Die With A Smile Music Video Banner
celeb

Taylor hugs Trump supporting friend

ThisGuyTony

Featured Posts

lilboyblue
1 minute ago, Bronco said:

I mean generally yes. 
It's a bit different when you recognise the fact that Brit Mahomes is the wife of the star QB/head kermit impersonator of KCC. Kind of difficult to just cut that out of your life while dating a KCC player and being one of the most prominent people in the public eye. 

I'll fully admit it makes me uncomfortable. But I also recognise a business relationship when I see one. 

I mean, sure. I will give Taylor the benefit of the doubt if she's just being polite and such. But Brit Mahomes and the MAGAs have completely outplayed her here. If that sits well with her, then there's nothing really we can do about it.

• Like 1

Bronco
6 minutes ago, lilboyblue said:

I mean, sure. I will give Taylor the benefit of the doubt if she's just being polite and such. But Brit Mahomes and the MAGAs have completely outplayed her here. If that sits well with her, then there's nothing really we can do about it.

I think you are giving Brit Mahomes waaaaayyyyyy too much credit as to her potential for intelligence tbh

lilboyblue

And for the record, I'm not even saying she should cut people off from her life. I mean, she's country and football-adjacent, it would probably be near impossible. It's a PR battle in the end... all she really needs to do is not be seen in public with them for a while.

Because if she doesn't support Trump, then she is sure as hell being taken advantage of and I would be livid if I were a Swiftie.

lilboyblue
5 hours ago, Bronco said:

I think you are giving Brit Mahomes waaaaayyyyyy too much credit as to her potential for intelligence tbh

Maybe... but whether it's intentional or not, they're for sure getting the mileage

Edited by lilboyblue

Sunny

Do y'all expect anything different from the queen of white feminism? She always knew how to thread the line and stay politically "indifferent"

I like dancin', and ponies....
  • Like 1

Axl Jax

The fact that someone can't be friends with someone who supports someone who is voting for someone because they believe that is the best choice for the prosperity of their family is crazy. Not all trump supporters are qanon death cult people. Especially this time around with so many people choosing trump after their quality of life going down over the last few years. Im not American but I see a lot a people choosing Trump this time cos they want a change, not 4 more years of financial struggle.

Whether you think Trump isn't the option for that is irrelevant, everyone has a different POV and different experience, and everyone has the right to vote whichever way they like and we shouldn't be letting ourselves be more divided.

• LMAO 2

Hydrangea

See Ya Goodbye GIF by Kev Lavery

well, I am just stunned. Shocked beyond belief I tell you! 

I’m a bad friend
  • LMAO 1

NCgaga
9 hours ago, Cameltoe Chariot said:

Care to elaborate?

The fact that you  are calling  people who are mature enough to not be rude to others in public due to political beliefs fie hard swifties. So in your opinion, people who have Maga family members, friends, acquaintances should delete them out of their life? Just because you are incapable of separating doesn’t mean others are. 

Ziggy
12 hours ago, lasagna said:

i dislike taylor immensely but unfortunately most times its not easy to cut people out of your life even if they have absolutely insane and horrible political views. relationships with family members, friends and even colleagues are complicated and i cant judge her for a hug (:air:) this is really no different than Gaga having to tolerate her maga father. we know she doesnt like or vote for trump and thats what matters

Welllllll while I agree with you mostly I think dumping a casual friend is a lot easier than dumping your literal father lol especially as in Gaga’s case it’s very very clear she tried hard to reach him at some other level to help him see otherwise and it didn’t work

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Ziggy
4 hours ago, faysalaaa said:

Wasnt that literally the Democratic party a couple of years ago? They were against Gay marriage and abortion. Obama and Hilary openly refused to support Gay rights. Thats why Gaga had to scream in her speech and wear a meat dress to ask Obama to support Gays serving in the military.

I personally wouldnt be close friends with a Trump supporter, but I would be close with a Trump voter. 

What’s your point here? That a political party shouldn’t grow and change? Lmao their stance on gay marriage shifted in *2010* not a couple of years ago lol I’m no friend to democrats but idk how this is painting them as worse than republicans or something 

killme89

As a brown man living in the states I can say this proudly and with my chest. You will never catch me being friends or hugging a trump supporter. Idgaf how your ass spins it. You literally support the man who says he can grab women by the pu**** and think all illegal immigrants aren’t people who deserve human decency. The man that literally every racist in this country supports, if that doesn’t say enough idk what to tell you. Also if you don’t live here you really should just mind your business because there’s a huge chance you don’t know what you are even talking about. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

faysalaaa
On 9/9/2024 at 3:08 PM, Ziggy said:

What’s your point here? That a political party shouldn’t grow and change? Lmao their stance on gay marriage shifted in *2010* not a couple of years ago lol I’m no friend to democrats but idk how this is painting them as worse than republicans or something 

I did not say Democrats are worse than Republicans, or that a political parties shouldnt change and grow.

My point was we shouldnt cut off people simply because they belong to a political party, specially when the reason your cutting them off is also part of your political party not very long ago. Democrats were very anti Gay before Trump was elected.

My point is not Democrats are bad, my point is to understand the nuance of all human beings including republicans.

Edited by faysalaaa

Crescent Bloom

I have very mixed feelings on this. This is a very nuanced and complex situation.

The Miss Americana documentary attempted to paint her in this light that she would no longer be ambiguous about her stances (all of this being said while her career was in a lull), and that she is this progressive political person. She even voiced dissatisfaction for not saying anything in the 2016 election.

I understand safety concerns for her on the tour, and she's going to Florida next (which is a very hostile state in terms of politics), so I don't blame her for her silence (especially considering the recent threat in Vienna), but to publicly show off a friendship with someone who has been VERY VOCAL about their support of Trump is gross.

This doesn't even mention Brittany's comments supporting her brother-in-law who SA'd someone and was on trial for it (which again, Taylor has spoken about SA in the past as a victim herself).

If she does not voice disdain for Trump (or support for Kamala), especially after the Florida shows, I can't lie and say that I wouldn't be extremely disappointed. The possibility of another Trump presidency would have horrendous consequences and would be a threat to the fundamental democracy of America.

Taylor's influence (especially in politics, which can be seen back in 2018 in the Tennessee primaries) is ASTRONOMICALLY strong. 

Edited by Crescent Bloom
  • Like 1