Jump to content

💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

‘143’ has already sold 10k copies


ThisGuyTony
 Share

Featured Posts

  • Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • ThisGuyTony

    5

  • MessyTop

    4

  • Tyler1992

    3

  • 27monster27

    2

MessyTop

She said she was going to sign at least 30k copies! 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Tyler1992

I’m so charts illiterate now… Is this good? 

Ugh… I want the Katy comeback so bad, but the Dr. Puke thing pulls the rug out of everything. 

  • LMAO 2
  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

27monster27

I think this album is going to outdo Smile and probably Witness. I don't think it can reach her first three though.

he/him/his
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

ThisGuyTony
3 minutes ago, Tyler1992 said:

I’m so charts illiterate now… Is this good? 

Ugh… I want the Katy comeback so bad, but the Dr. Puke thing pulls the rug out of everything. 

If the 10k is just US sales, then yes. Past USA debuts:

Smile - 50k

Witness - 180k

Prism - 286k

Teenage Dream - 190k

One of the Boys - 47k

  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Kim Petrus
3 minutes ago, ThisGuyTony said:

If the 10k is just US sales, then yes. Past USA debuts:

Smile - 50k

Witness - 180k

Prism - 286k

Teenage Dream - 190k

One of the Boys - 47k

Wait what? Is really one of the boys her lowest selling record ?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Tyler1992
1 minute ago, ThisGuyTony said:

If the 10k is just US sales, then yes. Past USA debuts:

Smile - 50k

Witness - 180k

Prism - 286k

Teenage Dream - 190k

One of the Boys - 47k

Thank you!!

While you’re here, what does the competition average look like lately? Approximately how many sales does she have to make to get in contention for the number 1?  

Link to post
Share on other sites

27monster27
6 minutes ago, Kim Petrus said:

Wait what? Is really one of the boys her lowest selling record ?

It isn't. It has sold over 7,000,000. It's not uncommon for debut albums to do that. Madonna's debut peaked at #8 for example. Ariana Grande, for example, was lucky enough to get a number one debut with her first album.

he/him/his
Link to post
Share on other sites

BUtterfield 8
2 minutes ago, 27monster27 said:

It isn't. It has sold over 7,000,000. It's not uncommon for debut albums to do that. Madonna's debut peaked at #8 for example. Ariana Grande, for example, was lucky enough to get a number one debut with her first album.

Wasn’t she up against Tamar Braxton tho?

It wasn’t really that much of luck

Link to post
Share on other sites

BUtterfield 8

I see her doing well album sales wise but in terms of her singles charting well…. Lol

Link to post
Share on other sites

ThisGuyTony
11 minutes ago, Tyler1992 said:

Thank you!!

While you’re here, what does the competition average look like lately? Approximately how many sales does she have to make to get in contention for the number 1?  

Depends on the competition. Here’s all the #1 albums this year and their sales that week: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Billboard_200_number-one_albums_of_2024

I think she’d have to do 130k+ to guarantee a #1 (if the competition and charts that week are weak :air:).

A bunch of Khia’s are releasing the same day so she may have a shot at the #1 - so long as there’s no Taylor variants and surprise album drops. :anveeroy:

9/20
Bright Eyes - Five Dice, All Threes - 0/13
Jamie xx - In Waves - 2/12
Joan as Police Woman - Lemons, Limes and Orchids - 1/12
Katy Pеrry - 143 - 1/15
Katy Perry - 143 (Deluxe) - 1/?
Kеith Urban - HIGH - 4/12
Lutalo - The Academy - 1/12
Noga Erez - THE VANDALIST - 3/16

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

MessyTop
23 minutes ago, Tyler1992 said:

I’m so charts illiterate now… Is this good? 

Ugh… I want the Katy comeback so bad, but the Dr. Puke thing pulls the rug out of everything. 

Yes is good, she sold 10k in just the first hours after the pre orders where available, I think she’s gonna have a 150k-200k when the album drops 

  • LMAO 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share


×
×
  • Create New...