Die With A Smile Music Video Banner
question

Gaga x Chappell Roan Collab?

LordByron28

Featured Posts

LordByron28

She and Sabrina Carpenter are definitely the current IT girls that are on the rise. Chappell Roan’s outfits and performances are very Gaga-esque. She is pretty talented and becoming a LGBT star. With her still writing and recording for LG7. It definitely feels like a collab would be a perfect storm and meet the moment. They clearly have mutual respect for each other as Chappell Roan performs Bad Romance fairly regularly and Gaga has expressed love for her. Would you be here for a collab on LG7?

• Like 5
  • YAAAS 9

GagaGame

I don't really see any Gaga relation with Chappell's performances...

I could be your mustang for the weekend
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 8

Didymus

Chappell deserves her own momentum for now.

• Like 16

Gagaplayer315

tumblr_njj3r0lwyU1qff2ilo1_400.gif

• Like 5

Aglaya
25 minutes ago, GagaGame said:

Any? :sweat:

could mean anything
  • Thanks 2

BillieGOAT
33 minutes ago, GagaGame said:

21579367732157936836Any?  :sweat:

• Like 5
  • LMAO 2
  • YAAAS 2
  • Thanks 16

Elohim

It’s a NEED. I kinda hope Gaga will acknowledge her beside tiktok comments, I hope she will be what other pop stars that she adored wasn’t for her at the beginning of her career.

• Like 3

GagaGame
27 minutes ago, BillieGOAT said:

I said performances, not outfits lol

I could be your mustang for the weekend
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

olive specter
Posted (edited)
54 minutes ago, BillieGOAT said:

not only are the "crazy outfits" not as uncommon now as they were in 08, but what set Gaga apart from others was her knowledge of fashion and that what she was wearing was actually really good, made sense and had connection to whatever album she was promoting at the time. aand not only was she pushing boundaries of the general public, but also the fashion world itself. ipod glasses, meat dress, flying dress etc.

this looks random, extra without any bigger concept. she calls herself a drag queen and that's how it feels like.

i don't know why so many people are calling this Gaga.

Edited by olive specter
  • Like 7
  • LMAO 1
  • Thanks 13

Nite

I could see her appearing on a remix album like DoC but for LG7, that would be fun :music:

Chlorine

Can’t wait for Gaga to stop faking it and go full Madonna on this girl. :partysick:

• LMAO 8

LordByron28
7 minutes ago, olive specter said:

not only are the "crazy outfits" not as uncommon now as they were in 08, but what set Gaga apart from others was her knowledge of fashion and that what she was wearing was actually really good, made sense and had connection to whatever album she was promoting at the time. aand not only was she pushing boundaries of the general public, but also the fashion world itself. ipod glasses, meat dress, flying dress etc.

this looks random, extra without any bigger concept. she calls herself a drag queen and that's how it feels like.

Most people did not understand the effort and thought process that Gaga went through for her outfits. Also Gaga’s fashion was very drag inspired at times. I think being an LGBT pop star with these extravagant outfits and vocal talent it is easy to see. I can see where an album like Joanne lead to someone like Chappell Roan’s debut album. 

1 hour ago, Didymus said:

Chappell deserves her own momentum for now.

Gaga’s been collaborating with up and coming LGBT artists with BTW 10 and DOC. She’s been a lot more supportive of younger popular artists throughout award shows. She made a rather desperate plea to be Billie’s mentor when she was just starting with Bad Guy. Don’t see why she wouldn’t take the opportunity. 

olive specter
Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, LordByron28 said:

Most people did not understand the effort and thought process that Gaga went through for her outfits. Also Gaga’s fashion was very drag inspired at times. I think being an LGBT pop star with these extravagant outfits and vocal talent it is easy to see. I can see where an album like Joanne lead to someone like Chappell Roan’s debut album. 

just because they didn't understand the bigger picture doesn't change that it was there. she had a style and a set of influences and references for every era and she stick to it. and again she also was pushing what fashion even was with the technology and stuff.

if all it takes to be the next Gaga is being a female singer with a more extra outfit, then anybody can be it if they hire a good stylist, or buy the correct clothes.

Edited by olive specter
  • Like 3

Bronco
26 minutes ago, olive specter said:

I mean the meat dress/flying dress both came once Gaga had money to expand her output.

I think far more fair to compare Gaga's earlier efforts like the iPod glasses & the cover of The Fame where the crystal glasses were cheap specs with hot glued crystals; with Chapell's album cover for Midwest Princess. She did that by her own account with thrift store stuff and her own money as she'd gone indie. 

That said the difference is that Chappell is absolutely going down the camp kitsch route. Her football kit & jockstrap outfit being a perfect example of it. And she's doing it masterfully. 

• Like 3