💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

GGD Music Club

Kayla

Featured Posts

80sirishlegend

Oh well... I didn't list them. It was Ziggster. :grin: But I already found a new artist...

Oops, sorry - the 10 Ziggster listed :)

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wanted to pick Björk...

rhq3ut.jpg

Over-length post to follow...

My bad gurl. :sweat:

As you read, you'll see that Björk's entire musical achievement is way too heavy to be summed up in ten songs only. Just like that, I feel it's almost disrespectful to reduce her. Björk has to be regarded as a whole piece of art. But not in an artificial way. In fact, she probably one of the most natural and unassimilated women in pop. Aside to her both legendary and innovative music, she never wanted to integrate in the superficial pop circus. She stayed the way she was - Icelandic through and through. Probably coming from her roots in the Icelandic punk scene in the 70s, Björk never made attempts to appeal to the mainstream nor did she ever want to fit any woman stereotype.

Free spirit. That's what she is.

I was thinking the exact same thing when I was picking the songs. I felt like I was committing a sin. It would take more than 10 songs to truly describe her and her work. :cry:

Bless you Ziggster! :legend:

No, bless you sir for having great music taste. :legend:

80sirishlegend

Adding your list now!

:woot:

Imelda May :legend:

With her friend here, your man from that other little known Irish band ;)

Lion Heart

"Johnny Got a Boom Boom"- i loved this song! its so fun- upbeat- and really one of those songs that would sound great live. Her voice is lovely too.This song was a nice way to introduce Imelda May - I'm looking forward to review her other work !

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

80sirishlegend

"Johnny Got a Boom Boom"- i loved this song! its so fun- upbeat- and really one of those songs that would sound great live. Her voice is lovely too.This song was a nice way to introduce Imelda May - I'm looking forward to review her other work !

"Johnny Got a Boom Boom" was her first semi-hit, got her name out in the mainstream on Irish radio. As for it sounding great live - she sounds exactly the same live as she does on the CD, one hell of a voice. You should also catch an interview with her as well - her accent and signing voice don't match at all ha ha Such a strong Dublin accent.

I might also suggest you listen to her version of "Tainted Love", I adore it.

Saw her live again on Friday night, she had a tough crowd but she knows how to work them.

I think we should change it to two a week, it seems so far away each post with only one a week. :cry:

But I don't mind waiting if you'd like to keep it at one a week.

80sirishlegend

I think we should change it to two a week, it seems so far away each post with only one a week. :cry:

But I don't mind waiting if you'd like to keep it at one a week.

Did you listen to Imelda May? :coffee:

Did you listen to Imelda May? :coffee:

Aye, I had already bought her album a while ago from a suggestion of yours in another thread. I seen it in HMV a few days after seeing your suggestion, and picked it up because it was discounted. It was pretty good music really. :)

Lion Heart

"Johnny Got a Boom Boom" was her first semi-hit, got her name out in the mainstream on Irish radio. As for it sounding great live - she sounds exactly the same live as she does on the CD, one hell of a voice. You should also catch an interview with her as well - her accent and signing voice don't match at all ha ha Such a strong Dublin accent.

I might also suggest you listen to her version of "Tainted Love", I adore it.

Saw her live again on Friday night, she had a tough crowd but she knows how to work them.

Loved It ! :)

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

Archived