news

Casting Director Says, “Lady Gaga’s Going To Blow Your Mind!”

Ronnie

Featured Posts

mamo

gosh i'm literally so hyped!!! I already know she's going to kill it but hearing this makes me so excited. I think she's going to truly shock everyone with this role. COME ON LEE! 

you can serve it to me ancient city style...
  • YAAAS 1

Ziggy
9 hours ago, Tyler1992 said:

If she thought it sucked she probably wouldn’t have said anything :trollga:

I see it more as a humble way to admit she underestimated Gaga and didn’t see the connection, while still giving credit to Todd Philips who did- giving credit where credits due.

No way she is getting fired, as she’s got an arsenal of heavy hitting actors in her wheelhouse. 

Nah she is more than aware of her job in promoting a movie. I’m not saying Gaga is gonna be ass but no one is going to be talking about a movie in advance with anything other than glowing praise both for cynical, promotional purposes and the fact that they’re probably very biased having worked on the project itself! And that’s okay :) it’s nice to hear the enthusiasm for it

lastpopicon

imagine if she wins the Oscar for best actress, and she prob will, plus the album that I feel will be her best work in a long time. She will take over the world this year :cheeky:

The melody that you choose can rescue you

mamo
13 minutes ago, Ziggy said:

Nah she is more than aware of her job in promoting a movie. I’m not saying Gaga is gonna be ass but no one is going to be talking about a movie in advance with anything other than glowing praise both for cynical, promotional purposes and the fact that they’re probably very biased having worked on the project itself! And that’s okay :) it’s nice to hear the enthusiasm for it

perhaps but this wasn't a promotional interview.

The interview that took place was strictly about casting and the casting director's process. The interviewer randomly asked Francince Maisler a question about whether casting directors are scared about casting someone hugely famous and gave the example of Gaga being casted in Joker 2 to which she gave that response. It wasn't planned at all and it's solely how she felt in that moment. 

Watch the interview for yourself here (around the 56 minute mark): 

https://kviff.tv/en/video/3790-francine-maisler-o-profesi-castingoveho-rezisera

you can serve it to me ancient city style...
  • Thanks 3

Tyler1992
13 hours ago, Ziggy said:

Her job as a casting director is complete during pre-production (sometimes later). She’s gotta be so far removed from Joker as her job was complete in 2022. The fact of the matter is she isn’t part of the promotional cycle, she’s casting director working with titans in the directing world. 

Her job is to give directors access to actors and give the director options for the right people for the job. The interviewer thought she presented Gaga to Todd, when in actuality it was reversed.

She would never say someone was ass, but if Gaga wasn’t good she wouldn’t have taken time to say “she’s going to blow your mind” with such sincerity. 

• Love 1
  • Thanks 4

Battle 4 Ur Life
Posted (edited)

this so exciting and it’s kind of annoying to see people in this forum (which I’m pretty sure is formed by the people who love Lady Gaga THE MOST in the entire world, supposedly) reacting with sarcasm and negativity.

Coming from a TRUE insider and yet people feel like they can eye roll and dismiss it is not just cynical but also stupid.

If she was about to get fired she wouldn’t be asked to give her opinion. some of you should take a sit on the bare floor and shut up if you can’t keep your negativity in check. you value your own opinion and knowledge (that you try hard to pretend you have) way too damn much for anyone’s taste.

rant aside, I believe she’s gonna be phenomenal and like we’ve never seen her before. even if the movie is not good and people hate it, it’s still a big win for Gaga. excelling at something that she’s passionate about and raising her talents to a new level.

Edited by Battle 4 Ur Life
“Stupid Love aged like Macallan tho”
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Economy

Whats he gonna say that she did a bad job?

I believe she did well cuz shes a good actress but they always hype the sh*t out of their movies regardless

• LMAO 1

HelloHangoverz
18 minutes ago, Economy said:

Whats he gonna say that she did a bad job?

"6/10 guys don't waste your money"

sometimes he saw his real face, and sometimes a stranger in his place
  • Like 1

GagaGame

I just know she's going to slay. Can't wait omg

I could be your mustang for the weekend

FGGrayson

OMFGG Her Oscar for leading actress is coming, i can feel IT

𝗟𝗮𝗱𝘆 𝗚𝗮𝗴𝗮 • 𝗠𝗮𝗻𝗱𝘆 𝗠𝗼𝗼𝗿𝗲 • 𝗦𝗼𝗽𝗵𝗶𝗲-𝗘𝗹𝗹𝗶𝘀 𝗕𝗲𝘅𝘁𝗼𝗿 • 𝗣𝗮𝗿𝗶𝘀 𝗝𝗮𝗰𝗸𝘀𝗼𝗻

• 2 weeks later...
DrewPa

When I watch Joker for the first time I noticed Bradley was the producer, and Todd Phillips was the producer of ASIB.

I told all my friends "Watch Gaga be in the next Phillips' movie", and the rest is history.

I am so curious about this movie, I loved the first one, and the concept forthe sequel is very intringuing, I can't wait to see it

I'm a real Fire CRRRACKERRR