music news

Kendrick Lamar to Headline 2025 Super Bowl

Teletubby

Featured Posts

RAMROD
1 minute ago, RenegAde said:

Also people are here because they love Gaga not because of her peak so whats even the point of bringing this up.

Because every now and then some of the stans need reality check. Calling Kendrick doesn't have mass appeal are not only wrong, but shows how some of these people are actually out of touch af, it'd be better just saying they don't like Kendrick and they didn't appreciate this choice of performer, than making a fool of themselves.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ 𝚍𝚊𝚗𝚌𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚑𝚊𝚍𝚘𝚠 𝚘𝚏 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚗𝚒-𝚒-𝚒-𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝...! (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡
  • Thanks 4

Future Lovers
1 hour ago, RenegAde said:

He's going to need a few guests and a lot of LED lights to make this interesting to watch on a performance level.

I’m assuming you may be unfamiliar with Kendrrick as a performer. I wasn’t either for awhile and assumed he was boring but that couldn’t be further from the truth.

You earlier I believe were shown a performance that’d old enough to not reflect what his shows have grown into in terms of production and narrative complexity. 

He is incredibly theatrical and that has increased with each era. His most recent tour (The Big Steppers Tour) featured dancers, costumes, and a narrative storyline achieved via narration and theatrical set pieces. I highly recommend clips or its AMAZING concert film on Amazon Prime. 

His shows are just as complex and theatrical as the pop girls.

This brief trailer is a good example: 

Edited by Future Lovers
  • Like 2

RenegAde
31 minutes ago, RAMROD said:

Because every now and then some of the stans need reality check. Calling Kendrick doesn't have mass appeal are not only wrong, but shows how some of these people are actually out of touch af, it'd be better just saying they don't like Kendrick and they didn't appreciate this choice of performer, than making a fool of themselves.

How is it a "reality check" when you have to resort to decrediting Gaga with 2013 -2016 narratives which have long been disproven? That's not reality anymore.

You managed to make the same point the user was trying to make without discrediting Gaga out of spite so I'm sorry,  but to sit in 2024 and somehow imply that Gaga lost her appeal just cuz you wanna spite one user is also out of touch.

Edited by RenegAde

Future Lovers
14 minutes ago, lastpopicon said:

he s*cks live, oh well 

He really doesn’t. He is one of the most gifted theatrical live storytellers currently touring. 

He’s one of the few to successfully execute a coherent, powerful narrative into his shows. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Cello

This is gonna be great, I need king kunta on the set list:excited2: 

do i need to understand a pineapple to eat a banana

GagaGame

Guys he is not releasing a single he's doing a performance. One of the songs he'll sing might go top 3 but just a reminder LG7 is an album, not a song. And when Kendrick tops the Hot 100 it will fall and fall off the chart until it disappears from there

I could be your mustang for the weekend

Morphine Prince
23 minutes ago, RenegAde said:

I mean it's delusional to say kendrick doesn't have GP appeal but did you really have to discredit Gaga to make that point? Especially since she's literally proven that people can have multiple peaks and maintain a prolicific career without always being no1.

Also people are here because they love Gaga not because of her peak so whats even the point of bringing this up.

Never discredited her. 

Also, I even mentioned to READ in my post. It is a FACT Gaga’s Pop music peak phase was 2008-2011.

Not saying she isn’t still relevant or amazing cause she’s smashing the charts RIGHT NOW. 

• Thanks 1

lastpopicon
7 minutes ago, Future Lovers said:

He really doesn’t. He is one of the most gifted theatrical live storytellers currently touring. 

He’s one of the few to successfully execute a coherent, powerful narrative into his shows. 

I've seen him live :laughga: Mostly back vocals and couldn't hear him most of the time.

To be fair, it was a festival, so the sound engineers might be at fault because it wasn't his tour.

Don't get me wrong, I like his stuff, even non singles like money trees, but that's my personal experience :noparty:

Edited by lastpopicon
The melody that you choose can rescue you
  • Love 1

RenegAde
3 minutes ago, Future Lovers said:

I’m assuming you may be unfamiliar with Kendrrick as a performer. I wasn’t either for awhile and assumed he was boring but that couldn’t be further from the truth.

He is incredibly theatrical and that has increased with each era. His most recent tour (The Big Steppers Tour) featured dancers, costumes, and a narrative storyline achieved via narration and theatrical set pieces. I highly recommend clips or its AMAZING concert film on Amazon Prime. 

His shows are just as complex and theatrical as the pop girls.

This brief trailer is a good example: 

Omg This looks really good and i hope he does something like this but it kinda proves my point no? This is a really technology and effects driven performance.

Unless he is willing to dance his ass off while jumping around that stage all while maintaining his breath and keeping the crowd entertained just by his presence alone then the effects and gimmicks that performers use to mask the lack of showmanship will be needed, Guests will also be needed .

