💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Was “Gaga Returns - LG7” premature?

Controversiaga

Featured Posts

BlingNotTheMusic
1 hour ago, madmagical6 said:

The teasing of the pre era is a mess. Posting a snippet would indicate a lead single is ready, and now she's saying she's recording? Even if it's for the rest of them album it doesn't make any sense. Recording is a preliminary stage which would mean she's not even mixing of mastering the album yet.

Very confusing and a bit messy. 

This. How to annoy your long-time fans 101 :max:

https://discord.xyz/hausofdelulu

Chlorine

There was no reason to include an LG7 teaser like that unless a) a release or announcement were imminent or b) she felt the CGB film on its own was not worth the wait. Clearly it was B.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

HoeMoe

Generally speaking, i hate it when artists tease anything before at least 90% of the record is done. it kills the hype for everyone and a lot of artists aren't aware of it when they pull this cr*p. I wish if we could go back to the days they'd just announce the album name months before its release and then stay mute until its done and then "tease" it 2 weeks before its release.

Why cant everyone just pull a Beyoncé self-tittled.....  :motherofpuppies:

Edit: to answer the question, yes i think it was premature.

Edited by HoeMoe
What’s fortnight
  • Thanks 1

NATAH
26 minutes ago, Chlorine said:

Clearly it was B.

absolutely not, it very much was :bye:

mother, what must i do?

Red

I don’t think it was premature but I do think they missed the perfect time to release (as usual)

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.

danbekim

Let's be real here. It was included to create more hype around the film for the GP or even some fans who have abandoned the idea of a tour film coming out after 2 years.

It was indeed cruel though.

If you have some rad remixes you made laying around, send it to me!!

Chuckles

I never got it as "album is ready" more like that she will come back with new music... eventually

steven

The teasing was premature, I mean that kind of strategy doesn't work in 2024 anymore, you have to release it fast otherwise you lose people's attention.

• Like 1

MessyTop

I just hope the music is good and that she’s not second guessing. It’s a bit alarming to be honest , we shall see.

Edited by MessyTop

ChromaticaBoy

Guys in the last photos she posted she’s actually recording her promo ads. “Hey Apple Music it’s Lady Gaga and this is my new single Heart Of Charcoal”:ladyhaha:.

Surprise drop in 1h 4m:cheeky:

Edited by ChromaticaBoy

HermesGr

As i see it now, It was just a promo because of the the delayed release of the Chromatica Ball. 

eunino
57 minutes ago, HermesGr said:

As i see it now, It was just a promo because of the the delayed release of the Chromatica Ball. 

Trying to fix a problem with another problem.

Everything about it made absolutely no sense. Releasing a film 2 years old, adding she would return soon when she clearly didn’t, the Sasha interview being held back for nothing, saying “happy pride!” when she went absolutely silent during the whole month, the “my fans hate when I say soon but this time is soon”….I could go on and on…

Nessun Dorma

I’m not able to say it was premature since I don’t have any idea of their schedule. For all we know, the single could be released next month. It has been only 2 months since the teaser, I really don’t think it’s a long wait. 

Joe already said she’s done with the writing. And I don’t think she’s still recording the album after all this time. When she said “I’m working on”, it could also mean she’s mixing or mastering the album. PI was released while Joanne was being mastered, so we have precedents. 

I understand the hopelessness and lack of enthusiasm of many of you. But I believe Gaga has some pretty good and competent people around her (I can sense some of you rolling eyes at me lol), so I’m trusting their timing and their plans. It will happen when it will happen. 

That said, I’m still believing it’s coming this year for all the facts we know so far. It’s still plausible. But if it’s not coming, that’s fine too. I’ll keep loving her and waiting for her return no matter what. 

find your freedom in the music
  • Thanks 1

WhiteWitch

Yes. And timing is the biggest areas of opportunity that Gaga and her team need to address. Either be an enigma, or be transparent. We can’t ebb and flow between them anymore. But announcements that have no substantive content, and are farther than 1-2 weeks out, aren’t well received anymore. I think the snippet is what made it more frustrating. I think artists should reserve snippets unless you’re releasing the song within days.

In 2024, things are fast. If you can’t be fast, then you have to rely on surprise releases and the impact of those, otherwise general consumers move on. After 15 years, I’m tired of all things “soon.” It’s just the scene from Spaceballs at this juncture. 

I do worry that Gaga’s schedule leads to a lack of dedicated focus and forces her to multitask to such a degree she can no longer market a cohesive era (excluding covid situation). I’m ok with spread out releases, if that meant clarity on what to actually expect with it. I don’t think it’s technically fair to say we aren’t being fed, it just doesn’t feel like it because it’s short term focus and hype, release, silence again. I think Gaga should hire a dedicated community engagement manager to help bridge the gap with fans, or heavily consider fully surprise releasing moving forward. I also worry that her passion and perfectionism has grown to become a real challenge.