Harlequin - OUT SEPTEMBER 27th
celeb

Deadline: Joker 2 budget is $190M$+ (confirmed)

dit

Featured Posts

dit

So Todd Phillips denied and said it was absurd that the reports said the budget of Joker 2 was 200M but turns out that the estimate was actually almost spot on with it turning out to actually be 190M$+

There is also some good news! film is expected to open 55M in the US and maybe even as high as 140M worldwide!

Todd Phillips' musically infused sequel, Joker: Folie à Deux is currently not expected to emulate the business of the first 2019, Oscar winning Warner Bros movie, Joker, which ultimately wound up as the second highest grossing R-rated movie of all-time at $1.07 billion. Worldwide looks better than domestic, at $140M to a now lower projected $55M-$60M U.S. at 4,000 theaters with all the tricks of Imax and PLF screens. Original domestic forecast was at $70M+ when it hit three-week tracking. The first Joker blew past its $80M domestic projection with the highest opening of all-time at $96.2M and outstripped its $155M WW forecast with $248.2M (2019 figures unadjusted for inflation and currency swings). Still with a net production cost of $190M+, Joker: Folie à Deux's expected business at this point isn't bad for exhibition, and not necessarily bad for the movie itself. Who doesn't want a movie that opens to $55M and $140M at the October box office? Anyone not want this? Why so serious, industry? 

https://deadline.com/2024/10/joker-folie-a-deux-box-office-weekend-projection-1236104610/

Edited by dit

• dit changed the title to Deadline: Joker 2 budget is $190M$+ (confirmed)
Red

Hope Gaga got a 180mi paycheck :excited2:

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.
  • LMAO 7
  • YAAAS 1

Jennie Kim

The movie will struggle to reach $400M in the long run with the current reactions. 

The cinemascore will be the final nail in the coffin. 

• Sad 1

dit
6 minutes ago, Jennie Kim said:

The movie will struggle to reach $400M in the long run with the current reactions. 

The cinemascore will be the final nail in the coffin. 

i think it will clear 400M and maybe even 500M which would make it cover its costs and break even BUT I see it stalling beyond that so it might not be profitable unless they make an entire side industry around it with posters, funko pops, and other collector items that usually help cushion disappointing movie grosses. Let's hope we get good and cute funko pop like this: In-Collage-20241001-212719683.png

• Like 1

63grekke

Saw it last night.

Compared to other movies with similar budgets (The Batman, Multiverse of Madness, Wakanda Forever, Deadpool & Wolverine, etc.), I honestly have no idea where all the money went, lol. The majority of the movie was set in just two locations—the asylum and the courtroom… lol.

Edited by 63grekke
  • Like 3
  • LMAO 2

Edonis
16 minutes ago, 63grekke said:

Saw it last night.

Compared to other movies with similar budgets (The Batman, Multiverse of Madness, Wakanda Forever, Deadpool & Wolverine, etc.), I honestly have no idea where all the money went, lol. The majority of the movie was set in just two locations—the asylum and the courtroom… lol.

inb4 Toad Phillips is involved in a Hollywood money laundering schemeIn-Collage-20241001-212719683.png

• LMAO 4

PunkTheFunk

My hype for this movie went from 11/10 to almost non-existent over the last few weeks. I'm only going to support our girl Gaga at this point.

In-Collage-20241001-212719683.png&xs=1&x

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Jennie Kim
23 minutes ago, 63grekke said:

Saw it last night.

I've been asking myself that since the trailer.

Even if you subtract the $30M pay for the leads salary, it doesn't add up.

This is not giving CGI heavy action scene type of movie. Some of the sets looked like cardboard. The marketing was weak. Where did the money go? 

• Like 2

Rahrahbitchson
6 minutes ago, PunkTheFunk said:

My hype for this movie went from 11/10 to almost non-existent over the last few weeks. I'm only going to support our girl Gaga at this point.

In-Collage-20241001-212719683.png&xs=1&x

Fr and i feel like its because of people here in this forum, cuz if i wasnt part of this site reading all the negative comments i will probably be as excited for it as the beginning.

Quizás bastaba respirar, sólo respirar, muy lento...💙
  • Like 1

moonsago

Underwhelming compared to the first but definitely not a flop. It will probably break even and once on streaming will make some profit. I’m just upset how for the second time in a row Gaga gets screwed like this with a project… from the reactions so far it seems she did her job very well once again but the problem is the movie itself… again. It’s sad but hopefully the next one will be acclaimed more.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Monsterclaw

But arent we forgetting about China? Maybe im delulu but that could cover for a rocky BO run in the US

PunkTheFunk
1 hour ago, Jennie Kim said:

I've been asking myself that since the trailer.

Even if you subtract the $30M pay for the leads salary, it doesn't add up.

This is not giving CGI heavy action scene type of movie. Some of the sets looked like cardboard. The marketing was weak. Where did the money go? 

Gaga needs to cancel LG7 and start investigating this case

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT2SC--1l4pR_JYBvT5A7F

• YAAAS 1

Killa
1 hour ago, 63grekke said:

Saw it last night.

Dm me or tell here how was it. Honestly have no hype for It, Just thinking about buying a ticket breakes me heart

63grekke
Just now, Killa said:

Dm me or tell here how was it. Honestly have no hype for It, Just thinking about buying a ticket breakes me heart

I posted a spoiler free review on another thread you can probably see it on my profile 

Jennie Kim
4 minutes ago, PunkTheFunk said:

Gaga needs to cancel LG7 and start investigating this case

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT2SC--1l4pR_JYBvT5A7F

What if Gaga is the one embezzling JFAD money to infuse into the LG7 era? 

:oprah:

• LMAO 1