Don't know why people are having an issue accepting this when there's only about 10 artists who can perform such a long set without guests. Justin timberlake and the bweekend tried  and failed (one more than the other :bear:)

Flippy

Not a fan :madge: Good for the people that like him though! One of my friends is having the time of her life with these news :ladyhaha:

TMBT 3.22.11 // TBTWB 1.17.13 // ArtRAVE 6.3.14 // C2CT 5.28.15 // TJWT 8.13.17 // Chromatica World Tour 9.8.22

lastpopicon

just hit me that drake will be dissed to over 100M people    :ladyhaha:

:deadbanana:

The melody that you choose can rescue you
  • YAAAS 1

RebeldeFaith

He better bring out Gaga and perform a 12 minutes set of Partynauseous and Bitch Don't Kill My Vibe. :madge:

Something something idk

Agunimon
54 minutes ago, RenegAde said:

I mean it's delusional to say kendrick doesn't have GP appeal but did you really have to discredit Gaga to make that point? Especially since she's literally proven that people can have multiple peaks and maintain a prolicific career without always being no1.

He specifically said stans.

There are lots of replies to various threads on this forum about other artists by members here who are clearly out of touch with music outside of their bubble by making comments like the one earlier in this thread, or other comments suggesting an artist is less known than they are when in reality, they are only less known to that person in particular because they listen to mpg exclusively.

Stans suggesting that need their statements discredited or they will never be in touch with the GP like they think they are.

Someone said something similar about The Weekend's setlist last night which was equally as ironic considering it was filled with hits from After Hours and Dawn FM. 

Edited by Agunimon
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

ErickSlayyy
2 hours ago, alsemanche said:

He has 4 number 1s on the BB100 :air: including one this year 

2 hours ago, boyerased said:

The halftime has long-ceased catering to the traditional football fans. It’s exactly that, to bring in new crowds. In fact its modern iteration was intended to be a counter programming to the game. 

1 hour ago, nodandsmile said:

- He got two albums that haven't left the billboard 200 since their releases back in 2012 and 2017 respectively, the former is the longest charting studio rap album in history btw

- "HUMBLE." was eligible for diamond certification ages ago

- Pultizer Prize winner, first person outside of classical and jazz to do so

- "Not Like Us" is easily one of the biggest song of the year and is coming for that diamond certification down the line

maybe YOU don't know him!

1 hour ago, Agunimon said:

Kendrick is the most popular and reputable rapper and has been since 2010s. I think people on this site who tend to gravitate towards listening to predominantly or sometimes exclusively main pop girls are out of touch with what resonates with the GP. Rap is way more dominant than dance pop in the mainstream audience.

1 hour ago, andy232000 said:

Hip hop is the biggest genre in apple music and the US. LG7 would be absolutely not safe anymore agaisnt a major rap release. The only reason it remains safe now is because both Gaga and Kendrick are from the same label and probably they wont have them compete against each other. 

1 hour ago, FATCAT said:

Nah he's a great performer, he always puts on a show

1 hour ago, RAMROD said:

He got billions of streams, and he sold out solo shows. He is going to be alright, to those who think older folks won't recognize him. They might not know how he looks like, but they will recognize his music. At very least they know Humble. Unless they are very redneck.

At least Marvel know those statement is wrong, they won't hire him to be in charge of curating music for the first Black Panther music if he is't popular. And that was in 2018.

1 hour ago, Catnikko said:

a user of GGD is not a member of the 'GP' :air: 

58 minutes ago, Morphine Prince said:

Out of touch Gaga stans who stan a woman whose appeal in Pop music (read this before you drag me) peaked over a decade ago trying to claim someone isn’t relevant or appealing is always hilarious to me. 

39 minutes ago, Future Lovers said:

He literally just this year had one of the biggest hits of the decade are you well?

Like if you don’t like his music cool but you gotta be really out of the loop and culturally disengaged to not recognize a thing from one of the most popular artists in the world. 

37 minutes ago, RAMROD said:

I appreciate y’all so much :holdmyhand: I started reading this thread and oooo lawddd I was so ready to wack some h0es on here :dom:. I’m glad y’all aren’t delusional like some other people on here:iamfair::haroon: :triggered:. There’s still hope here in GGD :pray::kara:. As a fan of his, I’m so excited for Kendrick to perform :firega:. I personally think he’s the greatest rapper of all time. All his albums have been bangers back to back. I honestly hated the fact he did the Super Bowl with Dr. Dre, he was like on there for 2 minutes as a guest. Knowing he can give more, I was hoping one day the NFL would reconsider and let be him a headliner. My wish came true :vegas:. Also very excited for him to perform “Not Like Us” in front of the whole world and Drake will be seething in his living room:thriller::billie::ororomunroe:

• Like 5
  • Love 4