other

ChromaticaBoy’s Adventure at Venice Film Festival 2024

ChromaticaBoy

Featured Posts

ChromaticaBoy

Hey everybody,
I took some time this morning to write about my experience at the Venice Film Festival 2024. Hope you’ll enjoy.
DISCLAIMER: PARAGRAPH 6 CONTAINS SPOILERS OF JOKER FAD.

I want to start this post by saying that last night was truly magical.
I went to the festival with my mom, who wished to see Gaga so much. So, skipping the part about the sightseeing we had around the city of Venice, which included a fun moment we had outside of Gaga’s hotel (you can read about that here under here), we went to Lido di Venezia, which is where the Festival is held, with a vaporetto (a water bus).

Anyway, at around 6:15 pm, some celebs were already coming, but it was pretty clear that 90% of the people were waiting for Gaga. At around 6:35 pm, things started to intensify, you could just sense it. At that point we went into Palazzo del Cinema, which is the building that holds the Sala Grande, where JFAD was projected. It was our first time at this festival and we were advised to go in and see Gaga on the inner part of the red carpet. At around 6:45 pm we suddenly heard people screaming and chanting from outside, so at that point it was pretty clear she had arrived. Todd and Joaquin were also there and I loved to see she came with Michael. They’re just so cute together, I love them.

So we waited and waited and after about 15 minutes, she finally entered the building. OMG there’s always something about her that’s just so magnetic! It always feels like a goddess just entered the room. She looked so beautiful and happy. The outfit screamed JFAD era/PRE-LG7 era from every angle. It was my mum’s first time seeing her and she couldn’t believe it, she was so excited and she cound’t stop screaming “Gaga”. She also said Gaga’s skin looks like porcelain and that she’s incredibly beautiful.

At this point we could finally take a breath and relax a little, while entering this HUGE theater room. It holds 1000+ people and is stunning. A couple of minutes later, Gaga entered the balcony of the room, with the rest of the cast, the director, friends & family and probably some critics. And so again, applause, screams, chants. When people were calming down and the film was just about to start, a boy (I think) screamed “TI AMO Gaga” in a very Born This Way coded way and it was so funny, she laughed (and thanked), everybody laughed, but it was also so nice of him.

About the movie, what can I say? It was amazing. For the people who didn’t like it, I understand this is a different take on Arthur/Joker’s story, but in my opinion it’s a stunning and deserved sequel to the first movie. It’s an introspective journey and it covers some of Arthur’s childhood trauma to justify why he had to create an alter-ego within himself, who then led to the crimes. I wish it was a bit longer, it feels like it needs a little more time to evolve in some istances and in the love story with Lee, but I enjoyed it anyway. The story evolves around two main points: Arthur’s trial and meeting Harley. We still don’t know if Lee is part of his immagination of if she’s part of reality. Yes, there are parts where she’s alone or interacting with somebody else (not Arthur) but still, you keep wondering: “Is he imagining she’s doing this for him in some places or is she actually doing this?”. The musical parts were a little more reserved and intimate at the beginning. Like: ok, now they are casually whistling while they treat Arkham’s people like sh*t, now they are doing a singing lesson in another room, now he’s with Lee and she’s singing/whispering and it moves him into following her in the song. Then, the more the film evolves, the more the musical parts become more obvious. But it’s different from everything I’ve seen. Don’t expect your Mamma Mia style of musical. It’s nothing like that. Before I watched this movie I kept thinking how could you merge a very dark theme with a musical style film, but the result was incredible! Look, the musical parts are just too good. A couple of them were just so good that I wanted to raise my hands to clap, so that Todd, Gaga and Joaquin would see, but, you know, I didn’t want to be that person. The music, the colors, the style, the gloominess of it, everything was just phenomenal. And usually I don’t even like musicals! I don’t think Gaga had too little screen time, but yes, it surely wasn’t a lot and it definitely should have been much more, because she’s just too good of an actress. She’s SO good. I was emotionally moved by how good she is at acting. So yeah this is what I would say for now about the film. It was surreal knowing I was watching a film with the cast behind me. I think I looked behind me a couple of times to see Gaga and it was just so crazy to see her there and to be watching the same thing! To this moment I still can’t believe it! So surreal, wow.

