• Love 5
  • Shook 1

GagaGame

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY 

Happy Well Done GIF by Top Talent

I could be your mustang for the weekend

palma
Posted (edited)

I think these are great numbers for an independent female hip hop release :partysick:

I wish she dropped the album the week HISS got released though. She'd pull +100k like it's nothing :partysick:

Edited by palma
Is there some reason my LG7 isn't here? Has she died or something?
  • Like 8

RichAssPiss

Honestly, I am a huge fan but the marketing for this album rollout was all over the place. Cobra was an absolute serve of a video and I know it didn't smash at radio but I think it really hit in terms of her seriousness as an artist. If the album was prepped and released with HISS it would have been such a smash. I also really don't understand the imagery and promo. Hot Girl Summer tour has nothing to do with Cobra/HISS snake theme and the album is called MEGAN. Honestly, should have called  it Cobra and had a clearer snake motif, in my opinion. Also, the fact that the David LaChapelle cover was so ugly she just scrapped it and used a random photo shows how poorly the imagery was managed. There was no clear theme or idea running through the album and visuals. I think if it were a tight ten-twelve song record with a snake motif and each song title had a snake related theme, it would have been an acclaimed record.

• Like 5

phantasmas

this is up there with Fever as one of my fave Meg albums 

Snapchat: @phantasmas

TortureMeOnReplay
5 hours ago, RichAssPiss said:

Honestly, I am a huge fan but the marketing for this album rollout was all over the place. Cobra was an absolute serve of a video and I know it didn't smash at radio but I think it really hit in terms of her seriousness as an artist. If the album was prepped and released with HISS it would have been such a smash. I also really don't understand the imagery and promo. Hot Girl Summer tour has nothing to do with Cobra/HISS snake theme and the album is called MEGAN. Honestly, should have called  it Cobra and had a clearer snake motif, in my opinion. Also, the fact that the David LaChapelle cover was so ugly she just scrapped it and used a random photo shows how poorly the imagery was managed. There was no clear theme or idea running through the album and visuals. I think if it were a tight ten-twelve song record with a snake motif and each song title had a snake related theme, it would have been an acclaimed record.

I feel like the tour financed a lot of the album, and it's possible none of it was really designed with the other components in mind. It wouldn't surprise me if she wanted to run the snake theme more tight knight but started running low on budget. 

ALGAYDO

Honestly the album is amazing. There are only like 2 songs I don’t vibe with, the rest are stellar. Made me a full-fledged Megan fan tbh 

• Like 1

Monstermilo

eh im so happy hiss hit number one, cuz i dont like nicki at all, but idk i just cant get into megans flow 

shes beautiful and seems so nice and kind but i just cant get into her music like that

• Shook 2

SimonBaetens
7 minutes ago, Monstermilo said:

eh im so happy hiss hit number one, cuz i dont like nicki at all, but idk i just cant get into megans flow 

shes beautiful and seems so nice and kind but i just cant get into her music like that

me neither, can't stand the way she raps

when you're lonely, I'll be lonely too / https://www.last.fm/user/SimonBaetens

Monstermilo
Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, SimonBaetens said:

me neither, can't stand the way she raps

shes def talented but her flow is so cumbersome to me, maybe its cuz her voice is deep so it sounds less agile?

Edited by Monstermilo
  • Like 1