๐Ÿ’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT ๐Ÿ’š

question

Does Warner Bros Gave Up Too Early For JFAD?

RAMROD

Featured Posts

RAMROD

jokerheader_nz3x0o0-34xb41mnhfbfdmrixhxp
ย 

Or do they just wanna stop all the bad press from the movie that discredited their bonafide image as studio?

As we know they have put up pre-orders on home media, both digital & physical, for JFAD. Scheduled for release on December 17 2024. Or less than 2 months from it's initial release date in cinemas. This is so soon and abnormal. Wouldn't surprise me if they will stop showing it at cinemas in 2 weeks because of this.ย 
ย 

Thoughts?

ย 

Gaga's other projects home media time frame for reference:

ย 

A Star Is Born

Movie releases: October 5 2018

DVD/BluRay releases: February 19 2019 (4 months-ish since movie release)

Bluray 4K releases: February 19 2019ย (4 months-ish since movie release)

ย 

House Of Gucci

Movie releases: November 24 2021

DVD/BluRay releases: February 22 2022 (almost 3 months since movie release)

Bluray 4K releases: July 30 2024 (2 years 9 months since movie release)

ย 

(๏พ‰โ—•ใƒฎโ—•)๏พ‰โœง*:๏ฝฅ๏พŸ ๐š๐šŠ๐š—๐šŒ๐š’๐š—๐š ๐š’๐š— ๐š๐š‘๐šŽ ๐šœ๐š‘๐šŠ๐š๐š˜๐š  ๐š˜๐š ๐š๐š‘๐šŽ ๐š—๐š’-๐š’-๐š’-๐š’๐š๐š‘๐š...! (*ยด่‰ธ๏ฝ€*) โ™กโ™กโ™ก

MessyTop

Not Warner , most theaters removed the movie or screening of the movie because of lack of sales ย 

• Like 2

PartySick

The sooner it goes to DVD/streaming, the sooner it becomes a cult classic :gayhat:

There's no need to be so serious! You're gonna die some day!
  • Like 5

MessyTop

A movie can stay in theaters for a long time if it is profitable to keep it. Warner doesnโ€™t decide that, movie theaters doย 

• Like 2

RAMROD
3 minutes ago, PartySick said:

The sooner it goes to DVD/streaming, the sooner it becomes a cult classic :gayhat:

You know what, you got a pointย 

2IO.gif

(๏พ‰โ—•ใƒฎโ—•)๏พ‰โœง*:๏ฝฅ๏พŸ ๐š๐šŠ๐š—๐šŒ๐š’๐š—๐š ๐š’๐š— ๐š๐š‘๐šŽ ๐šœ๐š‘๐šŠ๐š๐š˜๐š  ๐š˜๐š ๐š๐š‘๐šŽ ๐š—๐š’-๐š’-๐š’-๐š’๐š๐š‘๐š...! (*ยด่‰ธ๏ฝ€*) โ™กโ™กโ™ก

Kimmo

Theaters are not going to pay for a movie thatโ€™s not selling tickets. So it was meant be unfortunatelyโ€ฆ

Hottie Detector
  • Like 2

PartySick
1 minute ago, RAMROD said:

You know what, you got a pointย 

2IO.gif

Silver linings :ally:

There's no need to be so serious! You're gonna die some day!

MessyTop
6 minutes ago, Kimmo said:

Theaters are not going to pay for a movie thatโ€™s not selling tickets. So it was meant be unfortunatelyโ€ฆ

IMG-6021.jpg

• LMAO 3

Jill

well, its initials are FAD after all...

Edited by Jill
This was an official message from the Office of the First Lady.
  • LMAO 2

The Ew from Judas

Even successful movies are getting pushed onto DVD basically as soon as the theatrical release is over. Inside Out 2 became the highest grossing animated movie ever, came out in June, and came out on home media in like August/september

same thing happened with Deadpool and Wolverine. The window from theatrical run to home release is simply much shorter now. But announcing the release of the movie on DVD a week after it flopped certainly makes it feel like theyโ€™re giving up on it, so I totally get that feelingย 

Ew
  • Like 2

XxBones

Itโ€™s not abnormal. Beetlejuice Beetlejuice came out last month and itโ€™s already available on demand right now with a physical release coming in a few weeks. It was a pretty successful movie too as well as some other movies.

• Thanks 1

Reality

Tbh I think they kind of gave up on the movie right after Venice...

Coming out of that festival, the reviews were already mixed, and I think they saw the writing on the wall for Joker 2, which is why they didn't promote it as much. I mean, the marketing for the movie was abysmal, but that's probably because they knew the movie wasn't going to do well and decided not to market it as much.

It also dropped 82% this week and the opening weekend was already low, so there's no point in trying to beat a dead horse. I feel like they want to push the physical release so soon because they just want to get this movie done and over with.

๐ผ ๐’ฅ๐’ฐ๐’ฎ๐’ฏ ๐’ฉ๐ธ๐ธ๐’Ÿ ๐’œ ๐’Ÿ๐’ช๐’ฎ๐ธ ๐’ช๐น ๐’ฏ๐ป๐ธ ๐‘…๐ผ๐’ข๐ป๐’ฏ ๐’ฎ๐’ฏ๐’ฐ๐น๐น

MessyTop
49 minutes ago, Reality said:

Tbh I think they kind of gave up on the movie right after Venice...

Coming out of that festival, the reviews were already mixed, and I think they saw the writing on the wall for Joker 2, which is why they didn't promote it as much. I mean, the marketing for the movie was abysmal, but that's probably because they knew the movie wasn't going to do well and decided not to market it as much.

It also dropped 82% this week and the opening weekend was already low, so there's no point in trying to beat a dead horse. I feel like they want to push the physical release so soon because they just want to get this movie done and over with.

Um they spend around 60-70 million on marketing alone. I wouldnโ€™t call that abysmalย :wtfga:

TortureMeOnReplay
1 minute ago, MessyTop said:

Um they spend around 60-70 million on marketing alone. I wouldnโ€™t call that abysmalย :wtfga:

Movies typically get 50% of their production cost for marketing. So we should have seen $100mil marketing. This was supposed to be a blockbuster film, and considering the first instalment made it's money x20, a 30% marketing budget is abysmal in context.ย 

• Like 1