TaylorSwift 164,249 Posted March 4, 2025 Share Posted March 4, 2025 Ontario will ban American companies from $30 billion worth of procurement contracts, rip up a $100-million Starlink deal and eradicate U.S. booze in its first wave of retaliations against U.S. President Donald Trump’s tariffs, Premier Doug Ford said Tuesday. Ford said he will also soon impose a 25 per cent surcharge on electricity that the province sends to 1.5 million Americans in several states, and has threatened to cut off power altogether if U.S. tariffs remain place into April. He also threatened to surcharge or cut off critical mineral exports to the U.S. should the trade war linger. Trump imposed tariffs of 25 per cent on Canadian goods and a lower 10 per cent levy on energy. The federal government has responded with a suite of retaliatory tariffs on U.S. goods. The Liquor Control Board of Ontario, under direction from Ford, will stop buying and selling American alcohol immediately. Ford said the province will rip up the $100-million deal it signed with Elon Musk’s SpaceX last year to provide high-speed Starlink internet to northern Ontario, rural and remote First Nation communities. “It’s done, it’s gone,” Ford said. “We won’t award contracts to people who enable and encourage economic attacks on our province, province and our country.” source Vote for me: https://www.grammy.com/vote/taylor-swift Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Morphine Prince 110,034 Posted March 4, 2025 Share Posted March 4, 2025 Good. I’m rooting for Canada. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Murakami27 9,029 Posted March 4, 2025 Share Posted March 4, 2025 Good Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
iAstroLeo 14,460 Posted March 4, 2025 Share Posted March 4, 2025 Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lucas 31,680 Posted March 4, 2025 Share Posted March 4, 2025 I've been depressed since early November with all this politic **** so seeing some people fight back truly gives me hope. Target also announced losses following the boycott due to removing the DEI thingy, sweet music to my ears Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
ThisGuyTony 35,560 Posted March 5, 2025 Share Posted March 5, 2025 The way I was shook at how the list of tariffs and retaliatory measures kept going and going “‘It’s done, it’s gone,’ Ford said” It’s what America deserves tbh. Another L for the Little Trumpsters Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
RAMROD 118,183 Posted March 5, 2025 Share Posted March 5, 2025 As they should (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ ⁱᵐ'ᵐᵃ ʰⁱᵗ ᵈᵉᶠʳᵒˢᵗ ᵒⁿ ʸᵃ, ˡᵉᵗ'ˢ ᵍᵉᵗ ⁱᵗ ᵇˡᵃᶻⁱⁿᵍ﹗ (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡ Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lextyr97 20,844 Posted March 5, 2025 Share Posted March 5, 2025 Like it’s really gonna come down to other countries’ retaliation to fix our own internal messes. Trump is a POS Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
GregJA 5,653 Posted March 5, 2025 Share Posted March 5, 2025 Okay but I know people (in other provinces) that depend on star link for remote areas.... I disagree with him ripping it up and putting those in his province at risk/disadvantage Mr. No Award Winner 2020 Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Hydrangea 8,376 Posted March 5, 2025 Share Posted March 5, 2025 4 minutes ago, GregJA said: Okay but I know people (in other provinces) that depend on star link for remote areas.... I disagree with him ripping it up and putting those in his province at risk/disadvantage Hopefully they can find a way to help those in need but supporting a Nazi’s compromised service in the aid of remote areas is not it Looking down at my $t loser misery Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
hamartia 3,405 Posted March 5, 2025 Share Posted March 5, 2025 Pls can Gagadaily remain a safe space from Doug Ford for Little Ontarians Pls do not praise this man "I lied. I lied!" (Germanotta, 2025) Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
gumzy3000 8,009 Posted March 5, 2025 Share Posted March 5, 2025 25 minutes ago, hamartia said: Pls can Gagadaily remain a safe space from Doug Ford for Little Ontarians Pls do not praise this man What's wrong with Doug Ford? He is actually fighting back against Trump's threats and trying to protect Ontario. I don't agree with everything he does but his Conservative party is nothing like Republicans and MAGA. Doug Ford deserves some respect for being so tough against Trump. trolly troll troll Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Monstermilo 5,480 Posted March 5, 2025 Share Posted March 5, 2025 good i hate elon musk so much Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Economy 53,180 Posted March 5, 2025 Share Posted March 5, 2025 4 hours ago, Morphine Prince said: Good. I’m rooting for Canada. If Ford was PM wed be going hard Of all the Premiers hes been the most agressive in retaliation and talks harder than the Federal Government He also wants Canada to stop selling oil to the US but Alberta refuses to even consider that at this time Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
hamartia 3,405 Posted March 5, 2025 Share Posted March 5, 2025 2 hours ago, gumzy3000 said: What's wrong with Doug Ford? He is actually fighting back against Trump's threats and trying to protect Ontario. I don't agree with everything he does but his Conservative party is nothing like Republicans and MAGA. Doug Ford deserves some respect for being so tough against Trump. I can't tell if you're being serious or not lol Ford has done more damage to this province than Trump could ever dream of. Canadian conservatives may not be as outwardly evil as US conservatives, but their philosophy of stealing from the poor to give to the rich is exactly the same. Ford can't afford to sell this province to Trump because he's already sold it off to his rich friends. I guess I'm grateful that he's not rolling over to Trump immediately, but like... they share the same world view at the end of the day. This "toughness" is just to distract from the mess he's made at home. The only way Ford could protect Ontario is to listen to Princess Die and take notes "I lied. I lied!" (Germanotta, 2025) Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Featured Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.