❤︎ OUT NOW! ❤︎
question

Gaga x Chappell Roan Collab?

LordByron28

Featured Posts

Bronco
27 minutes ago, MadArchitect said:

the meat dress look was literally made with a regular corset, a pair of pleasers, torn out fishnets, fake diamonds and of course streaks of meat sewn together.... it was not about money at all...

I mean, I'm not sure how regularly you buy meat, but that quantity of meat & the ability to get it dryed and preserved is not defined as cheap for a normal person. 

I think you've missed my point though, Chappel Roan very clearly has an understanding of fashion given her skill with the camp aesthetic - it takes skill and understanding to be camp without being trashy. Camp was even used as a recent Met Gala theme. To say Chappel isn't on Gaga's level with fashion simply because she follows a different aesthetic betrays your knowledge of fashion.

• Like 2
  • LMAO 3

ALGAYDO

They’d make such a gay ass song, I’d be 100% here for it 

• YAAAS 2

highongaga

hate to see lms acting like madonna fans

YEAHHH BUDDY
  • Like 7

Starmie25
1 hour ago, highongaga said:

hate to see lms acting like madonna fans

It's ok if fans aren't fully on board. It's all subjective in the end. 

As for the Madonna times many were  downgrading Gaga and her artistic choices any chance they got sadly.

Starmie25

I will say though I don't fully get Gaga vibes from Chappel, cept maybe in her designs/staging. 

I would love a Vhappel and Marina collab though.

• Like 1

BornAsUnic0rn
16 hours ago, olive specter said:

not only are the "crazy outfits" not as uncommon now as they were in 08, but what set Gaga apart from others was her knowledge of fashion and that what she was wearing was actually really good, made sense and had connection to whatever album she was promoting at the time. aand not only was she pushing boundaries of the general public, but also the fashion world itself. ipod glasses, meat dress, flying dress etc.

this looks random, extra without any bigger concept. she calls herself a drag queen and that's how it feels like.

i don't know why so many people are calling this Gaga.

The stupidity… I have to laugh, I fear. 

BornAsUnic0rn
6 hours ago, MadArchitect said:

the meat dress look was literally made with a regular corset, a pair of pleasers, torn out fishnets, fake diamonds and of course streaks of meat sewn together.... it was not about money at all...

That‘s so out of touch.

Pulling off the meat dress most definitely cost them 4 figures.

The preservation of it alone cost the Rock and Roll Hall Of Fame 6.000$. 

• Like 1
  • LMAO 1

Magneto

I would love it, but I'd be so afraid for people attacking her for just doing a collab cause she's popular rn. I was so afraid that would happen with the Blackpink collab too, but luckily it didn't 

Free my mind
  • Like 2

Didymus
Posted (edited)
46 minutes ago, BornAsUnic0rn said:

That‘s so out of touch.

Pulling off the meat dress most definitely cost them 4 figures.

The preservation of it alone cost the Rock and Roll Hall Of Fame 6.000$.

7 hours ago, Bronco said:

I mean, I'm not sure how regularly you buy meat, but that quantity of meat & the ability to get it dryed and preserved is not defined as cheap for a normal person.

lol

The question of the cost was big in 2010. NYC butchers confirmed to reporters it was all cheap cuts of meat that couldn't have cost more than ca. $100 total. Google it. They just froze the dress afterwards. It didn't cost Gaga's team anything, nor was the preservation process that expensive in itself. Literally just bleach, formaldehyde and a dye.

Edited by Didymus
  • LMAO 1
  • Thanks 1

olive specter
1 hour ago, BornAsUnic0rn said:

The stupidity… I have to laugh, I fear. 

"stupidity", how nice

Bronco
12 minutes ago, Didymus said:

lol

The question of the cost was big in 2010. NYC butchers confirmed to reporters it was all cheap cuts of meat that couldn't have cost more than ca. $100 total. Google it. They just froze the dress afterwards. It didn't cost Gaga's team anything, nor was the preservation process that expensive in itself. Literally just bleach, formaldehyde and a dye.

I love how everyone's like Gaga didn't have a massive record label behind her when trying to discredit an actual indie artist. 

$100 on meat alone, before staff got paid for constructing the outfit & before they paid to freeze the outfit (which they did for months before the Hall of Fame paid to have it turned into jerky). Meanwhile, Chappel's immaculate album cover outfit I'm using as a comparison by her own admission is from the thrift store & self funded as her label had dropped her. 

No ones trying to say someone is better here. Just pointing out that some of y'all's idea of fashion is "high end designers only". 
Y'all should be Madonna fans. 

IWantYourLove

The fact she’s so heavily influenced by Gaga really hits home to me I would 100% be like that as a performer too.

I say this as a Chappell fan since 2021 - I’d LOVE them to make music together, but maybe when Chappell has a little more experience/maturity, as in comparison her music is more juvenile than Gaga’s. As it should be, as Gaga is in her thirties and Chappell is in her early 20s. Not shading at all!! It just would be hard to make them blend well enough at this moment in time.

I PRAY that they work together at some point though, it would be my dream come true

Didymus
Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, Bronco said:

I love how everyone's like Gaga didn't have a massive record label behind her when trying to discredit an actual indie artist. 

$100 on meat alone, before staff got paid for constructing the outfit & before they paid to freeze the outfit (which they did for months before the Hall of Fame paid to have it turned into jerky). Meanwhile, Chappel's immaculate album cover outfit I'm using as a comparison by her own admission is from the thrift store & self funded as her label had dropped her. 

No ones trying to say someone is better here. Just pointing out that some of y'all's idea of fashion is "high end designers only". 
Y'all should be Madonna fans. 

Maybe I got confused by the context of this convo because I'm a massive Chappell stan and I'm not trying to discredit her at all.

I just saw some things about the meat dress that I thought were wrong lol.

Chappell does treat her looks more like drag queens do: one-offs that don't require a pretentious (yeah, I said it) "meaning" or designer context. Not that I minded Gaga being philosophical about her looks, I loved it, but that doesn't necessarily elevate her above Chappell's use of fashion.

Gaga 70% of the time just takes clothes right off the runway where they quite honestly look better on the model so I never understood fans' exaggerated infatuation with her imaginary "unique" fashion style. That hasn't been a thing since 2011 and some splashes of 2013. I'm actually more intrigued by what Chappell would ask designers to do exactly because she doesn't care if it's "fashion" or not.

Edited by Didymus
  • Like 1

palma
14 hours ago, SHALLOW said:

You guys said the same thing about Billie. To this day i still can't name a song that isn't bad guy. She definitely does have an influence on Gen z and alpha but no real impact in music. 

I feel like every once in a while you guys like to push a new artist but it just is not going to happen. Unfortunately nowadays no artist is able to do what past generations have done and that's because the music landscape has changed and has become incredibly shallow. 

Billie is objectively the biggest female artist that have debuted after Gaga along with Ariana wym :koons: literally every other female-led song is based on the Billie blueprint - even in my irrelevant flop country indie artists try so hard to go for a Billie sound. I do agree that we’re past the era of superstars but Billie is a clear exception to that, and Chappell is seemingly on the same path :partysick:

Is there some reason my LG7 isn't here? Has she died or something?