'DWAS' MUSIC VIDEO OUT NOW
Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

Die With A Smile - Song and Video OUT NOW

LastNight

Featured Posts

Bronco

It doesn't hurt LG7 in anyway. The hype for LG7 atm is exclusively an online thing among hyper focused fans. Its barely started being talked about in the mainstream entertainment media.

If anything, this helps LG7 as now a bunch of straight people are going to be back on the Monster bus just in time for JFAD and LG7 to mollywhop em

• Like 7
  • YAAAS 1

Real Panda

Many artists release standalone songs, they dont belong on any album and its okay. Especially since its been over 3 years since we had new Gaga music.

I believe this song is an "inoffensive" choice in terms of public reception and it will not affect The Joker 2 rollout. It also feels in the vein of Joker 2 songs being a Jukebox musical (musical with cover songs and not new music).

I dont think Gaga wants to overlap The Joker 2 era and LG7 era so she instead released this song as it fits the movie aesthetic. Thats just my thoughts.

• Like 4

Cello
2 minutes ago, dollardays said:

Maybe the whole imagery from dwas to joker to lg7 is all planned out to be a gradual and organic evolution

oh this would be genius. the 60s/70s glam love ballad, into Harley's dark and psychotic 70s flair, ending with LG7 darkGa industrial :firega:

do i need to understand a pineapple to eat a banana
  • Like 2

Cello
16 minutes ago, RenegAde said:

That's my favourite part. Literally feels like an 80s movie.

her charisma is just insane, she can amp up anything :giveup:

do i need to understand a pineapple to eat a banana
  • Love 2

faysalaaa

It just means that LG7 is going to take a long time, and we will enter a long era of the Joker, so she wanted to atleast release a single.

NewUsername

My two cents: I like the song a lot after 2 listenings. I don’t LOVE it yet, but the chorus is a big earworm!

The instrumental bridge is AMAZING, arguably the best part.

The MV is beautiful, it’s a great example of how to do simple in an effective way.

• Like 2

RodeckDanny

WE HAVE WON MONSTERS 
THIS IS A NEW CLASSIC - grammys, weddings, movie soundtracks, you say the word

Listen to my debut pop single 'Want You Bad'! (link on Insta)
  • YAAAS 5

FreedomInTheMusic

Very happy about this one! Probably my favorite ballad she’s released since ASIB. It feels very timeless to me, and call me delusional, but I think this could end up being a medium-sized hit for them both!

• Like 2

RodeckDanny

The song is really well written. Harmony wise it's quite fresh and non generic, a bit jazzy actually. Most chords have a seventh.
The melody of the chorus ending lands at the Major 7th of the chord (in "to you") which is beautiful, very jazzy - less resolutive and more capticating.
Each section has its own chord progression that goes very well with each part's emotion. 

Only in the final chorus, they replace the C#m7 for a C#7 (dominant) chord making it extra epic. The vocal harmonies are also all so beautiful!

Just in case one of you jumps and says it's a basic ballad well it's not :huntyga:

Edited by RodeckDanny
  • Like 11
  • Love 1

MOT

This video is Joker-related, and everyrhing is gonna be Joker for a while. LG7 in April maybe.

RodeckDanny

I did think it was gonna be for Joker, maybe it'll appear who knows!

RenegAde

I wish someone could do a vocal analysis, I wanna know all the hidden vocals , line distribution. Whose singing lead and background where and when.

• Economy changed the title to Die With A Smile Might Be Grower For GP... Innitial Bad Reaction