celeb

Chappell Roan on Republican family+friends

ThisGuyTony

Featured Posts

RenegAde
37 minutes ago, faysalaaa said:

Well they dont talk about weather they love a Democrat family member, because most of them dont really have an issue with Democrats. But they do have conversations around loving your Gay or trans family member, and how complicated it is considering their religion.

They have an issue with Democrats definitely, especially the trump supporting and maga Conservatives, I'm just not sure they are overly fixated on celebrity familial political affiliations.

Edited by RenegAde
  • Like 2

Franch Toast

That Tweet is taking her statement out of context (surprise, surprise). She expresses having empathy and understanding for conservative family and friends, but this is also the same person who refused to perform for Pride at the Biden White House because of the US aiding in the genocide in Gaza. 

She isn't saying that she has "no problem"  with having Republican friends and family members. She's saying she understands that many of these beliefs are rooted in fear because this is how she too grew up. Hopefully she'll be able to change a few minds. 

She/Her/Hers
  • Like 3

Franch Toast
37 minutes ago, faysalaaa said:

Well they dont talk about weather they love a Democrat family member, because most of them dont really have an issue with Democrats. But they do have conversations around loving your Gay or trans family member, and how complicated it is considering their religion.

I have several extended family members who are Republican who constantly belittle Democrats. My dad's cousin kicked one of his cousins out of his car once he (the cousin) found out that his cousin had voted for Biden, and when my dad was dying in the hospital, I had to listen to this conservative cousin berate Democrats as we sat in the hospital lobby. My mom's sister-in-law is also a staunch Republican who mocks Democrats and progressives. 

I also have several extended family members muted on social media because they constantly make fun of Democrats. 

She/Her/Hers
  • Like 3

faysalaaa
13 minutes ago, Franch Toast said:

I have several extended family members who are Republican who constantly belittle Democrats. My dad's cousin kicked one of his cousins out of his car once he (the cousin) found out that his cousin had voted for Biden, and when my dad was dying in the hospital, I had to listen to this conservative cousin berate Democrats as we sat in the hospital lobby. My mom's sister-in-law is also a staunch Republican who mocks Democrats and progressives. 

I also have several extended family members muted on social media because they constantly make fun of Democrats. 

Republicans do mock and hate Democrats, but its not a big deal breaker to them in general if you are a Democrat. They dont cut off family members because they are Democrats, or attack people that are friends with Democrats. And im sure alot of Republicans would be okay dating a Democrat.

This doesnt mean Republicans are better, thats not what im trying to say.

Edited by faysalaaa
  • Like 1

Agunimon
7 minutes ago, faysalaaa said:

Republicans do mock and hate Democrats, but its not a a big deal breaker to them in general, they dont cut off family members because they are Democrats. They also dont attack people that are friends with Democrats. And im sure alot of Republicans would be okay dating a Democrat.

This doesnt mean Republicans are better, thats not what im trying to say.

This is what I have seen as well. It even goes down to things like.. remember when Hogwarts Legacy came out? I am a Democrat with mostly Democrat friends and had friends who decided to block and delete people who were also Democrats for even playing that game. I feel like the left just hold their own party to such a high, purist social standing - fail to meet that, and they will discard you.

• Like 2

faysalaaa
6 minutes ago, Agunimon said:

This is what I have seen as well. It even goes down to things like.. remember when Hogwarts Legacy came out? I am a Democrat with mostly Democrat friends and had friends who decided to block and delete people who were also Democrats for even playing that game. I feel like the left just hold their own party to such a high, purist social standing - fail to meet that, and they will discard you.

Yeah I think we all have stories like this at this point, but I think thats currently changing from what ive noticed. 

Ivy
30 minutes ago, Franch Toast said:

Yeah my mom had to unfriend some conservative family on her sm because they were literally bullying her and other liberal family members :air:

• Like 2

SevenWonder

My mom and sister are both on the right. My other sister and I are on the left. Honestly, it hardly ever comes up. We just agree to disagree on politics and focus on everything else. It does help that they are both "sane" righties. Meaning very pro gay, pro choice. (But don't get me started on immigration. Ugh. That's a topic we avoid like the plague.)

• Like 1