💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

question

Seen this cover of Perfect Illusion by Tame Impala?

Monster647

Featured Posts

Monster647

We know he was one of the producers on this song. He was apparently performing a cover of it on his own tour before it got cut off by the pandemic. 

I loveeeee Tame Impala. I always thought the song was underappreciated. I feel like his understated vocals and the gaps he take allowed the song to breathe more and let the psychedelic instrumentation shine…

I didn’t know he covered it till yesterday🙃 Wanted to share it here…

• Love 1

ObezyankaNol

Actually, I think this is the "original version" and not a cover! 

Не верь, не бойся, не проси
  • Like 5

candydarling
4 minutes ago, Monster647 said:

We know he was one of the producers on this song. He was apparently performing a cover of it on his own tour before it got cut off by the pandemic. 

I loveeeee Tame Impala. I always thought the song was underappreciated. I feel like his understated vocals and the gaps he take allowed the song to breathe more and let the psychedelic instrumentation shine…

I didn’t know he covered it till yesterday🙃 Wanted to share it here…

it's his demo

VOLANTIS

This is the original demo. Ended up in Gaga's album later. Much like Father John Misty's track 'Sinners Prayer'. 

I'll lift you 3 inches off the ground and drag you to a meter and a half

Anderson123

Perfect Illusion was a Tame Impala song and they pitched it to Gaga and she recorded. Same as Come To Mama.

Red
14 minutes ago, Anderson123 said:

Perfect Illusion was a Tame Impala song and they pitched it to Gaga and she recorded. Same as Come To Mama.

Woah calm down :laughga: You’re making it sound like they got a Tame Impala song ready and just slapped Gaga’s vocals on it but she was part of the writing and production of the song too 

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.
  • Like 2

Monster647

Sooo what do you think about this version musically?

It was a cover, it was a demo, whatever. It’s different than the commercially released version by Gaga.

I found that this interpretation was a case of “less is more”🤔 Though I like Gaga’s Perfect Illusion too. I think it’s criminally underrated.

WhiteHotForever

Perfect Illsuion is my favorite song of Gaga, but I really like Tame Impala‘s version, too

Anderson123
1 hour ago, Red said:

Woah calm down :laughga: You’re making it sound like they got a Tame Impala song ready and just slapped Gaga’s vocals on it but she was part of the writing and production of the song too 

My bad, didn't want it to sound like she just recorded vocals, I'm sure she was very much involved in it.:fan: She always gives her own spin to music.

Edited by Anderson123

Red
1 minute ago, Anderson123 said:

My bad, didn't want it to sound like she just recorded vocals, I'm sure she was very much involved in it.:fan:

Well she said more than once that he only had the concept a song about illusion without any lyrics at all but if you want to believe in your fanfic he gave her a song ready to record vocals and call it a day go off :laughga:

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.
  • Like 1

Anderson123
1 minute ago, Red said:

Well she said more than once that he only had the concept a song about illusion without any lyrics at all but if you want to believe in your fanfic he gave her a song ready to record vocals and call it a day go off :laughga:

I don't remember much about the interviews about the creation of Perfect Illusion so I think I mixed things up with Come To Mama which was more like Sour Candy, pitched demos that were reworked. Not that I believed PI was just pitched to her, I just messed up thinking it was a Tame Impala demo because it sounds like it.

• Love 1

leedeegaga

I believe they covered Gaga’s version on tour as it’s her version’s lyrics… Mark Ronson did play Kevin’s demo with different lyrics/theme:

Scare them first, so they can’t scare you...