Which song?  

81 members have voted

1. 1. Title.

• Bad Romance
    • Marry The Night

Featured Posts

A Very Gaga Holida
10 minutes ago, Gorehound said:

Ye a lot of people on here judge a song purely on their own personal taste rather than looking at the bigger picture.

I only looked at the bigger picture to say MTN was betterĀ :holdmyhand:Ā Just because BR made it big doesnā€™t mean anything in the context. You think you just fell out of a coconut tree?

• LMAO 2

Bowman
1 hour ago, palma said:

MTN deserved the world.

Also this is probably my top choreographed performance of hers along with Paparazzi VMAs.

Ā 

I was there for this, I was like 15 at the timeĀ :franminervini:

we queued outside all day along with Jessie J fans, i remember speaking to a girl for ages telling her why Gaga is better than Jessie J LOOOL

š•Æš•µ, š–‹š–—š–Šš–Š š–’š–ž š–’š–Žš–“š–‰
  • YAAAS 1
  • Love 2

Juanlittlem
33 minutes ago, plane jane said:

itā€™s okay to prefer MTN over BR, but to say that MTN is objectively a better songā€¦? I have to laugh.

BR is timeless, it could be released today and not a single soul would clock that it was recorded in 2009.

like, listen to this and tell me thatā€™s not the greatest pop song of our generation:

Ā 

It aint :flower:

Locked in a basement again?! / I ā¤ļø Teletubby.
  • LMAO 4

Gorehound
23 minutes ago, A Very Gaga Holida said:

You canā€™t look me in the eye and pretend Bad Romance has better lyricsĀ :ladyhaha:Ā I couldā€™ve written it at 12 and Iā€™m French ā˜ ļø not saying theyā€™re bad, but theyā€™re all just extremely simple, thereā€™s only the cute little Hitchcock metaphor. Marry The Night reads like a poem, perfect for smart soulsĀ :queenga:

Yes. The MTN lyrics are very cute and empowering. But good lyrics donā€™t always depend on how pretty and poetic they are. What matters is how emotionally impactful they are and how well they convey the feel of the song. MTN is Gagaā€™s little love letter to NYC nightlife, as well as being about self-empowerment. Thatā€™s great and you do really feel that energy, but it does feel a little wispy, vague and cliche times. Plus MTN kinda overuses disconnected and sometimes confusing metaphors in its lyrics i.e. the bridge. Sometimes less is more.

Bad Romance is just pure, bombastic romantic obsession and desire. Itā€™s dark, visceral, sexual, and brutally honest. The lyrics are simpler than MTN, but they are so much more impactful, original and striking imo. Gaga uses really provocative words such as ā€œuglyā€, ā€œdiseaseā€, ā€œI want your revenge / all your loverā€™s revengeā€ to really hone in that message. It just works. And yes, the Hitchcock wordplay is genius.Ā 

I'm fine, Ta
  • YAAAS 1

Juanlittlem

Make the votes public so I know who to block :flower:

• LMAO 1

lastpopicon

Since we are posting performances.. This is prob my fav bad romance renditionĀ :giveup:

The melody that you choose can rescue you
  • YAAAS 3

Gorehound
1 hour ago, A Very Gaga Holida said:

Marry The Night has a much better production

Iā€™m sorry but the production of MTN is kinda mediocre and skeletal. The chord progressions are pretty, but the beat is bland, thereā€™s an overuse of side-chain throughout, not much bass and unnecessary vocal distortion in the chorus. The ā€œM-m-m-marryā€ hooks feel washed out, and the high notes at the end are wayyy too compressed. Musically the song is just a little meek and demo-like for Gagaā€™s standards. Tho the disco-infused outro slaps and helps improve the overall song.

In comparison BR sounds absolutely gigantic! A fat, slamming beat (tastefully sampling DJ Deanā€™s Ballanationā€ might I add), intricate gooey bass layers, pulsating textures that feel like ice melting, and absolutely soaring red-hot synths in the choruses! Plus it has TWO bridges. And the buildup to, and release of, the final chorus could collapse temples. Gaga also showcases so many different tones and techniques in her voice, not to mention the genius and infectious hook of ā€œRa-ra-ā€œ. Itā€™s just masterfully crafted, fashionable and original.Ā 

I'm fine, Ta
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Gorehound
44 minutes ago, A Very Gaga Holida said:

I only looked at the bigger picture to say MTN was betterĀ :holdmyhand:Ā Just because BR made it big doesnā€™t mean anything in the context. You think you just fell out of a coconut tree?

I think one too many of those coconuts might have landed on your head hunĀ :stalkga:

I'm not judging BR on how successful it is. I never judge music because of that. Even if it was completely unknown to the GP I'd still say it's one of the greatest and coolest pop songs ever made.

Edited by Gorehound
I'm fine, Ta
  • YAAAS 1

Jarvin

Marry the Night is one of my favorite songs! But Bad Romance is one of the best songs of all timeā€¦ it has the hook.. the chorusā€¦ the edginess.. the choreoā€¦ no it is THAT song.Ā 

• Like 1

Flippy
46 minutes ago, Juanlittlem said:

It aint :flower:

Covid affected you badly, itā€™s ok :cheeky:

TMBT 3.22.11 // TBTWB 1.17.13 // ArtRAVE 6.3.14 // C2CT 5.28.15 // TJWT 8.13.17 // Chromatica World Tour 9.8.22

Juanlittlem
3 minutes ago, Flippy said:

Covid affected you badly, itā€™s ok :cheeky:

Sorry, your message did not go through 'cause this user has blocked you.

Aglaya
2 hours ago, GAGASEXUAL said:

Bad Romance already sounds too dated.Ā 

Me when I lie

could mean anything

Blackout19
2 hours ago, littlepotter said:

How can I convince straight people that bad romance is the best song ever

Excuse Me Wow GIF by Mashable

Marilyn Monroe is my best friend.

Flippy
15 minutes ago, Juanlittlem said:

Sorry, your message did not go through 'cause this user has blocked you.

Sarcastic Oh No GIF by CBC

TMBT 3.22.11 // TBTWB 1.17.13 // ArtRAVE 6.3.14 // C2CT 5.28.15 // TJWT 8.13.17 // Chromatica World Tour 9.8.22
  • Sad 1