💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Dua Lipa dominates global radio in 2024 so far

Teletubby

Featured Posts

Teletubby

Dua Lipa is the most-played artist of 2024 so far on radio stations worldwide, with “Houdini” and “Training Season” ranking among the year’s biggest songs, according to data provided by Apple Music’s Shazam radio charts, despite her latest album producing fewer Billboard chart-toppers than her previous work.

Dua’s “Houdini” ranked as the song with the most radio spins globally since between Jan. 1 and June 24, 2024, according to Apple Music’s Shazam radio charts, which track thousands of stations worldwide.

Despite Lipa’s global radio success, “Houdini” and “Training Season” only peaked at No. 11 and No. 27 respectively on the Billboard Hot 100.

TOP 10 SONGS ON GLOBAL RADIO BETWEEN JAN. 1 AND JUNE 24
1. Dua Lipa - “Houdini”
2. Teddy Swims - “Lose Control”
3. Tate McRae - “greedy”
4. Benson Boone - “Beautiful Things”
5. Beyoncé - “TEXAS HOLD 'EM”
6. Dua Lipa - “Training Season”
7. Taylor Swift - “Cruel Summer”
8. Miley Cyrus - “Flowers”
9. Kygo & Ava Max - “Whatever”
10. Jack Harlow - “Lovin On Me”

TOP 5 ARTISTS ON GLOBAL RADIO BETWEEN JAN. 1 AND JUNE 24
1. Dua Lipa
2. David Guetta
3. Taylor Swift
4. Ed Sheeran
5. The Weeknd

https://www.forbes.com/sites/conormurray/2024/07/05/dua-lipa-dominates-global-radio-so-far-this-year-despite-big-competition/

aaaaaa
  • Like 2
  • YAAAS 3
  • Love 4
  • Shook 3
  • Sad 1

moonsago

Glad she’s staying succesful and proving the haters wrong, I hate how everybody turns on a female artist over one album. She literally delivered the LAST real pop mega era and that still wasn’t enough to receive some grace from twitter for her next project. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

Butters Stotch

I will never believe in Twitter gays trying to convince me Dua Lipa is flopping this era. Bitter lying queens.

FIND YOUR FREEDOM IN THE MUSIC
  • Like 6

Schizophonic

very impressed by the longevity of miley's flowers, i loved the song from first listen but never thought it would be that massive even 1,5 years after release. that kind of hit i want for Gaga.

• Like 2

Rat Boy

I was so confused when people said she was flopping - her new songs are played on the radio all the time :rip:

"dont trust this crooked manipulative rat!" - @NichuuB
  • Thanks 2

King of the Fall

But Gaga Daily told me she was over and the next Katy Perry

The problem was, she had a little black book and my name was written on every page

37 minutes ago, Rat Boy said:

I was so confused when people said she was flopping - her new songs are played on the radio all the time :rip:

Payola, her streams are flopping on Spotify... :haroon:

• Like 1
  • Shook 1

StrawberryBlond

Radio has never been an indicator of how popular a song is with the public. Labels pay stations to play their artists music to promote it. Bar the occasional request, there's a set playlist in the hopes it'll make the public like the song. In the age of streaming where people choose what they want to listen to instead of being spoon fed by the media, there doesn't need to be any stock put in radio stats. Streaming numbers and downloads tells you what's actually popular.

• Like 1

I like Dua and the albun is decent, but all this proves is her label are going to make sure she is in the publics ear regardless of anything, it isnt like the public have control of what gets played by the top stations. They know they have set listeners and labels will work harder (pay more) to get their artists on them to hit their projections - or diffuse a less-sucessful release to protect their image.

We are still slightly in the era of "oh you never hear that anymore, must be a flop." Or "Oh its everywhere! It must be popular!" But the metric that decides that often has little to do with the public

Edited by Leoooo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1