💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Katy Perry uploads "Modesty Edit" of Woman's World Music Video removing gay kiss

HelloHangoverz

Featured Posts

Juanlittlem
31 minutes ago, ManMan said:

sure:party: but how do i upload image :oops::bradley:

Go to postimages, upload your pic, then click share and copy direct link, then paste it here. It should embed :)

Locked in a basement again?! / I ❤️ Teletubby.

Scarlet Witch

she's debutting her reputation era by being messy and problematic she has a master of a mind 

RenegAde

I'm starting to question how much creative control katy actually has over anything, it's been bad decision after bad decision.

Feels like an out of touch straight man is behind this rollout and calling the shots.

Even if katy herself was so misguided, a good team would help her make better moves.

• Like 2

TraeumereiLPB

Just leaving this here for... reasons :pawsup:

It's hard to light a candle, easy to curse the dark instead.
  • YAAAS 1
  • Thanks 2

InTheCloset
13 hours ago, HelloHangoverz said:

Feminist trailblazer

:bradley:

Where's the spunk, Adam?
  • Like 1

Nessun Dorma
51 minutes ago, RenegAde said:

I'm starting to question how much creative control katy actually has over anything, it's been bad decision after bad decision.

Feels like an out of touch straight man is behind this rollout and calling the shots.

Even if katy herself was so misguided, a good team would help her make better moves.

I was thinking about it. Not taking away her responsibility for stupid decisions, but she seems to be around some pretty incompetent people. 

find your freedom in the music

Didymus

Why are we pretending this was her decision? :rip:

Literally every major label (and movie company) does this kind of **** to maximize exposure. It's sad but she has no say in it, just like Gaga had no say in those atrocious "modest" cover arts we all laughed at.

Obvi there's double standards here but that's not her fault. It's fun to hate on her flopping but this one is a reach.

• LMAO 1

Fck I luv Art

Celebrate being a woman unless if you're lesbian... :fail:

This is embarrassing...:fail:

Baguette, Croissant and LG7 !! 👽👹🖤

27monster27
12 hours ago, hieronymus said:

The cleavage and closeups of boobs are apparently still in it so it's not really comparable to those edits at all.

Yeah but you get what I'm saying.

he/him/his

edengowon

it's bad enough that she decided to include gay men in the video in the first place. a lot of us have spent the majority of our lives having our identities as men invalidated and ignored, it felt incredibly tacky to include a gay couple in the music video for a song called 'woman's world'. is she calling gay men female? or is she just throwing a gay kiss in there to try and appear faux-intersectional to play further into her cheesy brand of white feminism?

the artist formerly known as melancholia
  • Thanks 1

ManMan
11 hours ago, HelloHangoverz said:

omg could you take some screenshots maybe? :heart:

i'm so sorry they deleted the video :kry:

Screenshot-2024-07-21-220700.png

3 hours ago, Juanlittlem said:

Go to postimages, upload your pic, then click share and copy direct link, then paste it here. It should embed :)

thank you :excited:

ᴸᵒᵒᵏ, ᵗʰᵉ ʷᵒʳˡᵈ ˢᵗᵃʳᵗˢ ᵗᵒ ᵈⁱˢᵃᵖᵖᵉᵃʳ “ᶠⁱⁿᵈ ᵐᵉ”, ˢᵒᵐᵉᵒⁿᵉ ˢᶜʳᵉᵃᵐˢ ᵒᵘᵗ.

Didymus

Y'all :messga:

The theorizing about her calling gay men women or whatever is so extra.

In the mv her character just wakes up in a world where feminism has actually won. The transition between the two halves explicitly refers to these feminist advances that secure equal rights for gay men too, it's literally not more complex than that.

The director of this mv is a known (female) feminist. Now I know the song is trash and this era seems to be trash but, like, come on now.

• LMAO 1