Joker 2 Out October 4th Banner
Joker 2 Out October 4th Banner
music news

C,XOXO is “ disposable and forgettable”

ThisGuyTony

Featured Posts

ThisGuyTony

Rating: 2/5

“Even as the music desperately tries to convince you of its unflappable bad-bitch mojo, many of the songs come across more like an annoying younger sibling begging for attention.

While amounting to little more than a generally shapeless hodgepodge of popular fads masquerading as idiosyncratic creative choices, C,XOXO is at least never anything less than committed to whichever ridiculous wig it decides to try on next. And every once in a while, the sheer ludicrousness results in something as gonzo as the overstimulated opener “I Luv It,” a beautiful cluster**** that could have been a 100 gecs track in another life. But while Cabello might view C,XOXO as an adventurous new step in her career, it plays more like a TikTok video: attention-grabbing, disposable, and instantly forgettable.“

https://www.slantmagazine.com/music/camila-cabello-cxoxo-album-review/

• Love 1
  • Sad 1

King of the Fall

Was anybody expecting this album to be that good? I have been underwhelmed by the singles

Edited by King of the Fall
He never sleeps. He says that he will never die. He dances in light and shadow and he is a great favorite
  • Thanks 1

Starmie25

Her last album was real good tbh and deserved better

. It had a lot of flavour and character - Don't Go Yet, Psychofreak, La Buena, Lola 

Edited by Starmie25
  • Like 4
  • YAAAS 1

dragqueenshego

The way this review talks about a female artist and their art is disheartening. To label music as disposable, is just not right. And what's wrong with wanting attention as an artist? It's their living. 

• Thanks 5

IWantYourLove

I really wanted to like this new direction she decided to try out - I've never liked her music before, but the photo teases and stuff from before we heard the music seemed interesting to me. They kind of made it seem like she was going to try something completely different to what she ended up putting out. It's disappointing that the review rings true. I hate when critiques are unnecessarily harsh against women, especially when they're experimenting or trying something new, but I hate to admit that I had the same kind of response from the second I heard that 'I Luv It' track. There was just something off about it. I feel like the potential was really there for the new direction she was chasing - I was kind of expecting maybe something similar to Charli's recent stuff? Or along those lines. But instead it sounds overproduced and underproduced at the same time lol. It's just kinda underwhelming and forgettable. Oh well. 

River

critical unacclaimed :party:

I'm working late, cause I'm a puta