OUT NOW!
Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
interview

Gaga: " I was finishing up my own album in Malibu..."

monketsharona

Featured Posts

Reality

https://variety.com/2024/music/news/lady-Gaga-bruno-mars-die-with-a-smile-video-1236108658/

After a week full of teases the wait is over: Lady Gaga and Bruno Mars’ duet, “Die With a Smile,” dropped on Thursday night and it’s as big a song as one would expect from this mega-tag-team.

While the look for the video is ‘70s country, the song itself is a soulful ballad in the mold of Mars’ Soul Sonic project of 2021 — soaring vocals, a big chorus, gently strummed guitars and a sky-scraping climax on the final chorus. He takes the first verse and Gaga the second, and from there the two play off of each others’ powerful vocals.

The video, however, is styled more like a ’70s Nashville television appearance, with all of the players in matching light blue suits with red shirts — Gaga’s hair is stacked into a Dolly Parton-style pile while Mars sports a white cowboy hat and strums a beautiful vintage hollow-body electric guitar. She delivers the last verse with a cigarette clenched in her teeth and the clips concludes with the pair inside an animated heart.

Indeed, according to the press release, the song started with Mars. Gaga said, “Bruno and I have a lot of mutual respect for each other and were talking about collaborating. I was finishing up my own album in Malibu and one night after a long day he asked me to come to his studio to hear something he was working on. It was around midnight when I got there and I was blown away when I heard what he had started making. We stayed up all night and finished writing and recording the song. Bruno’s talent is beyond explanation. His musicianship and vision is next level. There’s no one like him.”

Mars added, “Getting to work with Gaga has been an honor. She’s an icon and she makes this song magical. I’m so excited for everyone to hear it.”

The song was co-produced by the artists with 2021 Grammy-winning producer of the year Andrew Watt (Post Malone, Elton John, Miley Cyrus, Justin Bieber, the latest Rolling Stones album) and D’Mile (who also co-produced and co-wrote most of the Silk Sonic album, as well as H.E.R.’s “I Can’t Breathe”); Watt also played lead guitar and D’Mile played bass and drums. Gaga, Mars, D’Mile and Watt wrote the song with James Fauntleroy (Mars, Rihanna, Frank Ocean, Beyonce, SZA, Kendrick Lamar and many others).

Gaga, of course, is starring in the upcoming comic book musical “Joker: Folie À Deux,” which features singing but is “unlike anything I’ve ever done before,” she said recently in an interview with Empire. The Grammy and Oscar winner stars opposite Joaquin Phoenix in the movie as Lee, a reimagining of Harley Quinn.

The new song with Mars seems to be completely unrelated to the film, although its title is certainly on-theme for the Joker.

🃏🖤👹
  • Like 4
  • YAAAS 13
  • Love 4
  • Thanks 1

ssslyboy

So it's Bruno's fault LG7's not complete.  He distracted her from finishing it.  :ohwell:

• LMAO 32

RenegAde

Makes sense why he has more line distribution than Gaga on the track. Its essentially his song. But I guess Gaga stepped in and they completed the masterpiece.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Psyduck

the real question is when was this? last month? last April? last February? last Year?

keep on looking for Psyduck

Ladle Ghoulash
2 minutes ago, PartySick said:

Well release it then :grr:

Living for you being on the right side of history here 

Anderson123

I love how we rarely get songs with “feat. Lady Gaga” because we think she rejects so many collabs but these usually go like this. Bruno called her, went to his studio and ended up finishing the song. The Rolling Stones were also recording music and she just happened to pass by and did harmonies and they told her to record with them. Etc. I just think it’s so fun how she picks these or they end up happening. And it’s usually with legend acts so that’s even better. 

• Like 20
  • YAAAS 1
  • Love 4

Ladle Ghoulash
1 minute ago, RenegAde said:

Makes sense why he has more line distribution than Gaga on the track. It’s essentially his song. But I guess Gaga stepped in and they completed the cute bop

Fixedt

• LMAO 1

southpaw773

“I was finishing my own album in Malibu….”

Finishing.

past tense. 

• YAAAS 8
  • Thanks 1

monketsharona
4 minutes ago, ssslyboy said:

So it's Bruno's fault LG7's not complete.  He distracted her from finishing it.  :ohwell:

It's finished, but who the **** know how much time she will keep it innher vault.

I guess she wants DWAS and Joker to have their time

• Like 2

southpaw773
Just now, Anderson123 said:

I love how we rarely get songs with “feat. Lady Gaga” because we think she rejects so many collabs but these usually go like this. Bruno called her, went to his studio and ended up finishing the song. The Rolling Stones were also recording music and she just happened to pass by and did harmonies and they told her to record with them. Etc. I just think it’s so fun how she picks these or they end up happening. And it’s usually with legend acts so that’s even better. 

I wanted a Metallica Gaga song or album too lol 

• Like 2

Reality
1 minute ago, southpaw773 said:

“I was finishing my own album in Malibu….”

Finishing.

past tense. 

Well actually that's the present participle :trollga:

🃏🖤👹
  • Like 4
  • LMAO 10
  • YAAAS 1
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

PartySick
2 minutes ago, Ladle Ghoulash said:

Living for you being on the right side of history here 

The sooner she drops the pop masterpiece that is LG7, the sooner she can move on to the rock masterpiece that is LG8 :grr:

• YAAAS 2