So then at the end of the film, as you probably read, the standing ovation and the applause lasted for 11 minutes. And some people complain about it being too little😂 I mean Joaquin even left the room early and during the applause. So you know, it’s good that the applause went on even after he left the room.

We then left Palazzo del Cinema, we took our vaporetto back to Venezia and that’s pretty much it. Again, this night was just so fantastic and surreal. We felt part of something very big and important. I love cinema and sharing such an experience with my mum and Gaga filled me with so much joy. It was a long post but I hope you enjoyed it.

IMG-5534.jpg

Edited by ChromaticaBoy
  • YAAAS 2
  • Love 15

GaGaAst

Wow so happy for you. 

Guess it's time to rename as FADboy. Chromatica is over. 

Love it when you call me legs In the morning, buy me eggs
  • Thanks 1

Not The Real Gaga

Maybe u should have put a spoiler warning in the text...

ARTPOP
37 minutes ago, ChromaticaBoy said:

Then, the more the film evolves, the more the musical parts become more obvious. But it’s different from everything I’ve seen. Don’t expect your Mamma Mia style of musical. It’s nothing like that. Before I watched this movie I kept thinking how could you merge a very dark theme with a musical style film, but the result was incredible! Look, the musical parts are just too good.

Is it more like AHS: Asylum type of numbers?

COME ON GAYS!!

ChromaticaBoy
44 minutes ago, GaGaAst said:

Wow so happy for you. 

Guess it's time to rename as FADboy. Chromatica is over. 

Chromatica will never be over:traumatica:

Gaga herself said it:sis:

Ivy

I didn't read the movie part bc of the spoilers, but I'm so happy for you and your mom!! That's so exciting to experience this day! :heart:

• Love 1

ChromaticaBoy
29 minutes ago, Not The Real Gaga said:

Maybe u should have put a spoiler warning in the text...

There actually is a spoiler warning in capital letters in the first lines:cheeky:

• Like 1

ChromaticaBoy
23 minutes ago, ARTPOP said:

Is it more like AHS: Asylum type of numbers?

I’m sorry, havent’t watched that season:holdmyhand:

Edited by ChromaticaBoy

Not The Real Gaga
12 minutes ago, ChromaticaBoy said:

There actually is a spoiler warning in capital letters in the first lines:cheeky:

Yeah but right above the paragraph that contains them ;)

Your post is well-written and such a fun read that you kinda forget about it when you are there haha

Not that I personally mind, but others might

• Thanks 1

CyanDante

Thank you for sharing :kara: so happy that your mum and you had such an amazing time and got to see Gaga as well.

I was a bit worried about the screen time, but not any more . Couldn't be anymore excited to watch it as soon as it hits the theatres :firega:

I happened to like the first movie, sucker for musicals , and Gaga is Mother . So there wasn't any doubt whatsoever :kiss:

I will leave the worrying about reviews and box office and awards to other people. :cheeky:

I'm not very good with Social Mediaᵀᴹ
  • Love 1

misha4ever

What a nice post, I'm happy you and your mother enjoyed the movie and the travel.

Reddit is full of incels

Spoiler

crying because Gaga is the only one at the end

so in that regard, don't count on them to defend this movie lmao. I was never interested in the first one so I don't think I'll watch this one but I hope Gaga gets all the accolades!

english is not my native language >.<
  • Love 1

Nessun Dorma

Thanks for sharing! It was nice to know about your experience and I’m happy for you, you were so close to Gaga in such a special moment in her life! And your mom seems to be the sweetest! 

find your freedom in the music
  • Love 1

ChromaticaBoy
22 minutes ago, Not The Real Gaga said:

Yeah but right above the paragraph that contains them ;)

Your post is well-written and such a fun read that you kinda forget about it when you are there haha

Not that I personally mind, but others might

Thank you so much for the advice and your kind words!