Die With A Smile Music Video Banner
opinion

Official Joker: Folie À Deux Review & Discussion Thread

RAMROD

Featured Posts

Fantina

I LIKED THE MOVIE AND DON'T MIND WATCHING IT AGAIN!!

Let me preface this by saying that I don't think this movie (the same as Joker 1) was made for everyone. You really have to be a fan of a certain type of genre in order to enjoy it. It's okay not to enjoy it.

Both Gaga and Joaquin were amazing in it, and while I initially thought the songs would be too much for a movie like this, they ended up blending in seamlessly. Some of them even had great performances accompanying them. 

Sure, the story could have been better and more impactful, but I don't mind it too much like some critics apparently do haha

Until then, this is Elvira saying unpleasant dreams.

BradleyCooper
On 10/1/2024 at 2:53 PM, lance13 said:

I'm amazed by the number of people who let their opinions be swayed by negative reviews. People who haven't even seen the movie are already acting like they hate it because of some reviews they read. I hope that I'm never that fragile that I have to let others form my opinions for me. At the end of the day, it's just a movie.....it's not going to make or break Gaga's career or anyone's life. There's so much drama.....go see it/don't go see it.....hate it/love it......who cares?? The best films are those that are open for debate, have mixed reviews, and allow for conversations. I'll save my "review" until I've actually seen the movie, but I promise I'll form my own opinions and not rely on others. Take a deep breath.....Gaga will be fine regardless of the outcome and she got paid. Let's try a little positivity. 

Most of the users posting their opinions have in fact seen the movie. Kind of rude of you to accuse everyone of just being easily swayed puppets. If you didn’t enjoy the film, you didn’t enjoy the film. Nothing wrong with that. We’re all agreeing Gaga was fantastic at least.

• Like 1

Oriane

I just got out of the movie, it's late so I will take more time to read everyone's thoughts tomorrow.

I'm just going to say that Lee's presence and (lack of) character development totally make sense, and anyone who thinks otherwise didn't understand the movie.

You popped my heart seams, all my bubble dreams
  • Thanks 1

bpmMonkey
20 minutes ago, Oriane said:

I just got out of the movie, it's late so I will take more time to read everyone's thoughts tomorrow.

I'm just going to say that Lee's presence and (lack of) character development totally make sense, and anyone who thinks otherwise didn't understand the movie.

Totally agree, YET i would love to see more of her character in a fellow piece. Gaga did a great job in giving her an identity and the staircase scene definitely showed this. It also makes total sense what she meant by saying „I just wasn’t done with her yet“. Makes me appreciate Harlequin even more 🥰

Edited by bpmMonkey
  • Love 1

lance13
57 minutes ago, BradleyCooper said:

Most of the users posting their opinions have in fact seen the movie. Kind of rude of you to accuse everyone of just being easily swayed puppets. If you didn’t enjoy the film, you didn’t enjoy the film. Nothing wrong with that. We’re all agreeing Gaga was fantastic at least.

Read it again.......number of people does not mean everyone, but if the pump fits.

RickMonster98

The movie is not bad, something just feels off here and there. Gaga is super (she is not marginal at all) and the musical numbers are really great

LG2008

I just rewatched the movie and I liked it better this time... I was expecting more Gaga the first time. I just went for Gaga tbh but this time I knew what to expect (regarding Gaga's role and screentime) and it was a really good experience! 

I loved that they used Folie à Deux in that scene, it was really beautiful and again Gaga's amazing in the movie.