rumor

Katy working w/ Luke to get more money

ThisGuyTony

Featured Posts

Mister G

If she wants to make more money she could have asked Taylor's team on their marketing strategy for TTPD and the multiple digital variants out and about right now. The fact her fans are resorting to calling Kesha a liar says more about their lack of decency than anything at this point. I stopped taking anything Katy says and does seriously because she doesn't seem to know where to take a stand on certain issues and platforms and just been coming across as all over the place.

• Like 1

ThisGuyTony
19 minutes ago, Edonis said:

I mean, you can argue that it's a mix of both, but I think she just wants chart achievements to boost her ego. 

Woman’s World would’ve smashed in the 2010’s but not in 2024. She obviously wants a hit but at what costs to her artistry and legacy?

Dr. Luke allegations aside, the song is speaking for itself - it’s going viral on Tik Tok for how bad and mediocre it is. This is not the comeback people wanted from Katy. 

• Like 8

AnnTakamaki

Even if this fake new it make sense with her motive tho

Bradley

I don't understand the logic. Why would she not sell if she worked with someone else? If anything she'd be more commercially appealing.

Edited by Bradley

Mother of Puppies
45 minutes ago, nodandsmile said:

I don't think her fans are turning on her lol... they are out here calling Kesha a liar and every name in the book!

I've always been a Katycat from the very first hour, even before I discovered Gaga... I still love her music and am grateful that I had her music & her as a person to look up to in a time where I really needed it... when I was younger I was tomboyish and struggled with that... and when "One of the boys" came out, I felt seen... (sounds stupid now, but that's how it was)

...but I have to say that I'm very disappointed that she went back to working with him. I don't understand it... there are so many good producers out there...  it's also not a clever decision to work with him again from a Marketing/Business point of view.

Call me LADY MOP & I'll mop the floor with you đŸ§č
  • Like 1

lastpopicon

and working with Dr.Luke is especially bad since the album is about a woman empowerment, like, that's so out of touch, it seems provocative almost, feels purposeful. All I get is bad vibes from her lately.

The melody that you choose can rescue you

Teletubby
3 minutes ago, Bradley said:

I don't understand the logic. Why would she not sell if she worked with someone else? If anything she'd be more commercially appealing.

I wouldn't be surprised if Luke funds the rollout, music video, radio etc. the label probably didn't give her a big budget, since her last projects underperformed. he is rich and can afford it and probably hopes that working with Katy will make others want to work with him again.

i ❀ @Julianlittlem
  • Shook 1

nodandsmile
8 minutes ago, Mother of Puppies said:

I've always been a Katycat from the very first hour, even before I discovered Gaga... I still love her music and am grateful that I had her music & her as a person to look up to in a time where I really needed it... when I was younger I was tomboyish and struggled with that... and when "One of the boys" came out, I felt seen... (sounds stupid now, but that's how it was)

...but I have to say that I'm very disappointed that she went back to working with him. I don't understand it... there are so many good producers out there...  it's also not a clever decision to work with him again from a Marketing/Business point of view.

it's disappointing but really not a surprise for me

the thing is she's not untalented and I want to root for her but she's kind of a coward! she'll never get out of her comfort zone because the last time she tried with witness it blew up all over her face, that + the fact that some of her old songs are getting some traction on tiktok probably convinced her to run back to him (and let's be fr people don't mind supporting problematic people as long as the product is good!)

she'll have to release some career highlights to justify this decision!

• Like 1

Alfonso

I never understood why she would sell her catalogue and this story of her wanting more money doesn't really add up. Whatever might be the case, it would be really odd for her or her team, to not be aware of the PR mess what would unfold if she worked with Dr. Luke.  

Pennywise
1 hour ago, HIM820 said:

Should I believe Gaga is pregnant? Or that she had an affair with Bradley?

I thought we collectively chose to believe those just for fun:vegas: 

YOUR GOD IS NOT HERE MICHAEL NOR WILL HE EVER BE

DrKindnessKunt1999

The stupid thing is that she COULD have done the whole cash grab nostalgia sex appeal women’s anthem thing with MAX MARTIN!!! He’s literally a hit maker. She’s shooing herself in the foot working with Dr. Puke. 

• Like 1

ALGAYDO
14 minutes ago, lastpopicon said:

and working with Dr.Luke is especially bad since the album is about a woman empowerment, like, that's so out of touch, it seems provocative almost, feels purposeful. All I get is bad vibes from her lately.

I 100% believe she did this on purpose just for the headlines. There’s no way she’s stupid enough to hire a r*pist to produce a female empowerment song without having some sort of sick shock-value hopes for it 

• Like 5

Anderson123

Hmm that seems sketchy that she'd do it "for the money" because she got paid so well for Idol, sold her catalogue and then her Vegas shows? I don't trust that. It's even worse that she'd do this because she wants to, not because she's struggling with money.

I wonder if more articles will start to pop up about this as her album release is closer and will face some backlash. There's a big possibility that the song sticks with Tik Tok trends and becomes a hit and the casual listeners that make these songs big don't even care or know about this drama.

Edited by Anderson123
  • Like 1

Red
2 hours ago, ThisGuyTony said:

source claimed Perry’s motivation for releasing a new album now was for a ‘paycheck’ after bowing out of American Idol in May and selling her back catalog to Litmus Music for $255 million in 2023.

g0rl is she going to build a space station or smth :icant:

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.