💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

question

Exploring MARINA's discography

Head Empty

Featured Posts

leedeegaga

Love & Fear is a good album until you’ve heard the demo productions… it’s the only album that has skips because of it. The rest is flawless!

The unreleased song to try: 

I’m Not Hungry Anymore

Please Don’t Call Me

Cause I’m A Woman

Miss Y

There’s Nothing Wrong With You

Scab & Plaster

Scare them first, so they can’t scare you...

princedeeblebleble

I mean the best way is to start from the beginning :D

Really liked Froot (Happy, Blue, Savages, Immortal, forget), the motives on the L+F songs (Handmade heaven, Enjoy your life, To be human, Soft To be strong, Too affaid) but I wish the produtcion was leas electro pop.. My fave has to be ADIAML, she took all the best parts of her albums and made a masterpiece ^^ 

Head Empty

I listened to FROOT twice now. I really like Happy, FROOT, Blue, but especislly Solitaire and Savages. Weeds I mostly find funny :laughga:

Like Happy Joy GIF by LEGO

I love it when she strays from the usual pop formatting.

My album ranking for now:

1. Family Jewels

2. FROOT

3. Electra Heart

Happiness will never last, darkness comes to kick your ass... ‎ ᵃˢˢ 🕺
  • YAAAS 1

• 2 weeks later...
Head Empty

A little update:

I finished her discography. I ADORE a good few songs, but I haven't fallen in love with her entire body of work. I'd probably consider myself a casual fan now.

My top songs that will stay in heavy rotation are:

- PURGE THE POISON!!

- Ancient Dreams

- Are You Satisfied?

- FROOT

- Shampaign

- Mowgli's Road

- Bubblegum B*tch

- Savages

I will also be playing Family Jewels in full regularly, and it's favorite album of hers BY FAR. It has so much personality.

At the same time, I noticed that the more rebellious/philosophical songs really resonate the most with me, and those are my top favourite individual tracks.

I also wanna mention Highly Emotional People, which really felt like she was singing it to me personally :sweat:. So I really love it as well, but maybe not in the same way as my other favorites.

I really enjoyed listening to all of it and look forward to her next album :party:

Edited by Head Empty
  • YAAAS 1
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

Guillaume Hamon
15 minutes ago, Head Empty said:

A little update:

I finished her discography. I ADORE a good few songs, but I haven't fallen in love with her entire body of work. I'd probably consider myself a casual fan now.

- PURGE THE POISON!!

- Ancient Dreams

- Are You Satisfied?

- FROOT

- Shampaign

- Mowgli's Road

- Bubblegum B*tch

- Savages

I will also be playing Family Jewels in full regularly, and it's favorite album of hers BY FAR. It has so much personality.

At the same time, I noticed that the more rebellious/philosophical songs really resonate the most with me, and those are my top favourite individual tracks.

I also wanna mention Highly Emotional People, which really felt like she was singing it to me personally :sweat:. So I really love it as well, but maybe not in the same way as my other favorites.

I really enjoyed listening to all of it and look forward to her next album :party:

Do you like superstar?

:gum:

Head Empty
10 minutes ago, Guillaume Hamon said:

Do you like superstar?

:gum:

I don't know how to say this, but... :franminervini:

• LMAO 2

SimonBaetens
44 minutes ago, Head Empty said:

A little update:

- PURGE THE POISON!!

- Ancient Dreams

- Are You Satisfied?

- FROOT

- Shampaign

- Mowgli's Road

- Bubblegum B*tch

- Savages

Oh that is a beautiful collection of songs!!

when you're lonely, I'll be lonely too / https://www.last.fm/user/SimonBaetens

Head Empty
1 minute ago, AndiGaga said:

Did u like Happy?

Yes! It's not the type of song I would listen to regularly, but it's very beautiful :nick:

• Love 1

TheARTPOPball

THE FAMILY JEWELS : shampain, i am not a robot, oh no!, hermit the frog, girls

ELECTRA HEART : the state of dreaming, how to be a heart breaker, hypocrates, sex yeah, teen idle, valley of the dolls, lonely hearts club

FROOT : im a ruin, weeds, solitaire, savages, blue

ANCIENT DREAMS IN A MODERN LAND: purge the poison, pandora’s box, new america, goodbye. 

LOVE + FEAR : honestly wouldnt reccomend this for new listeners but if you like pop music, no more suckers is a fun track (although the lyrics are just a bit corny/cringe)

TEETHTEETH

Marina is a fabulous artist!! I recommend her albums:

the Family Jewels

Electra Heart

Froot

Love+Fear

Ancient Dreams in a Modern Land

enjoy! :kiss:

Edited by TEETHTEETH
  • YAAAS 1

DavidJP

You have to listen to Electra heart (platinum blonde edition) in one sitting…. It’s truly one of those albums that is a ROLLER COASTER