💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Beyoncé has threatened a cease-and-desist over Trump campaign’s ‘Freedom’ Video

Teletubby

Featured Posts

doja scat

lol not his campaign team pulling the same tactics from kamala’s team hoping for a similar moment…ijbol 

don’t get stabbed with the (b)rat tooth
  • Like 1

Bronco
1 hour ago, NATAH said:

wait really?! why?! i thought she would have shut that DOWN asap!!

It's probably complicated with it being AI - I know someone in another thread or maybe on twitter referenced some state laws about unlawful AI usage, but the offence wasn't committed in those states so state level law would be hard to enforce. 

Plus Streisand effect. Everyone with a brain recognised it as fake, all the headlines were "this is fake". The only people trying to make any ground out of it are the anti-Taylor types (in this thread lol). Not even seeing the pics circulated anymore by the MAGA crowd - likely because it didn't get the traction they wanted. 

Honestly, its a shame given her platform but I think Taylor will be quiet this election cycle as it's ongoing while she's touring - and on that tour she's had to cancel 3 shows due terrorism and little kids have got murdered for being fans of her. Like look what happened to the Dixie Chicks tour after they criticised Bush, that'd look like child's play compared to MAGA vs the Eras tour.

• Shook 1

skaxboy

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2024/07/22/entertainment/beyonce-freedom-harris-campaign

“Beyoncé gives Kamala Harris permission to use her song ‘Freedom’ for her presidential campaign” from July 22nd.

I’m sure they got the okay to use it for other things. I always have to laugh whenever Trump uses a song and the artist comes out and denounces him using it.

My favorite being Dee Snider calling him out for using Twisted Sisters “We’re Not Gonna Take It.” Funny enough, Twisted Sister had a pretty androgynous glam rock look in the 80’s:

91nT1ButtiL._UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

I also remember Paul Ryan a few years back saying he liked to listen to Rage Against The Machine. Tom Morello then said “Paul Ryan Is the Embodiment of the Machine Our Music Rages Against.”

List of a few artists who told him not to use their music:

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-lists/all-the-artists-who-dont-want-donald-trump-using-their-music-1235080043/

https://www.businessinsider.com/artists-who-dont-want-trump-using-their-music-2018-11#the-rolling-stones-have-sent-out-multiple-statements-against-trumps-use-of-their-music-11

Reject False Icons

Omg it was fun to read about B but Taylor’s silence is intriguing I wanna know all the tea :max: 

Also I don’t think she could get cancelled like the Dixie chicks the times are much more different than 2003 

Edited by Reject False Icons

Plastic Flower
17 minutes ago, Reject False Icons said:

Omg it was fun to read about B but Taylor’s silence is intriguing I wanna know all the tea :max: 

Also I don’t think she could get cancelled like the Dixie chicks the times are much more different than 2003 

It's not about her getting cancelled tho it's about safety at this point. As much as we want her to speak up, she can't just ignore how dangerous it could be for her audience.

Drop it
  • Like 1

Decodekid

Next time they should try using ENERGY. Voting out 45 don’t get out of line :iamfair:

Long Live Gretchen

IllusionLover
2 hours ago, Cameltoe Chariot said:

I want to hold back because she's been doing a lot of her "responses" to things like the mass stabbing in the UK behind closed doors that we then find out about later... but I will say it is pretty damning that she hasn't sad ANYTHING about Trump yet.

I think she's always been a Republican for financial reasons, but couldn't get behind the MAGA rhetoric in the past... but now that she's hanging off of Travis Kelce and has hit billionaire status I'm wondering if she's silent for other reasons lol

Time to remind you that the YNTCD music video was literally to get people to sign the equality act that Trump was against.

13 | this is my dancefloor i fought for, your voice is louder, it echoes

Mister G

My response to people criticizing Taylor for her silence...look I normally don't f*** with her and her music. But that's a reach and proof is in the pudding; Rhode Island got permission to use Shake It Off when their delegates cast their votes for Kamala to be the nominee so I'm pretty sure it's safe to say we know which team she's on. As far as Bey goes, we already know that Trump is desperately trying to copy and emulate the hype of the Harris/Walz campaign. It's hilarious how many cease and desist letters he's getting because no one wants to deal with him. 

Cameltoe Chariot
24 minutes ago, IllusionLover said:

Time to remind you that the YNTCD music video was literally to get people to sign the equality act that Trump was against.

Time to remind you that I am well aware of Taylor's support of the LGBTQ+ community and he previous denouncement of Trump - I was talking about the present and this current election :awkney:

TEETHTEETH
2 hours ago, myluis617 said:

She has already spoken out against trump in the past. Her true fans know how she feels about Donald Trump. Her past statements could prove of it being fake. She could be also hunting down whoever made the video and plans on suing them.

That was before she was included in his tax breaks for billionaires 

• Thanks 1

FATCAT
3 hours ago, Controversiaga said:

The fact Kamala has been using Beyoncé music without any backlash from Beyoncé is a slay and safe way for us to assume Beyoncé is pro Kamala and anti trump xoxox 

She got permission :vegas:

Purr more, hiss less.

TEANUS
3 hours ago, Cameltoe Chariot said:

I want to hold back because she's been doing a lot of her "responses" to things like the mass stabbing in the UK behind closed doors that we then find out about later... but I will say it is pretty damning that she hasn't sad ANYTHING about Trump yet.

I think she's always been a Republican for financial reasons, but couldn't get behind the MAGA rhetoric in the past... but now that she's hanging off of Travis Kelce and has hit billionaire status I'm wondering if she's silent for other reasons lol

This. I also don’t quite understand how one goes on the biggest and one of the most impactful tours ever in the US and fails to even think about making a small statement for reproductive rights, LGBTQ+, and other issues while in some of the most small-minded areas in the country. Just her saying she supports something would make at least someone think differently or try to at least and that makes a huge difference. But then again I guess you don’t have to feel the responsibility to try to make a positive impact for the people who fund your career/lifestyle

Edited by TEANUS
British social ladies with upturned pinkies, glasses clinking // xoxoTEANUS
  • Thanks 1