question

When did work on LG7 start?

Delulu Rogers

Featured Posts

Delulu Rogers

The vogue interview talks a lot about how Michael encouraged Gaga to make a new album and how the chromatica ball reignite a passion for music. 

Everything seems to point to work on LG7 starting after the Chromatica ball. So do we think that from 2020-2022 Gaga focused on HOG/Vegas/Tour and didn’t start LG7 until mid 2023 (after joker). It seems like a logical timeline even though it would mean she took a four year break from making music since chromatica was finished by end of 2019. 

I’m very curious about the timeline for this album 

Kirby Ghosty

She did mention around 2022 that she was indeed writing songs. Probably just random melodies and lyrics on her phone, nothing too complex, but I could see LG7 being inspired by the dark themes of the Chromatica Ball. :partysick:

Anderson123

When did we first found out about Andrew Watt? I think she started working on "LG7" in 2022 when they asked her about it and she said "There's always music in my heart" doing stuff here and there kind of like with DJWS before it became Chromatica. So by mid 2022 during the Chromatica Ball Michael saw the fire in Gaga doing pop music and he encouraged her to go that route, changed direction of LG7 from whatever she was doing (Adult contemporary, piano?) and she started working with other people, maybe Andrew from the Rolling Stones sessions jumped aboard and she liked what they were working on and started from there.

My guess is that the LG7 we're getting now has been in the works since early 2023. The Rolling Stones album came out in October 2023 so that had to be finished mid 2023. Andrew finished sessions with them and then booked a studio with Gaga to work on her music. Don't remember when Ozzy Osbourne said he wanted to work with him but he was busy with Gaga.

Edit: I'm reading on Wikipedia a bit of the Rolling Stones album sessions and they have been working on music since before the pandemic but got this:

"In mid-2022, Paul McCartney suggested to guitarist Ronnie Wood[11] the band look to Andrew Watt to continue their album[12] and Jagger agreed, appreciating Watt's approach to producing new music from long-time acts.[13] The band invited Watt to see them perform in Electric Lady Studios in late 2022 and he took over recording at Henson Recording Studios in Los Angeles by November of that year.[11] Further recordings in late 2022 and early 2023 with Watt included McCartney playing bass guitar on two new Stones songs."

So that's probably around the time Gaga was there too and did vocals for Sweet Sounds of Heaven which probably led to Andrew working with her on LG7.

Edited by Anderson123
  • Like 1