• ARTPOP
    • Chromatica

Featured Posts

Smother Em Eh

Love both but it’s Chromatica for me :legend:

Get Applause & G.U.Y to 1B views!
  • YAAAS 1

Agunimon

I have an indecisive opinion on ARTPOP as a whole on where I rank it and my overall opinion of it, but at the end of the day I have two immediate skips (Donatella, Mary Jane Holland) that have mostly been that way since it dropped, though I do like the production and some of the delivery in lyrics on MJH. Chromatica has only one (Sour Candy) for me. So I vote for Chromatica.

Edited by Agunimon

SevenWonder

Ugh. I love half of ARTPOP more than all of Chromatica. But I love all of Chromatica more than the other half of ARTPOP.

I pick BTW. 

• Like 4
  • LMAO 4
  • Thanks 1

Werewolves Wanted

ARTPOP for sure!! I love how raw she feels on that album. Chromatica feels like it’s an album about processing pain. ARTPOP feels like “blood on the canvas” sort of vibes to me. It resonates a lot. 

• YAAAS 1

TheOriginalOne

It would have been ARTPOP if it hadn’t been watered down so much before release. It’s why I avoided listening to any Chromatica demos! So with what was officially released, I vote Chromatica. ARTPOP is still great tho.

Delulu Rogers
13 minutes ago, Agunimon said:

I have an indecisive opinion on ARTPOP as a whole on where I rank it and my overall opinion of it, but at the end of the day I have two immediate skips (Donatella, Mary Jane Holland) that have mostly been that way since it dropped, though I do like the production and some of the delivery in lyrics on MJH. Chromatica has only one (Sour Candy) for me. So I vote for Chromatica.

You listen to J&Ds? Shocked

Delulu Rogers

ARTPOP has higher highs and lower lows but still takes the cake for me 

• Like 3

Anderson123

Chromatica but ARTPOP does have it's moments.

I love Alice, Rain On Me, 911, Sour Candy, Enigma, Replay and Babylon BUT ARTPOP as an album feels more like Gaga herself 300% involved in what the songs sound like.

As much as I prefer Chromatica as an album, no song there comes even close to Do What U Want. Chromatica from start to finish sounds like it follows a formula (a very good one) but still feels a bit tamed for Gaga. Still better than Joanne though.

Edited by Anderson123
  • Like 1

princedeeblebleble

I love both, but ARTPOP has that punch that I feel a lot of Chromatica songs lack. For example on my personal playlist of AP I have the demo Aura, solo DWYW and Brooklyn instead of J&D, all essentially Gaga originals.. meanwhile on Chromatica I have fan versions of ROM, Free woman, Plastic doll, Stupid love (all thanks to the youtube channel HausofAfrodita) and Love me right cause the originals felt so watered down for Gaga tracks. But on the other hand I will say both albums healed me in the respsctive times of release.

• Love 1

Jigglygoth

ARTPOP has more songs that I enjoy, whereas Chromatica only has 2 ("Plastic Doll" and "Rain On Me"), so ARTPOP :iamfair:lady gaga applause GIF

HEART OF EVER-FROST

Agunimon
8 minutes ago, Delulu Rogers said:

You listen to J&Ds? Shocked

yes I actually really like that song lmao

• Like 1

Cameltoe Chariot

Chromatica is a measured and meticulous exploration of Gaga's mental health crises, full of hard truths and confessions.

ARTPOP is a chaotic cry for help with high highs and some of her lowest lows, full of metaphors and avoidance of saying anything with her chest.

Compare Swine to Replay. Both talk about her SA experiences and the man who hurt her, but from very different approaches.

They're sister albums as far as I'm concerned, and are both anchors in her incredible career. I prefer the honesty of Chromatica, but the chaos of ARTPOP was a necessary step in her artistic expression and I'll always love it for that.

• Like 1
  • Love 1