💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

Gaga confirms return to Vegas

Rifek

Featured Posts

ALGAYDO
1 hour ago, AntonTurnItUp said:

Because the majority of her fanbase resides outside the United States and many cannot afford a trip to Las Vegas, lodging, food, AND ticket to the show????????

I live 4 hours from Vegas but I haven’t seen the show cause I can’t afford it, but that doesn’t mean others who do have the means shouldn’t be able to enjoy it??

• Thanks 2

AntonTurnItUp
18 minutes ago, ALGAYDO said:

I live 4 hours from Vegas but I haven’t seen the show cause I can’t afford it, but that doesn’t mean others who do have the means shouldn’t be able to enjoy it??

Good for them but It's not like I need to react like "OMG YASS WE LOVE JAZZGA YESS SHE CAN STAY THERE FOR 18 MORE YEARS

spongebob squarepants GIF"

At everything she does regardless my personal opinion.

Didymus
8 hours ago, PartySick said:

Suggestions? The only jazz artist I really listen to is Lizz Wright but as I'm entering my "I hate pop music" era, I'd love to have more

Snarky Puppy

Spoiler

Gretchen Parlato

Spoiler

Kamasi Washington

Spoiler

Hiatus Kaiyote

Spoiler

Good places to start :heart:

• Love 1

Didymus
8 hours ago, Nessun Dorma said:

Hollywood jazz as way too theatrical? 

Also could you explain better when you state that no one takes her seriously in the jazz community? I mean she won Grammys for Cheek To Cheek and Love For Sale, isn’t it a big recognition? 

I’m not a big jazz listener (I’m familiar with some artists though) and I’m asking you from an outsider’s perspective, no criticism intended! 

The albums were only nominated in the Traditional Pop categories, which is correct. She has never been nominated for jazz (ex. Best Jazz Performance, Best Jazz Vocal Album; categories where artists like Ella Fitzgerald, Etta James, Miles Davis, Ray Charles, John Coltrane were nominated).

The Traditional Pop category is where Michael BublĂŠ, Josh Groban, Barry Manilow, celeb Christmas albums,... get nominated, i.e. easy listening pop, usually covers. It's not a bad thing to win but it's one of the least respected categories in terms of musical quality, though I will say Laufey's win last year was an unusual stand-out.

Tony famously is also both the most winning and most nominated artist in this category, so you could say there is nothing unusual about Gaga's albums with him getting the recognition of even winning. Some cynics might even say the releases are calculated to get Grammy's this way. This is how the LAT and The Guardian have called her out in 2014 already for exploiting the genre (see this for example).

• Thanks 1

Nessun Dorma
10 hours ago, Didymus said:

The albums were only nominated in the Traditional Pop categories, which is correct. She has never been nominated for jazz (ex. Best Jazz Performance, Best Jazz Vocal Album; categories where artists like Ella Fitzgerald, Etta James, Miles Davis, Ray Charles, John Coltrane were nominated).

The Traditional Pop category is where Michael BublĂŠ, Josh Groban, Barry Manilow, celeb Christmas albums,... get nominated, i.e. easy listening pop, usually covers. It's not a bad thing to win but it's one of the least respected categories in terms of musical quality, though I will say Laufey's win last year was an unusual stand-out.

Tony famously is also both the most winning and most nominated artist in this category, so you could say there is nothing unusual about Gaga's albums with him getting the recognition of even winning. Some cynics might even say the releases are calculated to get Grammy's this way. This is how the LAT and The Guardian have called her out in 2014 already for exploiting the genre (see this for example).

I had no idea of everything you said, thank you so much for your reply! The article you linked was very clarifying as well. I now understand when you say it hurts your ego. Feels like she still has to prove herself for the jazz community. As an outsider, I always thought she was nailing it and now I’m kinda upset she has to face these criticisms. 

Kindness Punk