Harlequin - OUT SEPTEMBER 27th
celeb

Pharrell says he gets annoyed when celebrities trying to tell you who to vote for

Teletubby

Featured Posts

weed
1 hour ago, Real Panda said:

when he was famous

Gag him again for me

• YAAAS 2

skaxboy

Isn’t his Neptunes partner Chad Hugo suing him?

I get annoyed at celebrities who get annoyed at celebrities trying to tell you who to vote for. 

I used to think he was such a cool guy. I don’t think so anymore. 

• Thanks 4

djBuffoon

Fortunately, we live in America, where people can speak out about things like politics.

Don’t like it? Tough shït.

• YAAAS 2

Gagaism
1 hour ago, GagaTheExplorer said:

I mean, he is not wrong

Every person has their own reality and the vote based on that inatead of "my fave asked me to vote for" or "if I dont vote for X candidate people are gonna think I am a bigot"

World aint simple just black or white 

And voting aint about good vs evil, but we are obviously seeing a society more polarized by politics each day, very sad

59 minutes ago, moonsago said:

And he’s right. Imagine waiting for some of the most priviledged people on earth, who are out of touch with reality and live in their elitist bubble to tell you who to vote for. My favorite is when they try to relate. lol We are NOT the same, so shut up. Also, celebrities are artists not politicians, let activists & politicans do politics and celebrities art. I am so happy we are seeing more and more public people speak out against the nonsense that celebrities need to do this and also to see more public people express how divisive things have become and how we can’t even tolerate and coexist with people who have different opinions than us. Even Chappell recently said she still loves her Republican side of the family, because DUH, politics are NOT everything. 

45 minutes ago, Economy said:

Totally agree. Besides, of course mainstream celebs will claim to support democrats because if they say otherwise they get ripped to shreds. So you dont even know of their endorsement is honest and genuine

I do not personally care what celebs endorse. It would never alter who id vote for and since they have an image to worry about I also do not trust most of what they say anyway

Lastly yeah they do not relate with ordinary ppl on most matters, ur 100% on point there

First u want to make it clear that this is not about defending any celebrity.

So the thing here is while people don’t wake up to realize that the only way to get out of politics dominance is to stick and fight together this is gonna stay the same.

It doesn’t matter what kind of bubble you are, if you’re rich or poor because if you’re having to parties competing for a victory, or even a third or fourth, the division is gonna be there anyways. And that’s exactly what the politicians up there want while they keep themselves on power. So the ones who are not really on THAT level of power will keep fighting to save their sides no matter what motivation they have, which includes artists, professionals and general people. 
The disrespect from Pharrell statement imo comes when he says “shut up”, like, why? As long as you’re not being disrespectful with anybody, you shouldn’t not be asked to just shut up?
At the end of the day, he’s still got the option to unread whatever he sees and just move forward, that’s the difference. He’s also being motivated by his own interests and don’t forget that, even though he’s not that relevant anymore he’s still on the rich bubble. 

And for us down here we still got options as well: read and accept, read and not accept, read and move forward, don’t read, be united, be divisive, follow, unfollow, vote right, vote left, vote or don’t vote at all and for all that to happen the most important power you have is to think - and that’s your own power, nobody will think for you unless you allow them to. Because at the end of the day, if you’re not coming together with others as we are supposed to get in order to get our lives on track, you’re automatically allowing people in power to do so. 

• Thanks 1

GagaTheExplorer
38 minutes ago, Gagaism said:

First u want to make it clear that this is not about defending any celebrity.

So the thing here is while people don’t wake up to realize that the only way to get out of politics dominance is to stick and fight together this is gonna stay the same.

It doesn’t matter what kind of bubble you are, if you’re rich or poor because if you’re having to parties competing for a victory, or even a third or fourth, the division is gonna be there anyways. And that’s exactly what the politicians up there want while they keep themselves on power. So the ones who are not really on THAT level of power will keep fighting to save their sides no matter what motivation they have, which includes artists, professionals and general people. 
The disrespect from Pharrell statement imo comes when he says “shut up”, like, why? As long as you’re not being disrespectful with anybody, you shouldn’t not be asked to just shut up?
At the end of the day, he’s still got the option to unread whatever he sees and just move forward, that’s the difference. He’s also being motivated by his own interests and don’t forget that, even though he’s not that relevant anymore he’s still on the rich bubble. 

