Harlequin - OUT SEPTEMBER 27th
Harlequin - OUT SEPTEMBER 27th
celeb

Taylor hugs Trump supporting friend

ThisGuyTony

Featured Posts

faysalaaa
4 hours ago, imnotyourbabe10 said:

I really don’t care about Swift and her life, lol, but came here to share a thought on the hypothetical being friends with a MAGA person. Some say we can have difference of political opinions and still be friends or cordial. Not a fan of that take.

As the second wave feminist movement (which had its problems) said “the personal is political.”  

We can argue if pineapple belongs on pizza (an opinion) but we are not agreeing to disagree or having an argument about human rights and equality or equity.

Also, thinking of Popper’s “paradox of tolerance” - where he said “we cannot tolerate that which is intolerable.” The whole MAGA agenda is intolerable and we cannot just “tolerate” it. 

Feminists and activists want to turn every single thing political. Even if its political, we shouldnt politicize every single thing in our life. Even if you do want to politicize things, there are different ways in effecting change in people, and while cutting people off is one good strategy, other strategies also work. 

SHALLOW
13 minutes ago, RenegAde said:

Suprised by the tone in this thread cuz a few years ago yall expected katy to disown her dad. Or do I not remember correctly?:max:

Maybe cause they didn't expect Katy to be this awful. But time... The ultimate truth teller. One day Taylor will show her true self and then all her past choices will make sense.

It's unfortunate that it takes people so long to see the truth

Edited by SHALLOW

faysalaaa
6 hours ago, lilboyblue said:

Trumpers, though? Those are people who are fine taking away women's autonomy of their own bodies, and value their guns over the safety of their children in schools. Those are white supremacists.

Also, as much as religion can dictate your politics, those are two different things. I'm a Catholic and I do not at all align with the kind of principles Trump is espousing.

Wasnt that literally the Democratic party a couple of years ago? They were against Gay marriage and abortion. Obama and Hilary openly refused to support Gay rights. Thats why Gaga had to scream in her speech and wear a meat dress to ask Obama to support Gays serving in the military.

I personally wouldnt be close friends with a Trump supporter, but I would be close with a Trump voter. 

Edited by faysalaaa

River
6 minutes ago, TSUNAMI said:

So, what should Taylor do? 

fired-up.gif

I'm working late, cause I'm a puta

faysalaaa
16 minutes ago, SHALLOW said:

Maybe cause they didn't expect Katy to be this awful. But time... The ultimate truth teller. One day Taylor will show her true self and then all her past choices will make sense.

It's unfortunate that it takes people so long to see the truth

There is no truth or conspiracy, we know Taylor for over 20 years, shes simply just a capitalist that cares too much about her money and status. Which is fine, most people here are the same way, they just dont have the power Taylor has.

Edited by faysalaaa

Rat Boy
42 minutes ago, faysalaaa said:

white supremacist darling.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

"I am a Walmart version of Rat Boy!” - River

faysalaaa
5 minutes ago, Rat Boy said:

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

"Swift has been a darling of white supremacists for several years, with a Broadly piece in 2016 referring to a story on the neo-Nazi" - The Telegraph

• LMAO 1

Economy
8 hours ago, FATCAT said:

Are people expecting her to be mean? They're friends. You can be friends with people you don't agree with.

Seriously

This idea we have to create segregation between people for diffent political views to me is such an extreme. Talk about dividing a nation and amplifying hate even more

Would i be best friends and wanna a very close relationship with someone who has key phylosophical ideas to my own in life? Probably not, it would even make it hard not to fight.

Will i avoid all contact, communication or even just basic friendliness and civility? Absolutely not. If u go to that extreme in my opinion you start to become about as intolerant as the Republicans you criticize intolerance for just in different ways.

• Like 2

lilboyblue
1 minute ago, Economy said:

Seriously

This idea we have to create segregation between people for diffent political views to me is such an extreme. Talk about dividing a nation and amplifying hate even more

Would i be best friends and wanna a very close relationship with someone who has key phylosophical ideas to my own in life? Probably not, it would even make it hard not to fight.

Will i avoid all contact, communication or even just basic friendliness and civility? Absolutely not. If u go to that extreme in my opinion you start to become about as intolerant as the Republicans you criticize intolerance for just in different ways.

I think if Taylor was just any regular person, people could care less tbh. But since she is who she is, there is a responsibility attached to it, whether she likes it or not.

The point people are making is that the MAGA Republicans are now getting a lot of favorable PR their way because of Taylor, in a very crucial and hotly-contested election. And she has been silent about where she stands even as her likeness is being used to support Trump.

• Like 1

Bronco
2 hours ago, Luna Lovegood said:

one of the dumbest take I’ve seen on this thread omfg it's almost like you can't choose your parents but you can choose your friends and if you hang out with them 😭 40 paws up yeah this site is COOKED 

If there's one thing queer people should understand its that family does not need to be a permanent structure in your life once you're an adult. 

Like as someone who at 16 had to move out due to issues at home with the parents you can absolutely cut your parents out of your life. 

• Like 1

lilboyblue
7 minutes ago, Bronco said:

If there's one thing queer people should understand its that family does not need to be a permanent structure in your life once you're an adult. 

Like as someone who at 16 had to move out due to issues at home with the parents you can absolutely cut your parents out of your life. 

Yeah, but I think we can all agree that cutting your family off is in a whole different league from simply trying to not be seen publicly with a friend if it means you get associated to a movement you don't believe in.

Edited by lilboyblue
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

faysalaaa

Most people like me live in countries thats 99.9% homophobic, and the ones that are not homophobic are unknown because its not safe to be pro LGBTQ+. Even I have to act homophobic sometimes to not expose myself as Gay. It doesnt make sense for me to cut off everyone in my life thats homophobic because I would have literally nobody!

Most homophobes I know are socially homophobic because its what the culture expects, but when it comes to actually harming Gay people and taking away their rights, they are against it. They love me and would defend me against any harm even though they support religious laws that are against me.

Its natural for humans to have alot of contradictions, and we have to see the nuance in people to be able to effect change in them.

• Sad 1

Bronco
Just now, lilboyblue said:

Yeah, but I think we can all agree that cutting your family off is in a whole different league from simply trying to not be seen publicly with a friend if it means you get associated to a movement you don't believe in. Just me.

I mean generally yes. 
It's a bit different when you recognise the fact that Brit Mahomes is the wife of the star QB/head kermit impersonator of KCC. Kind of difficult to just cut that out of your life while dating a KCC player and being one of the most prominent people in the public eye. 

I'll fully admit it makes me uncomfortable. But I also recognise a business relationship when I see one. 

• Like 1

chromaticainmyhead

Doesn't it also depend on how much of a Trump supporter that person is? If she's an alt-right openly supporting fascist views and campaigning for them I'd say that is pretty ****ed up that Taylor chose to be public with her, other than that, a lot of people probably support Trump not because of his persona but because of him being a member of the GOP. That should be absolutely okay to hang out with people like her who just have maybe chosen to support GOP because of their views on economy. Sure, It can be discussed whether or not they are then opportunistic when it comes to human rights and other issues, but I highly disagree with the stance you should cut all the ties with your friends who have other political views than you. I think the most important factor of a society is coming together and talking with each other and not hate and division

fan-tas-tique, chic, freak, slaaaay