💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

question

Where did Gagas album counting go wrong?

darkgaga

Featured Posts

darkgaga

So since we know she says her next album will be LG7, I was wondering what for example wikipedia says about the rest. So according to the pages it is like this:

the fame- LG1

TFM - EP so LG1.5?

BTW-LG 2

ARTPOP- LG3

C2C -LGTB1

Joanne - LG5

ASIB - soundtrack album

Chromatica - LG6

So what happened to LG4? I know we all count TFM as her second album, but I find it so strange that on Wikipedia they keep going for ARTPOP as the third, and then suddenly Joanne is the fifth album. When did this go wrong?

• LMAO 2

Luna Lovegood

The Fame - LG1

TFM  - LG2

BTW - LG3

ARTPOP - LG4 

JOANNE - LG5

CHROMATICA - LG6

HARLEQUIN - LG6.5

DANCE IN THE SHADOW - LG7

It’s really not that hard :derpga:

Edited by Luna Lovegood
luna’s advocate
  • Like 2
  • LMAO 4
  • Thanks 8

Luna Lovegood
9 minutes ago, darkgaga said:

So what happened to LG4? I know we all count TFM as her second album, but I find it so strange that on Wikipedia they keep going for ARTPOP as the third,

Wikipedia is not reliable, if we follow by Gaga rules and she said chromatica is LG6, we can safely assume that TFM is LG2 if we’re gonna follow chronologically. Again, these are just album number and it’s not meant to be serious :huntyga: 

luna’s advocate
  • Like 1

darkgaga
8 minutes ago, Luna Lovegood said:

The Fame - LG1

TFM  - LG2

BTW - LG3

ARTPOP - LG4 

JOANNE - LG5

CHROMATICA - LG6

HARLEQUIN - LG6.5

It’s really not that hard :derpga:

Haha well not according to Wikipedia. I also count it like this, but I was wondering why it is so inconsistent 

• Like 1

Stefanotta
12 minutes ago, Luna Lovegood said:

You meant Ma Ma Pa Pa LG7?:huntyga:

My biggest enemy is me.

TimotheeChalamet
6 minutes ago, darkgaga said:

Haha well not according to Wikipedia. I also count it like this, but I was wondering why it is so inconsistent 

Because anyone can edit Wikipedia, just stick to your counting and you're good

MaybeKermit

Gaga has always said that even though TFM is a kinda "deluxe version" of TF, she always viewed and treated it as it's own standalone album and that's why TFM = LG2

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

princedeeblebleble

Since she's not on the list, L4$ is obviously the very fashionably late LG4 :brat:Lady Gaga GIF by Recording Academy / GRAMMYs

eifulien

UGH, I'm sorry but I just need to vent about Wikipedia's mess. Like, guys, seriously, who is in charge of her discography page? Can we just contact them and have a normal conversation about unifying it once and for all.

I have just opened the Harlequin page and it's BACK to showing it as a soundtrack album, which IT IS NOT. There's already the OST for the JFAD. We'll hear tomorrow the actual sountrack but I bet the renditions will be quite different from what's on Harlequin.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't remember the fandom or Gaga referring to ARTPOP as LG4, because she revealed the name for the project quite early in the process. This naming scheme for me began relevant when Rihanna put R7 on Unapologetic, although I've seen members of the BeyHive claiming they were referring to 4 as B4.

All in all, naming her albums retroactively as "LG(number)" it should be
LG1 The Fame
LG2 The Fame Monster
LG3 Born This Way
LG4 ARTPOP
LG5 Joanne
LG6 Chromatica
LG7 coming up in February

This naming scheme, while quite straightforward and reflecting on how Gaga sees her pop music output, isn't going to be reflected as easily because of the mess that was the release of TFM. She and we may see it as a separate body of work, Interscope was super messy and greedy to release it as a deluxe version of TF, then it was an "EP" (at 34 minutes, sorry but it's an LP), then it was actually it's own thing with a second disc containing The Fame. The sales of these two albums are combined so for a Wikipedia article it makes sense to combine them and consider TFM a re-issue of TF. How can we separate the sales for each album? I doubt it's possible, so this mess will remain in her discography.

Wikipedia considers CTC and LFS as part of her main discography, because they are studio albums after all. So following that logic Harlequin is also another studio album of her. She refers to it as LG6.5 as a preamble to LG7. In that sense I guess we could integrate CTC and LFS as LG3.5 (around ARTPOP) and LG5.5 (around Chromatica) - CTC was recorded alongside ARTPOP if I'm not mistaken and LFS was before or during Chromatica 2018-2019.

All in all Gaga has 6 pop music projects (the main ones), 3 jazz/traditional pop ones so that's 9 albums. LG7 will be her 10th album overall. :ladyhaha:

Plus, three soundtracks - A Star is Born, Top Gun: Maverick, Joker: Folie à Deux. :kiss:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Cello

TFM is an EP but it’s also an LG

do i need to understand a pineapple to eat a banana

River

The F-cking Monster is an EP but still considered as a full album per her contract and she sees it a a full body of art.

I'm working late, cause I'm a puta