And for us down here we still got options as well: read and accept, read and not accept, read and move forward, don’t read, be united, be divisive, follow, unfollow, vote right, vote left, vote or don’t vote at all and for all that to happen the most important power you have is to think - and that’s your own power, nobody will think for you unless you allow them to. Because at the end of the day, if you’re not coming together with others as we are supposed to get in order to get our lives on track, you’re automatically allowing people in power to do so. 

Except he aint telling regular voters to shut up, he is telling that to the out-of-touch-with-reality celebs who encourage people to vote for X candidate for mere personal benifit or to look cool and aware

If you're rich and famous you shouldn't feel entitled to tell normal people who to vote for and most importantly you shouldn't ashame them for their choices if disagree with you, as I said before, everyone has their own reasons to think one way or another

Let people decide, let politicians campaign and let celebs out of this since they know nothing about the real world

Gagaism
2 minutes ago, GagaTheExplorer said:

Except he aint telling regular voters to shut up, he is telling that to the out-of-touch-with-reality celebs who encourage people to vote for X candidate for mere personal benifit or to look cool and aware

If you're rich and famous you shouldn't feel entitled to tell normal people who to vote for and most importantly you shouldn't ashame them for their choices if disagree with you, as I said before, everyone has their own reasons to think one way or another

Let people decide, let politicians campaign and let celebs out of this since they know nothing about the real world

It’s just the same thing about rich folks telling people to buy them cosmetics or whatever they’ll sell because of their influence, but just because it’s politics it gets polarizing. 
Most politicians doesn’t know or even worse, pretend to not know about real world especially when they get up there. There’s just too many layers up to these topics.

Nobody is forcing people to do anything, and again, you’re entitled to your own choices for everything. 

• Like 1

SlowLoris

This is the LaCroix of Trump endorsements.... Not overt, very soft and understated 

Edited by SlowLoris
  • Like 2

Argentum

Suspicious GIFIs he trying to say something 

"Δεν είσαι αγάπη. Δεν είσαι αγάπη. Είσαι οφθαλμαπάτη. Η τέλεια οφθαλμαπάτη" - Λαίδη Γκάγκα, 2016

StrawberryBlond

Bewildered that so many of you are saying that this is his way of saying he supports Trump. I find it cringey when celebrities give political endorsement, even when I like them and/or like the candidate they're supporting. It just reads as "I'm so famous and influential that my fans will vote for whoever I tell them to, because when I say jump, they ask how high." Hollywood is full of narcissists and endorsing politicians is one of the ways that they exercise those traits. They endorse not only because they can be paid for it mostly but also because if the candidate wins, it will cause them to give themselves a huge pat on the back as if the political victory is solely down to them. Celebrities also live in such a privileged world that the reasons why they vote are very different to that of the regular person. Most policies enacted by leaders will never affect them because when you're rich, you can escape most situations and solve basically every issue you encounter. Make no mistake, regardless of who's in power, celebrities will barely be affected, so their political beliefs and who they vote for really shouldn't sway us in any way. 

This isn't a message of support for either side. I'm British, the American election doesn't affect me. It's purely a neutral way of telling things like they are from a worldwide perspective. This message holds true for every country and every political system. 

5 hours ago, Reality said:

And I get annoyed every time I hear Happy

I just looked it up and found that there's the main version and an additional 5 versions, most of which are over 100 million views each. The reach that song had and apparently still does is one of the music industry's greatest mysteries. 

• Like 1

phantasmas
19 hours ago, Real Panda said:

Just leaving this here

deliveryService?max_w=800&id=NMAH-ET2016

In 2004, he along with Mariah and others encouraged people to vote

uuuhggh Mimi looks sooo good here omg, SKINNYLENGENDYAASS

Snapchat: @phantasmas
  • YAAAS 1

A Very Gaga Holida
20 hours ago, Economy said:

Hey Soul Sister says hi