celeb

Shakira says she was publicly burned at the stake by Spanish treasury

Teletubby

Featured Posts

Teletubby

In a letter published by Spanish daily El Mundo, Shakira has accused the Spanish Treasury of 'publicly burning her at the stake' like a witch during the Inquisition in her fiercest attack yet since her tax fraud case. 

Waka Waka singer claims she was speaking out again now for the sake of her children: 'I want to leave my children the legacy of a woman who explained her reasons calmly and in her own time, when she considered it necessary, not when she was forced to do so.'

The Colombian singer confessed to six tax fraud crimes last November at a court in Barcelona in exchange for a suspended 3-year prison sentence and a €7.3 million fine on the first day of her scheduled trial.

In her letter she claims she was being 'persecuted' before striking her plea bargain deal and accused the Spanish judiciary system of a 'smear campaign' after admitting wrongdoing. The singer accused the Spanish Tax Agency of a sexist campaign of intimidation which ended with her being displayed as a 'hunting trophy.' The singer, also claimed: 'It may seem incomprehensible, but for me the Spanish decade was a financially lost decade, and not because I worked little as everyone knows. 

The prosecution case centred on a rebuttal of Shakira's assertion she was resident in the Bahamas between the start of 2012 and the end of 2014 and shouldn't have been considered a Spanish resident for tax purposes.

During these years, Shakira was frequently photographed in Spain at events, friends' parties, visits to beauty salons, going out to restaurants, walking with Pique and their son on the streets of Barcelona. In 2012, she bought property in Barcelona that served as a family home and in January 2013, she gave birth to her first son in Spain.
She was not on tour between 2012-2018 despite, claiming in her letter that she gave 120 concerts in 90 different cities.

Shakira registered as a full-time tax resident in Spain in 2015, after she gave birth to her second son in January 2015.
source source

i ❤️ @Julianlittlem
  • LMAO 1

bionic
1 hour ago, Teletubby said:

'I want to leave my children the legacy of a woman who explained her reasons calmly and in her own time, when she considered it necessary, not when she was forced to do so.'

:giveup: this is kinda camp. imagine saying this literally in the context of being criminal prosecuted lmaooo

buy bionic
  • LMAO 4

palma
6 minutes ago, bionic said:

:giveup: this is kinda camp. imagine saying this literally in the context of being criminal prosecuted lmaooo

It’s kinda giving Patrizia correcting the judge to address her as Signora Gucci :giveup:

Is there some reason my LG7 isn't here? Has she died or something?
  • Like 1
  • LMAO 3
  • YAAAS 1

bionic
2 hours ago, palma said:

It’s kinda giving Patrizia correcting the judge to address her as Signora Gucci :giveup:

literally the kind of thing a villainess in a soap opera says after revealing that she murdered her husband ago

her mind :giveup: i forgive you for the tax fraud shakira

Edited by bionic
buy bionic
  • YAAAS 2

JoanneMonster

Can she like… stop? we all pay taxes in spain, if she lived here, she should have paid, just like everyone else. I cant stand people defending her just for being shakira

I See You
  • Thanks 3

palma
1 hour ago, JoanneMonster said:

Can she like… stop? we all pay taxes in spain, if she lived here, she should have paid, just like everyone else. I cant stand people defending her just for being shakira

I don't even know why she made this whole thing such a huge deal 7.3M euros should be pocket change to her :poot:

• Thanks 1

bionic
54 minutes ago, palma said:

I don't even know why she made this whole thing such a huge deal 7.3M euros should be pocket change to her :poot:

She fights on behalf of her fellow millionaires that also don't want to pay tax

buy bionic
  • LMAO 1

palma
1 minute ago, bionic said:

She fights on behalf of her fellow millionaires that also don't want to pay tax

maybe she should have chosen to not live in a social state and flown in and out of BCN from Monaco then :haroon: