Who sings the best Woman's World?  

62 members have voted

1. 1. Who sings the best Woman's World?

• Katy
    • Cher
    • Little Mix

Featured Posts

StrawberryBlond

As we all know, Katy Perry's Woman's World was released this week and its title really stood out to me as I know of 2 other artists who released songs with this exact title before her. Seeing as Katy's song has been criticised for not expressing the feminist message correctly, do you think these other ones did it better?

Here's Katy's:

And now Cher's, from her 2013 album, Closer To The Truth:

And here is Little Mix's, a deluxe edition track from their 2018 album, LM5:

My vote is for Little Mix. It deals with the issue of women's issues seriously, isn't trying to chase a hit in any way and it makes me tear up a bit as well. And Perrie's high note is perfection. 

palma

IDK any Little Mix song so by default Cher :partysick:

Is there some reason my LG7 isn't here? Has she died or something?

GagaGame

Whoever that voted Katy: Tonight I'm coming

LG7? CANCELLED

calmar

Tell the truth!

:music:

俺の勝利は揺るぎない
  • Thanks 1

PartySick

'Cause I'm stronger!

Stronger enough to rise above!

This is a woman's world!

This is a woman's world!

Tell the truth!

Wonder Woman Dancing GIF by myLAB Box

PoshLife

Cher's gets stuck in my head every time I see someone mention "Woman's World," and while I've listened to Katy's a couple times I honestly couldn't hum the chorus right now. I just don't find it catchy or memorable.

RodeckDanny

the results I was expecting. proud of GGD

Listen to my debut pop single 'Want You Bad'! (link on Insta)

SOON

Definitely not Katy's but the lyrics of that little mix song makes me lean towards them

gaga, halsey, lorde, taylor, dua
  • Thanks 1

Catnikko

I never actually listened to the Cher one until now, didn't realise it was gonna be a bop :traumatica:

Dance in the shadow of the meow

StrawberryBlond
1 hour ago, palma said:

IDK any Little Mix song so by default Cher :partysick:

That's why you should listen to them all first! :patrizia: The LM one is the only one that takes the issue seriously.

7 minutes ago, SOON said:

Definitely not Katy's but the lyrics of that little mix song makes me lean towards them

I'm glad you see that. Cher's song is the catchiest, no doubt, but the fact is that it's not even a song about women or women's issues, it's just about a woman who's trying to get over a break up by dancing and somehow this translates to how we're living in a woman's world? But the LM one just tugs at the heartstrings and is about actual female empowerment. "Only want the body and not the brains" also calls out anyone who frames feminism in that capitalistic way that make it all about acting sassy and looking hot when it's actually about tackling monumental issues and improving women's lives. 

• Like 1

SOON
Just now, StrawberryBlond said:

I'm glad you see that. Cher's song is the catchiest, no doubt, but the fact is that it's not even a song about women or women's issues, it's just about a woman who's trying to get over a break up by dancing and somehow this translates to how we're living in a woman's world? But the LM one just tugs at the heartstrings and is about actual female empowerment. "Only want the body and not the brains" also calls out anyone who frames feminism in that capitalistic way that make it all about acting sassy and looking hot when it's actually about tackling monumental issues and improving women's lives. 

Exactly. It's much more than aesthetics or an easy pop song. I would never thought a girl band would speak about inequal pay, body image or actual topics that need to be talked about when they could just be sexy and fun and attract male gaze like any other girl bands did 

gaga, halsey, lorde, taylor, dua
  • YAAAS 1

MACATL

No contest.  Cher.  I honestly am surprised Katy and camp thought that hers was lead single material.  Sounds so utterly generic.  

Edited by MACATL

Smother Em Eh

Cher’s by far! 

Get Applause & G.U.Y to 1B views!