💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

book

MARVEL: Thanos To Face The Phoenix In Upcoming Book

OliviaRodrigoStan

Featured Posts

OliviaRodrigoStan

Marvel has officially announced a long awaited face-off, by two of the most powerful characters in the company's roster. The fearsome Thanos will be facing none other than Jean Grey herself, The Phoenix. 

Screenshot-20241017-223229-Instagram.jpg

The battle is set to decide the fate of the cosmic entity, as Jean comes to terms with her place in the cosmos as a creational force, while dark forces aim to destroy The Phoenix, which they consider to be a threat to the universe itself. 

phoenix-6-cover-thanos-looms-behind-jean

Will the former Marvel Girl succeed in her mission, or is this going to be The Phoenix' final flame? :classy:

But Jean is far from alone in her cosmic adventures, her soul sister, the mistress of the elements, is about to embark on a journey of universal proportions, on her new solo title, Storm: 

storm2024001_lee.jpg

Will you be picking up the x-girlies new solo titles besties? :staymad:. I think Rogue has an upcoming mini series too, but that one is controversial because it explores her relationship with Magneto, which everyone hates :huntyga:

HEART OF EVER-FROST
  • Shook 1

OliviaRodrigoStan
2 minutes ago, bionic said:

realistically phoenix should shred thanos

WBK, but she's beyond nerfed on her solo run :sis:. And I get it, if she just burned everyone out of existence, it wouldn't be a much compelling read :laughga:

They made her weaker for plot reasons, and I'm fine with it, if they give us a good story. Let's see what they come up with :partysick:

HEART OF EVER-FROST
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

The Ew from Judas

Really interesting pairing, but Jean has died so many times I don’t think the stakes mean that much anymore lol

also the pheonix could totally beat thanos, it’s gonna be interesting to see what they do here tho 

Ew
  • Like 1

OliviaRodrigoStan
2 minutes ago, The Ew from Judas said:

Really interesting pairing, but Jean has died so many times I don’t think the stakes mean that much anymore lol

also the pheonix could totally beat thanos, it’s gonna be interesting to see what they do here tho 

She actually didn't die as many times. I think in the comics she only died two or three times, in the main timeline. 

Which is still a lot, but it's way less than people assume. She also stayed dead for several years the first two times. But yes, dying is kind of her theme, I mean, she is Phoenix, it's sort of her gimmick. 

I agree, I don't think it's that much of a mystery how the fight will go, but I'm hoping the writing is good. Apparently the book has been a good read, so far. 

This channel made a good video about it: 

HEART OF EVER-FROST
  • Like 1

River

I’m reading now the whole krakoa arc lol

moira can just die and reset all :giveup:

I'm working late, cause I'm a puta
  • Like 1

Rat Boy

@Red Sarah Thanos 💄 💋 

Edited by Rat Boy
"I am a Walmart version of Rat Boy!” - River
  • LMAO 2
  • YAAAS 1

OliviaRodrigoStan
7 minutes ago, River said:

I’m reading now the whole krakoa arc lol

moira can just die and reset all :giveup:

The Moira arc in Krakoa was highly controversial. Krakoa was messy and polarizing, but it had great concepts. And fashion. 

i-love-jean-greys-current-look-by-russel

Dauterman gave Jean her best "Marvel Girl" look ever 😭. I wish X-Men '97 used this for season 2, instead of Quitely's designs :traumatica:

c0169667964d895f34e1827aa4886a6b.jpg

They're not HORRIBLE, but they look rather plain, and with the animated series art style, they're likely to look even more plain :huntyga:

HEART OF EVER-FROST
  • YAAAS 1

River
9 minutes ago, OliviaRodrigoStan said:

The Moira arc in Krakoa was highly controversial. Krakoa was messy and polarizing, but it had great concepts. And fashion. 

i-love-jean-greys-current-look-by-russel

Dauterman gave Jean her best "Marvel Girl" look ever 😭. I wish X-Men '97 used this for season 2, instead of Quitely's designs :traumatica:

c0169667964d895f34e1827aa4886a6b.jpg

They're not HORRIBLE, but they look rather plain, and with the animated series art style, they're likely to look even more plain :huntyga:

so I far I like it, Hox/Pox was genius.

I'm trying to reach Empyre asap and take a detour to this story, so I can continue Wiccan and Hulkling's story.

Then I'm planning to go back to in time to continue Scarlet Witch story after Children's Crusade/when she discovers that she's not a mutant.

I'm doing a big of a mess, but I have this Marvel Unlimited subscription and it's amazing, I read like 10 comics a day lol

Bt I dislike the infinity comics, so stupid.

• YAAAS 1

River

we should make a marvel comics reading club, to fight that other reading club

• LMAO 2
  • YAAAS 1

OliviaRodrigoStan
1 minute ago, River said:

Then I'm planning to go back to in time to continue Scarlet Witch story after Children's Crusade/when she discovers that she's not a mutant.

I will never not hate that retcon. I.  started building her on Marvel Future Fight, and I thought I was good to go cause I had tons of Phoenix Feathers, the material mutants use in the game for their upgrades. And then I remembered she's not a mutant anymore :traumatica: and she requires different materials :franminervini:

Scarlet Witch solo run seems interesting, the art is beautiful, and I liked some of the stuff I've seen so far, I think I should read it 👀

HEART OF EVER-FROST
  • Love 1

River
8 minutes ago, OliviaRodrigoStan said:

I will never not hate that retcon. I.  started building her on Marvel Future Fight, and I thought I was good to go cause I had tons of Phoenix Feathers, the material mutants use in the game for their upgrades. And then I remembered she's not a mutant anymore :traumatica: and she requires different materials :franminervini:

Scarlet Witch solo run seems interesting, the art is beautiful, and I liked some of the stuff I've seen so far, I think I should read it 👀

I just love this weird family and the whole magic lol

I hope they will come back to the Demiurge story because so far the whole Hulkling's story took over Wiccan's

• Like 1

Killa
16 minutes ago, River said:

we should make a marvel comics reading club, to fight that other reading club

Find me free comics and i'll.join both

River
5 minutes ago, Killa said:

subscribe to Marvel Unlimited, I think they give now like 2 months for 50% off with the code 50coven, it has like 30k+ comics and new ones comes after 3 months.

Or one year subscription for 50% with NYCC24 until 20/10

OliviaRodrigoStan
11 minutes ago, Killa said:

If I find any illegal website I'll hook you up :ladyhaha: (LEGAL DISCLAIMER: this is sarcasm, I will not be sending anybody any link to any website engaging inpiracy of any kind :river:). 

I think Marvel Unlimited was actually free for a month, or something like that, during X-Men '97s release. Or they had special codes for certain arcs, to be read for free, I think it was actually that. 

They were old titles, but classics, like Phoenix Saga, etc. No idea if the deal is still going, but I guess they do stuff like that regularly. 

HEART OF EVER-FROST