💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

opinion

Joker certified rotten on rotten tomatoes?

Squidward T

Featured Posts

Squidward T

Currently has 59% on rotten tomatoes and a 5.2 on IMDb. Im kind of worried, do you think it will go up when the movie premieres 😧 

• Sad 3

Cybikitty

the first film had around the same critic scores but public scores were waaay way above it, i loved the first film and honestly i don't think anything will compare to it but i'm still looking forwards to seeing it:lana:

• Like 1

Reality

RT scores rarely go up when more critics review the movie. Just statistically, they almost always go down because if you only have like 5 reviews in the beginning and they're all "fresh," you'll get 100%. But when more reviews come in, yes, you'll have more positive ones, but especially for a very divisive movie like Joker 2, you'll also get many more negative ones. So when Joker 2 premiered with a ~60% in RT after Venice, I definitely expected the score to decrease into the "rotten" section. The first Joker, IIRC, got an 89% after it premiered in Venice, but that quickly decreased to the 60s after more critics saw the film.

On the IMDb note, I don't take that seriously tbh. A good chunk of those reviews are probably genuine, but people love to review bomb on that site especially. The only audience score that I trust is CinemaScore because they literally poll people after they leave the theater.  

𝐼 𝒥𝒰𝒮𝒯 𝒩𝐸𝐸𝒟 𝒜 𝒟𝒪𝒮𝐸 𝒪𝐹 𝒯𝐻𝐸 𝑅𝐼𝒢𝐻𝒯 𝒮𝒯𝒰𝐹𝐹
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Battle 4 Ur Life

we should hope it stays that high :holdmyhand:

I’m kidding. it may go higher tbh but I predict negative opinions will be more affluent with this one because of the massive expectations from DC fans and their already predisposition to negatively review it.

critics might step in tho to assert what they think worked, there will be also good reviews too, people are allowed to like it. we’ll see.

“Stupid Love aged like Macallan tho”
  • Like 1

Luna Lovegood

this movie went from my most anticipated movie from Gaga to least :icant: now I’m contemplating if I still should give it a shot this weekend.. oh Todd Phillips I always doubted you

luna’s advocate
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

thierryrreiht

I can’t believe I’m saying this but after the last few weeks, I can’t wait for the Joker era to be behind us. I’m convinced it won’t do well, and I doubt there will be awards.
This is gonna be quite the wound for us monsters who have been saying she was coming for GP success again. And LG7 will probably be quite niche in terms of mass appeal.

At least DWAS has found an audience in the GP, even if I don’t care for the song 🫠

• Like 2

funkmedowntown
13 minutes ago, thierryrreiht said:

I can’t believe I’m saying this but after the last few weeks, I can’t wait for the Joker era to be behind us. I’m convinced it won’t do well, and I doubt there will be awards.
This is gonna be quite the wound for us monsters who have been saying she was coming for GP success again. And LG7 will probably be quite niche in terms of mass appeal.

At least DWAS has found an audience in the GP, even if I don’t care for the song 🫠

861f811581569fb0da21cd7938937a6e.gif 

Little Mons✟er
  • Like 1
  • LMAO 1
  • Thanks 6

julz

I am going to watch tonight, and i am avoiding film twitter. I am excited!!! Gaga, i will critic your acting so get ready :billie: I'll be an Oscar committee member tonight.

I kinda have seen some negative reacts online but im not swayed... it's gonna be my reaction. Let us support Gaga and the film!!

• YAAAS 3
  • Love 1

Starmie25

Y'all give far too much attention to these review sites. Just go out, buy a ticket, support Gaga and have a fun movie sesh. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

GagaGame
1 hour ago, thierryrreiht said:

Confused Little Girl GIF

I could be your mustang for the weekend
  • Thanks 3

Guillaume Hamon
1 hour ago, thierryrreiht said:

First joker got pretty bad reviews and phoenix got all the awards possible when the movie was a gigantic hit.

How often on GGD did we doubt at the start of what then became great career steps for Gaga?

• Thanks 1

lg5
2 hours ago, Luna Lovegood said:

this movie went from my most anticipated movie from Gaga to least :icant: now I’m contemplating if I still should give it a shot this weekend.. oh Todd Phillips I always doubted you

You should definitely still go see it. Gaga is great in it (what we see of her), and it’s still a very interesting movie to say the least. 

Edited by lg5
  • Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1