question

Remove 1 song from each Gaga album

Real Panda

Featured Posts

Anderson123
2 hours ago, PartySick said:

Sour Candy (largely written by someone else, it's an inorganic collab, I'd believe that she and the girls from BP never even met which like...wtf 'cause she ditched her Cher collab 'cause they weren't in the studio together, also the song is just bad. Boring Katy Perry ass bassline over a two-dimensional beat that Bloodpop probably pulled out of some ten year old sample pack. Though truthfully, I'd happy remove Alice, Free Woman, Plastic Doll, Sour Candy, 1000 Doves, and Babylon from the album and leave Chromatica as a 10 track/24 minute EP with interludes included).

So sad that people see some songs as less because Gaga didn’t write them from scratch. Perfect Illusion and Come To Mama were also demos given to her and they work pretty well too. She rarely does this (that we know of) and it’s nice that it’s every once in a while. I’m a bit surprised you also don’t like Alice and Babylon which are highlights but I know you don’t like Chromatica that much. :ororomunroe::hug:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

PartySick
7 minutes ago, Anderson123 said:

So sad that people see some songs as less because Gaga didn’t write them from scratch. Perfect Illusion and Come To Mama were also demos given to her and they work pretty well too. She rarely does this (that we know of) and it’s nice that it’s every once in a while. I’m a bit surprised you also don’t like Alice and Babylon which are highlights but I know you don’t like Chromatica that much. :ororomunroe::hug:

Yeah but PI and CTM are at least good songs :gayhat:

I'm more annoyed (not really but can't think of a better word) that she ditched The Greatest Thing with Cher 'cause they weren't recording in the booth together. Like, that was her rule for collabs.

Then Sour Candy is absolutely a track where someone gave her the lyrics, Blackpink emailed their vocals, and Bloodpop cobbled together a lackluster production to make the song :neyde:

I swear I don't hate any of her music but compared to the stuff I love best, Chromatica has so many misses and Sour Candy is the biggest one :air:

• Shook 1
  • Sad 1

Real Panda
7 hours ago, Controversiaga said:

Retro dance freak is a bonus/deluxe track, not an official standard tracklist album track , same w Grigio girls and black Jesus 

Yeah, bonus tracks are alllowed.

Real Panda
5 hours ago, Kelly Atlantic said:

Teeth, Dope, Grigio Girls, Plastic Doll?!!!!!

WHAT ARE YALL ON:traumatica:

Thats my opinion😭

You chose Do What U Want and Sine From Above :trollga: 

Real Panda
3 hours ago, Luffy said:

Poker Face

Bad Romance

Born This Way

Applause

Million Reasons

Rain On Me

:bradley:

Anderson123
21 minutes ago, PartySick said:

Yeah but PI and CTM are at least good songs :gayhat:

I'm more annoyed (not really but can't think of a better word) that she ditched The Greatest Thing with Cher 'cause they weren't recording in the booth together. Like, that was her rule for collabs.

Then Sour Candy is absolutely a track where someone gave her the lyrics, Blackpink emailed their vocals, and Bloodpop cobbled together a lackluster production to make the song :neyde:

I swear I don't hate any of her music but compared to the stuff I love best, Chromatica has so many misses and Sour Candy is the biggest one :air:

Fair enough but we know Gaga changes her mind all the time. She went from “Born This Way has a Special Edition, I hate the word Deluxe” to Joanne (Deluxe) in just a couple of years. 

As for the collabs, we don’t really know what goes on in the studio. Do we know if Beyoncé was there to work on Telephone or did they just send her vocals, etc? She’s quite a special person when it comes to collabs and honestly Bloodpop just took the wheel on making Chromatica. It does feel like Gaga took a step back from getting involved in the production and let him do his thing. 

Then we have ARTPOP. She picked MJH and Donatella instrumentals and wrote lyrics over them, bought Aura and Infected Mushroom didn’t want their names in there, etc. this is just from stuff we know about. Imagine if we knew how every song was made lol. And honestly that doesn’t make her a lazy artist or a song less important. It’s quite the process to make music and an album. 

• Shook 1

Anderson123

@PartySickNot sure if I remember you saying you like Sine From Above but that was also an old Elton demo Axwell brought to Gaga and they made it a feature. Elton didn’t even attend studio sessions, he just heard the song finished when the album was out. :emma: Like a lot of these details are interesting to know about and I’m not dragging Sine, I do love it but like I said Gaga does have her process and has probably changed the way she makes music and is more relaxed about it. 

dimosi
8 hours ago, Real Panda said:

If you could remove 1 song from each Gaga solo album, what would they be?

Interludes, Remixes, Work Tapes, Demo Versions are not allowed

1 each from The Fame, The Fame Monster, Born This Way, ARTPOP, Joanne, Chromatica

I'll start:

Retro Dance Freak

Teeth

Black Jesus Amen Fashion

Dope

Grigio Girls

Plastic Doll

Almost same but Americano or MTN really? :what: I would say Fashion of His Love :oops:

• Like 1

princedeeblebleble

Starstruck

(Nothing as every song is perfection*

Fashion of his love

J&D

Sinners prayer

Stupid love

• Like 1

Blackout19

Brown Eyes
Bad Romance (sorry not sorry :ohwell:)
Americano
Dope
Angel Down
Sine From Above

Marilyn Monroe is my best friend.

PartySick
3 hours ago, Anderson123 said:

@PartySickNot sure if I remember you saying you like Sine From Above but that was also an old Elton demo Axwell brought to Gaga and they made it a feature. Elton didn’t even attend studio sessions, he just heard the song finished when the album was out. :emma: Like a lot of these details are interesting to know about and I’m not dragging Sine, I do love it but like I said Gaga does have her process and has probably changed the way she makes music and is more relaxed about it. 

Again, Sine ended up being a good song so it's forgivable :emma: it's actually the best song on Chromatica imo. I don't really have a problem with recycling the previously made material for ARTPOP either, it's no different than producing it for the album imo.

I'm not super bothered about anything (not enough to keep complaining/debating about it here :cheeky:) I just never cared for Sour Candy to begin with, its redemption arc is likely never happening, and it's the biggest blight on an album that I perceive as Gaga's worst.