7x what Gaga played for with the BTWB). I think that Gaga should do stadium in Asia, big European countries, South-Africa, big Latin American countries, Oceania and perhaps Russia. That would be the best I think, and Arena in India/Middle East, small European countries, and the US. As long as the schedule in the US isn't too heavy and she takes breaks often enough her health should be fine. It's Gaga we're talking about, while she should be a little bit more careful with her health, it's not like after this that Gaga can't tour like two dates in a row or at least 13 dates a month anymore, it's just that the US was too much for her. For example the 4 shows in 4 days thing, she seemed so tired after that.

How does Australia/New-Zealand work? Is it like that fans usually go to like 2 or 3 shows or that people usually go to one show? That might also be an important factor in deciding stadium/arena.

Interestingly enough, I believe that many Melbournians go to multiple nights when touring acts come. She probably performed to around 50,000+ different people, but sold 60,000+ tickets because people go multiple nights.

Pop Muse Tumblr

Anyways, I think that she should do a mixture of Stadium and Arena's. Some places in Europe are very profitable but can only be done with arena's pretty much, because the demand isn't high enough. Unless Gaga becomes as big as Michael Jackson (he sold 150,000+ tickets in Holland for one tour alone, which is pretty much 7x what Gaga played for with the BTWB). I think that Gaga should do stadium in Asia, big European countries, South-Africa, big Latin American countries, Oceania and perhaps Russia. That would be the best I think, and Arena in India/Middle East, small European countries, and the US. As long as the schedule in the US isn't too heavy and she takes breaks often enough her health should be fine. It's Gaga we're talking about, while she should be a little bit more careful with her health, it's not like after this that Gaga can't tour like two dates in a row or at least 13 dates a month anymore, it's just that the US was too much for her. For example the 4 shows in 4 days thing, she seemed so tired after that.

yeah- no one's gonna do 10-15 ziggo domes- only amsterdam arena (50000) can bring those numbers.

actually, michael did FIVE NIGHTS at amsterdam arena in 1996 and 1997, so the real figure of tickets sold is 250000 :deadbanana:

NewYorkCity

So to resume:

Stadiums: better for her

Arenas: better for fans

Now choose the team you like more. :coffee:

Archived