music news

Sabrina Carpenter became the first female to occupy entire top 3 on UK Singles Chart

Teletubby

Featured Posts

Teletubby

sab.jpg

Sabrina Carpenter scores her first Official Chart Double; earning both her first UK Number 1 album with Short n’ Sweet and third Number 1 single with Taste.  

In doing so, Sabrina becomes the first female artist (and only third overall) to score both the UK’s Number 1 album and single simultaneously, while also holding the Top 3 positions on the Official Singles Chart. The only other artists to manage this were Ed Sheeran (26 at the time) and Harry Styles (28 at the time), although at 25 years old, Sabrina pips them by becoming the youngest to achieve this special kind of Official Chart domination. 
Justin Bieber was the first artist to hold the Top 3 singles simultaneously back in 2016 (aged 21), but didn’t hold the Number 1 album. 

On the Official Albums Chart, Short n’ Sweet debuts at Number 1 with an astounding 89,000 chart units in total, the second-biggest first week sales for any album this year.

Short n’ Sweet is Sabrina’s sixth album overall, but her first to enter the upper echelons of the Official Albums Chart. Her previous LP, 2022’s emails I can’t send, peaked at Number 41.  

UK Album Chart
1. Sabrina Carpenter - Short n' Sweet — 89,658 [31,972 CDs, 20,590 vinyl, 5,937 cassettes, 1,054 downloads, 30,105 streaming]
2. Fontaines D.C. - Romance — 43,034  [10,834 CDs, 20,788 vinyl, 1,160 cassettes, 3,501 downloads, 6,751 streaming]
3. Oasis - Time Flies: 1994-2009 — 17,558
4. Oasis - (What's the Story) Morning Glory? — 11,531
5. Oasis - Definitely Maybe  — 10,310
https://www.officialcharts.com/chart-news/sabrina-carpenter-official-chart-double-short-n-sweet-taste-oasis/

Edited by Teletubby
My red fur tastes like Coca~Cola My eyes are wide like 🍒 pies I gots a taste for men who are married
  • Like 1
  • LMAO 1
  • YAAAS 3

River

she paid for that :giveup:

I'm working late, cause I'm a puta
  • Like 1
  • LMAO 4

Economy
1 minute ago, Leoj305 said:

Streaming is so powerful nowadays! 

Definitely

But tbh i find it more accurate than sales ever was at tracking anyway.

If you bought a single all the chart points u gave a single as an individual got condensed into the single week you purchased the track. Then there was no way to know or track how often you were listening to it, and for how long

Whether u got bored of the song after 2 weeks or were still bopping to it 3 months later, sales couldnt track that

Streaming can. So despite criticism, I find it superior to tracking vs sales.

And i dint buy the argument that streams are weaker because you dont have to love a track to stream it. If you dont like a song that much, you are probably not gonna stream it more than a couple times anyway

• Like 1

Teletubby
2 minutes ago, bionic said:

She brought pop music back to the UK :vegas: 

dua-lipa-fearythings.gif

My red fur tastes like Coca~Cola My eyes are wide like 🍒 pies I gots a taste for men who are married
  • Thanks 2

Rahrahbitchson

She slay this and if she bought it, what? She has the money, dont listen to the haters Sabrina

Quizás bastaba respirar, sólo respirar, muy lento...💙
  • Like 1
  • LMAO 1

bionic
1 minute ago, Rahrahbitchson said:

She slay this and if she bought it, what? She has the money, dont listen to the haters Sabrina

Yep! The same opportunities are available to anyone willing to put the money into it!  Haters are just poor and jealous :vegas: 

buy bionic
  • Thanks 1

Flippy

Iconic tbh :tony:

Good for her! :sara:

TMBT 3.22.11 // TBTWB 1.17.13 // ArtRAVE 6.3.14 // C2CT 5.28.15 // TJWT 8.13.17 // Chromatica World Tour 9.8.22

Lucas

Considering the amount of payola her label is doing, no surprise :laughga: her songs are automatically included in my kpop, french & urban daily mix Spotify playlists even though her songs don't fit any of these categories and I never listened to her voluntarly

Edited by Lucas

Teletubby
49 minutes ago, bionic said:

The same opportunities are available to anyone willing to put the money into it!  Haters are just poor and jealous :vegas: 

is this a quote from @River?

• LMAO 1

TheOriginalOne
1 hour ago, bionic said:

Yep! The same opportunities are available to anyone willing to put the money into it!  Haters are just poor and jealous :vegas: 

So is Katy broke then? :bradley: