Harlequin - OUT SEPTEMBER 27th
Harlequin - OUT SEPTEMBER 27th
opinion

Grace Randolph: Gaga starting to look sympathetic

jackweller

Featured Posts

jackweller

I know how much you love Grace Randolph :ohwell:

I personally don’t have a problem with her, but…

She’s saying that with how things are unraveling- blame game and pointing fingers- Gaga is starting to look more sympathetic in all this and her silence is doing her a lot of good, which I agree with. Before she said that Gaga should soon release a statement and explain what went on BTS to save face, but as soon as she said that I knew Gaga would never do that because it’s not in her nature. She always takes pride in all her projects no matter the response and does not trash her collaborators even if she then has to pay the price.

Also, she mentioned the Tarantino rumour so the news is spreading :thriller:

• LMAO 1
  • Love 4

jackweller
3 minutes ago, Nite said:

Her notes say Gaga got $20m and Todd got 12, isn't it the other way around?

Yes, she made a mistake and mentions it in the video and in the comments section 

• Thanks 4

NATAH

the only downside to Gaga's acting career is having to listen to this hoo haa bang on about woo waa

mother, what must i do?
  • Like 9
  • LMAO 4
  • Thanks 1

PartySick

Imagine having a career in PR :bradley:

There's no need to be so serious! You're gonna die some day!

Mr Oak

She said Gaga/Lee was initially supposed to kill Arthur, imagine the hate if that happened :ally:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

andy232000

When Grace said Gaga should speak up my major in PR literally dropped dead. The ONLY way Gaga could’ve addressed this would’ve been by posting a corny-yet elegantly masked-post where she “says goodbye to Harley” and her character, and in said post infuse a line like “I wished we had more time and people had gotten the chance to see more from you”. But even that seems pretentious as hell

• Like 2

RileyMint
2 minutes ago, Mr Oak said:

She said Gaga/Lee was initially supposed to kill Arthur, imagine the hate if that happened :ally:

I don't get how they didn't see this coming considering all of her major acting roles. The love interest is going to die every time :oops:

• LMAO 4

faysalaaa

Why do you think Gaga should release a statement? no actor release statements if a movie flops. Its only a big deal to you because you are a Gaga fan.

And how do you know Gaga doesnt like the movie?

Edited by faysalaaa
  • Thanks 1

HausOfAntonio

Releasing a statement would be the absolute tackiest thing any actor could do. Every serious actor has duds in their career. It would make her look like a total amateur who recoils at the first sign of things not going to plan. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

RAMROD

She shouldn't release any statement, it will make her look like she wanna save her face on her own, instead of going thru the fire in solidarity with her castmates, and that is not a good look. That will make Hollywood hate her actually. Not a good move, especially considering surviving in Hollywood is about who you know. 

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ 𝚍𝚊𝚗𝚌𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚑𝚊𝚍𝚘𝚠 𝚘𝚏 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚗𝚒-𝚒-𝚒-𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝...! (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

RichAssPiss

I really just have very little concern for what Joker does to her film career.

I don't think anyone really blames her.

She was just a hired actor. She did her part. 

At some point, down the line she'll give a classy response in an interview that's comfortable about how she was disappointed in the response to the movie but proud of the work she did, and everyone will move on.

She will not and should not release a statement denouncing the movie. That would be a career killer. You never turn on the movie. Everyone who does suffers for it. 

• Like 11

Siena

I don't really understand the expectation for her to speak out in the first place? Since when has an actor been expected to make a professional statement because their movie didn't do well? Idk everything going on with Joker 2 is genuinely making me sad about the state of the film industry. It's fine to dislike a film, but the way people are gleefully discussing the film and how bad they think it is just strange. How are film makers expected to take risks and make different films when if it doesn't hit, they're going to be ridiculed? It's just so strange to see a hate train like this, and makes me feel like the movie never had a chance in the first place. So many people already had their minds made up about it from the moment it was announced, and they went into it already hating it. 

King of the Fall

The meltdowns over Joker in here lately show me that a lot of you were not around during the ARTPOP era or you have just gotten used to everything she is involved in being received without a hint of backlash. Gaga has survived much worse than a movie that flopped in which she was not even blamed. I obviously hope for the best but never cared very much about her film career one way or another.

Why would she make a statement about a movie that bombed when nobody ever does that? Least of all a support actress who did her best with what she was given

Edited by King of the Fall
He never sleeps. He says that he will never die. He dances in light and shadow and he is a great favorite
  • Like 2

RAMROD
41 minutes ago, King of the Fall said:

The meltdowns over Joker in here lately show me that a lot of you were not around during the ARTPOP era or you have just gotten used to everything she is involved in being received without a hint of backlash. Gaga has survived much worse than a movie that flopped in which she was not even blamed. I obviously hope for the best but never cared very much about her film career one way or another.

Why would she make a statement about a movie that bombed when nobody ever does that? Least of all a support actress who did her best with what she was given

Wrong. Many of us are around and hence why we are triggered with the same shxt now. It's the PTSD. It's really not a light subject for some of us. 

Edited by RAMROD
(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ 𝚍𝚊𝚗𝚌𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚑𝚊𝚍𝚘𝚠 𝚘𝚏 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚗𝚒-𝚒-𝚒-𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝...! (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1