💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

Gaga: singing in JFAD "unlike anything I’ve ever done before"

LastNight

Featured Posts

LastNight

“People know me by my stage name, Lady Gaga, right? That’s me as that performer, but that is not what this movie is; I’m playing a character. So I worked a lot on the way that I sang to come from Lee, and to not come from me as a performer."

"How do you take music and have it just be an extension of the dialogue, as opposed to breaking into song for no conceivable reason?” she asks. “It was unlike anything I’ve ever done before.”

As a result, you’re about to hear a very different side to the Lady Gaga you know. “For me, there’s plenty of bum notes, actually, from Lee,” she laughs of her singing in the film. “I’m a trained singer, right? So even my breathing was different when I sang as Lee. When I breathe to sing on stage, I have this very controlled way to make sure that I’m on pitch and it’s sustained at the right rhythm and amount of time, but Lee would never know how to do any of that. So it’s like removing the technicality of the whole thing, removing my perceived art-form from it all and completely being inside of who she is.”

Empire article here.

Edited by LastNight
  • Like 10
  • YAAAS 25
  • Love 20
  • Shook 5
  • Thanks 1

Red

I wonder if that reflected on LG7 :partysick:

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.
  • Like 1
  • LMAO 11
  • YAAAS 1
  • Shook 1

HelloHangoverz

OMG! I think this is her first Joker promo appearance right?

If you suck d!ck like me you not buckin on me neither and that’s just that!
  • YAAAS 4

gemein3

Enter the people who will complain now that she’s not singing Poker Face in the movie. 

Sounds so exciting!

• Like 1
  • LMAO 3

Head Empty

I can't wait for her to talk about all the other artists she studied in order to learn singing without any talent or technique :partysick:

• LMAO 41
  • Thanks 1

HelloHangoverz

"How do you take music and have it just be an extension of the dialogue, as opposed to breaking into song for no conceivable reason?" oh my ****ing god I am in love already

If you suck d!ck like me you not buckin on me neither and that’s just that!
  • YAAAS 4

DopeEnigma

There can be 99 Harley Quinn’s in a room… 

Edited by DopeEnigma
  • LMAO 1

DrKindnessKunt1999

It's fascinating to see how Lady Gaga can create distinct vocal identities for each character she portrays in films. She did it with Ally she's doing it with Lee, and in the future, she'll continue to develop unique voices for her roles.

In the future he’s going to have an extensive discography of albums created by different characters. 

• YAAAS 11

Chlorine

If the musical numbers are a fantasy and not diegetic then you don’t need to worry about the “logic” of breaking out into song. So is this more of a traditional musical than we realized? :max:

• Like 5

LastNight

I see it being a mix. Any non-fantasy singing (like Get Happy at the end of the trailer) will probably be the messier vocals that flow with the dialogue and fit with the scene. It looks like there’s some kind of choir practice or music therapy at the asylum, so it will probably make sense in context. And then when they’re in fantasies they’re both completely transformed; it’s a proper performance with them singing well.

Sort of how when they’re waltzing through the street in real life it’s a bit haphazard, but when we see them waltz in the fantasy sequence it’s very poised and elegant.

Edited by LastNight
  • Like 5
  • YAAAS 1

Edonis
5 minutes ago, Chlorine said:

If the musical numbers are a fantasy and not diegetic then you don’t need to worry about the “logic” of breaking out into song. So is this more of a traditional musical than we realized? :max:

nnnn we will have to wait and see, but that's also what I'm kind of getting from this. 

Though, I do think there is at least some fantasy to it. Maybe Joker and Harley are taking music therapy and that's where the singing aspect comes into play.

• Like 1

Lextyr97

She can say that but her singing from the leaks on the stairs was one of the greatest things I’ve ever heard come out of her mouth. ****ing immaculate 

• Like 4