Joker 2 Out October 4th Banner
movie

Joker: Folie à Deux debuts with $37.8M in its opening weekend at domestic box office

Teletubby

Featured Posts

r4therupbeat
14 hours ago, ThisGuyTony said:

ASIB did $42.9M its opening weekend :air: 

Thankfully all the attention is on Todd and Joaquin so she will remain unscathed from this bomb :zilla:

I keep getting viral Facebook articles and the comments are all hating on her because they think if another actress was cast it wouldn't be a musical:fatcat:

Nite
17 minutes ago, r4therupbeat said:

I keep getting viral Facebook articles and the comments are all hating on her because they think if another actress was cast it wouldn't be a musical:fatcat:

It's so frustrating to see when Todd has literally said how it was decided and that Gaga was pulled in because of that plan 

Phillips and his co-writer Scott Silver came up with an idea of following Arthur in a new story that would lean into the music the sadsack character has heard as the soundtrack to his life.

How did you settle on Lady Gaga?

Phillips: It just felt like we should find an actress that brings music with them. That’s the best way to describe it … We thought if we could get her, it would be an interesting duo … I kind of knew her because I was a producer on A Star is Born with Bradley (Cooper).

https://torontosun.com/entertainment/movies/todd-phillips-and-joaquin-phoenix-talk-joker-folie-a-deux-and-working-with-lady-Gaga

And tbh the idea that Gaga could just waltz up to a bunch of producers and tell them to make it a musical is ridiculous in itself :huntyga:

Actually I think the musical part could've worked if they'd done it differently and advertised it as such. 

r4therupbeat
54 minutes ago, Nite said:

It's so frustrating to see when Todd has literally said how it was decided and that Gaga was pulled in because of that plan 

Phillips and his co-writer Scott Silver came up with an idea of following Arthur in a new story that would lean into the music the sadsack character has heard as the soundtrack to his life.

How did you settle on Lady Gaga?

Phillips: It just felt like we should find an actress that brings music with them. That’s the best way to describe it … We thought if we could get her, it would be an interesting duo … I kind of knew her because I was a producer on A Star is Born with Bradley (Cooper).

https://torontosun.com/entertainment/movies/todd-phillips-and-joaquin-phoenix-talk-joker-folie-a-deux-and-working-with-lady-Gaga

And tbh the idea that Gaga could just waltz up to a bunch of producers and tell them to make it a musical is ridiculous in itself :huntyga:

Actually I think the musical part could've worked if they'd done it differently and advertised it as such. 

Literally that, it's clear those people don't have a clue what they are talking about. Pretty much everyone I know do not want to come and watch it with me because it is labeled as 100% a musical. However it is sad that they could've made it the best musical of all time at least for the ones who enjoy them and now nobody can be happy as it is neither a musical nor a movie without singing scenes. 

The director completely failed at utilising Gaga and he should be the only person taking the heat.

QueenChromatix

So 121M for the opening weekend. How about full opening week (Friday-Thursday), what are the predictions?

je suis petit monstre 🥀

• Teletubby changed the title to Joker: Folie à Deux debuts with $37.8M in its opening weekend at domestic box office