Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
movie

Maxxxine

bpmMonkey

Featured Posts

bpmMonkey

It’s in cinemas now ! 
200w.gif?cid=6c09b9527yayku2ksxfo0lse3sp

Just adore Mia Goth, the entire supporting cast played stellar as well. Don’t wanna spoil anything around the plot but would be interested to know what yall think. 
I feel Ti West does better in more contained movies with more or less limited sets. 
Story was fun and the time just flew by, soundtrack is giving too <3

• YAAAS 1

ALGAYDO

Super excited to watch it next week. I cannot believe Halsey has a role in this, watching one of my faves grow like this is just amazing. 

For those who have watched it already (and without spoiling too much), how small is Halsey’s role in this movie?

bpmMonkey
14 minutes ago, ALGAYDO said:

Super excited to watch it next week. I cannot believe Halsey has a role in this, watching one of my faves grow like this is just amazing. 

For those who have watched it already (and without spoiling too much), how small is Halsey’s role in this movie?

Uhm, I’d say Mia takes 60%, Elizabeth Debicki 10% and the rest of the cast (including Halsey, excluding extras dying) are splitting the remaining 30% of screen time. She plays pretty good and it doesn’t feel like a pop-up cameo at all 🤗

Edited by bpmMonkey
  • Love 1

ALGAYDO
29 minutes ago, bpmMonkey said:

Uhm, I’d say Mia takes 60%, Elizabeth Debicki 10% and the rest of the cast (including Halsey, excluding extras dying) are splitting the remaining 30% of screen time. She plays pretty good and it doesn’t feel like a pop-up cameo at all 🤗

Omg that makes me so happy, I was afraid she was gonna have like a 30-second cameo and that’s it lmao 

The pacing issues bothers me but still pretty nice movie. Asia from Mia Hotj, Kevin Bacon steals the scenes he's in. 

Edited by RAMROD
(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ AND I'M VICTORIA, MALCOLM! (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Flippy

It was so good! I actually really enjoyed it and watching X two weeks ago, Pearl last week and MaXXXine this week was perfect! (They played them all in theaters! :excited:) It made me appreciate the trilogy even more! 

Cardi B Popcorn GIF

TMBT 3.22.11 // TBTWB 1.17.13 // ArtRAVE 6.3.14 // C2CT 5.28.15 // TJWT 8.13.17 // Chromatica World Tour 9.8.22

bpmMonkey
53 minutes ago, RAMROD said:

The pacing issues bothers me but still pretty nice movie. Asia from Mia Hotj, Kevin Bacon steals the scenes he's in. 

Ja, I feel similar after the first watch. But I also think it might change on a second or third. But that’s also what I was thinking of when I said Ti does better in smaller settings, contained locations and so on. I think pacing issues often times go hand in hand with changing sets. But I’m very positive it’ll be a movie (and trilogy) that stands the time. 🥳

30 minutes ago, Flippy said:

It was so good! I actually really enjoyed it and watching X two weeks ago, Pearl last week and MaXXXine this week was perfect! (They played them all in theaters! :excited:) It made me appreciate the trilogy even more! 

Cardi B Popcorn GIF

Uhh ! I’ll be on the lookout for the threesome screening. I only saw the first two from home 

• Love 1

Flippy
2 minutes ago, bpmMonkey said:

Uhh ! I’ll be on the lookout for the threesome screening. I only saw the first two from home 

Yes!!! They did them at AMC so I’m not sure when/if they’ll do them again but it’s definitely a much better experience imo :flutter:

TMBT 3.22.11 // TBTWB 1.17.13 // ArtRAVE 6.3.14 // C2CT 5.28.15 // TJWT 8.13.17 // Chromatica World Tour 9.8.22

I will end up going to the movies by myself to see it because I have literally no one who is interested in seeing it :oops: I don't mind though as I went to the movies alone once and it was good :firega:

My only worry is that I saw some people be disappointed in the movie online (like really disappointed, absolutely hated it) and I really hope it lives up to Pearl and X (or it turns out to be a decent film). Pearl should have been nominated for an Oscar and I will die on that hill. 

Until then, this is Elvira saying unpleasant dreams.

elijahfan

Went to the French premiere yesterday night, Ti West was there. I enjoyed it but it’s my least favorite of the three. I feel like this is a situation where the style overpowered the content, but it was still very enjoyable, all the cultural references were fun to identify. I think Pearl is so perfect in every way and was such a logical extension of X that anything coming after that’s not at that level feels a bit redundant.

elijahfan
4 hours ago, ALGAYDO said:

Supporting cast is great but feels very under-exploited. Most of Halsey’s or Lily Collins’ involvement is in the trailers already, don’t expect much more.