💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Variety interviewed fans who buy Taylor Swift's album variants

Teletubby

Featured Posts

artdoll
2 minutes ago, River said:

Only u can delete yourself from existence by accident and still be here to tell about it :air:

:rip:

Not Lying Late Night GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

。゚☁ glued up, sometimes it's too much ☁ ゚。
  • LMAO 1

Cameltoe Chariot
1 hour ago, artdoll said:

True!

But, I'd prefer to speak out about it. It shouldn't have to reach a point where I have to warn someone imo. It's not right to talk like that about anyone so I'll call it out first :jase:

I would hope we wouldn’t be warning people for reacting negatively to rampant consumerism… :lolga:

River
18 minutes ago, skaxboy said:

Are they hurting anyone? Are they stealing money from anyone to pay for this junk? Are they forcing anyone else to listen to her music?

People spend their money on dumb stuff but that’s their choice. 

Taylor/her label is hustling them. I’m not tryna stop anyone’s hustle, but what they won’t do is try and hustle me. 

FOMO is some sort of addiction, you can see how devastating it can be in live service games, so maybe it’s not hurting anyone, even them, well sure their bank account, but it should be at least regulated so these people won’t be exploited.

I'm working late, cause I'm a puta

artdoll
1 minute ago, Cameltoe Chariot said:

I would hope we wouldn’t be warning people for reacting negatively to rampant consumerism… :lolga:

Warnings are last resort, I'd rather talk things out as I am now :nails:

• LMAO 1

River
Just now, artdoll said:

Warnings are last resort, I'd rather talk things out as I am now :nails:

Good cop detected

Over It Wow GIF by The Comeback HBO

I'm working late, cause I'm a puta
  • LMAO 3

Ashley
2 hours ago, artdoll said:

Oh my god are some of these comments actually vile or what? Why are you guys insulting and going after fans who just want to collect their favorite artist's merch? Don't act all high and mighty when there's big time collectors in every fanbase.

19 minutes ago, artdoll said:

But not when they can't defend themselves or are just minding their business! :grr:

The comments are not even that bad? They agreed to being interviewed about something they knew was controversial, so obviously people are going to have an opinion on it.

• Thanks 1

artdoll
2 minutes ago, River said:

Good cop detected

Over It Wow GIF by The Comeback HBO

That's why you're the bad cop

Melissa Mccarthy Fight GIF by Saturday Night Live

• YAAAS 1

NATAH
8 minutes ago, PartySick said:

For sure but I still blame Taylor, not these folks lmao. She's the one providing garbage products :rip:

oh absolutely, and i fear she's proven to record labels that fanbases can be exploited to ridiculous lengths

mother, what must i do?
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

artdoll
1 minute ago, Ashley said:

The comments are not even that bad? They agreed to being interviewed about something they knew was controversial, so obviously people are going to have an opinion on it.

Implying someone is mentally ill, calling their interests embarrassing or being ageist simply based off what they purchased goes past opinions and is insulting imo. I'm sure they knew what could come from this but the fact that people should expect to be torn apart for...buying music? (even if you dislike the artist or how they go about selling the same product 10x over) is the problem I'm speaking about :alsemanche:

I encourage discussion but not insulting :zilla:

artdoll
4 minutes ago, NATAH said:

oh absolutely, and i fear she's proven to record labels that fanbases can be exploited to ridiculous lengths

Now this I agree with, how money hungry these labels can be (and the artists too) is what we should be talking about.

cadeyup.gif

PartySick
7 minutes ago, NATAH said:

Poor Belle, 48, getting sh*tted on by Taylor haters because her fave is greedy

💚

Teletubby
14 minutes ago, PartySick said:

Poor Belle, 48, getting sh*tted on by Taylor haters because her fave is greedy

good for Belle that she isn't a fan of Travis Scott who had 84 physical variants of his last album or Fall Out Boy - 116 physical variants or Melanie Martinez - 21 different physical variants on release week.

I had a hole in the pocket of my favourite coat And my love for @Juanlittlem dropped into the lining
  • LMAO 1
  • Shook 3

artdoll
3 minutes ago, Teletubby said:

Melanie Martinez - 21 different physical variants on release week.

The only thing I'll say is that Portals was melanie's comeback after nearly 4 years so to be fair, the label was gonna push hard as she has a crazy fanbase. :rip:

But I do agree and I still think this further shows that record labels are ruthless when it comes to milking fans of their money on products that are not worth what they ask.