Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Troye Sivan reveals he thought that the UK left Europe’s continent

Teletubby

Featured Posts

LateToCult
51 minutes ago, Lukasson said:

Who in the world refers to the European Union as Europe? 

One can make up a lot of excuses for being not educated enough.

Actually a lot of institutions of higher education and figures in the political landscape use “Europe” as a way to refer to the EU. There are many many instances when the continent of Europe itself is irrelevant to the conversation. Especially when it’s about things like policy, but it would almost be silly to go out of your way to make sure to say “the European Union.” Might as well just say “Germany and France” because those are the relevant parties 80% of the time when the EU is being discussed. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lukasson

• sarahb

• Hennycomb

• RAMROD

Lukasson
15 minutes ago, LateToCult said:

Actually a lot of institutions of higher education and figures in the political landscape use “Europe” as a way to refer to the EU. There are many many instances when the continent of Europe itself is irrelevant to the conversation. Especially when it’s about things like policy, but it would almost be silly to go out of your way to make sure to say “the European Union.” Might as well just say “Germany and France” because those are the relevant parties 80% of the time when the EU is being discussed. 

Obviously this leads to confusion and shouldn‘t be used without context and one should take the silly route and call it the European Union to not further confuse our current pop singers.

• YAAAS 1

RAMROD
2 hours ago, Lukasson said:

Who in the world refers to the European Union as Europe? 

One can make up a lot of excuses for being not educated enough.

There are more people than you know. People usually say or text they are going to visit EU as in Europe. European Union as a concept is giving very local pop girl outside Europe actually.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ with birds I share this lonely view (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡
  • Like 1
  • LMAO 1

Pharamon

just focus on making songs about gay s*x troye

lastpopicon
7 hours ago, malzejar said:

Ignorance is not cute, sorry. 

But he is :cryga:

The melody that you choose can rescue you
  • YAAAS 1

palma

This reminds me of when Madonna came to Istanbul in the 90s and called the Bosphorus (the strait separating Europe from Asia) a river :franminervini: 

Americans and their level geographic ignorance never fails to make me giggle :icant:

River
8 hours ago, Cello said:

Literally, it's continents, it's such basic stuff :ladyhaha: how is a country going to leave a continent

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b9522m8b40eq9omg7f0ueb

Like this :shrug:

I'm working late, cause I'm a puta
  • LMAO 1

malzejar
11 minutes ago, lastpopicon said:

But he is :cryga:

Highly subjective 

lastpopicon
1 minute ago, malzejar said:

Highly subjective 

:cryga:

The melody that you choose can rescue you

Naak Le Vaar

I'm tired of these celebrities saying "quirky" things all for market appeal

Lmao they blocked my signature

sarahb
2 hours ago, palma said:

This reminds me of when Madonna came to Istanbul in the 90s and called the Bosphorus (the strait separating Europe from Asia) a river :franminervini: 

Americans and their level geographic ignorance never fails to make me giggle :icant:

Troye Sivan is Australian

sarahb
6 hours ago, Eggs said:

Why does this thread have such a weird energy??? Pop star says something forgivably dumb and it's like he's desecrated some of your ancestors

I think next time I'm gonna poke fun at people from a certain country/continent I'm gonna stick to Americans, Europeans seem too defensive :flop:

Yes, your geography knowledge sucks too sometimes, deal with it. 

Awakened M
10 hours ago, Red said:

Yes, a huge claw came down from the skies and physically removed the United Kingdom from European territory and dropped it in the middle of the Pacific Ocean

This statement instantly reminded me of Eternatus of the Galar region (the UK inspired Pokemon region :ladyhaha:)

Glow Pokemon Tcg GIF by Pokémon

I'm not getting any sleep tonight because I woke up to a beautiful life. I'm awake.
  • Like 1

Lukasson
6 hours ago, RAMROD said:

There are more people than you know. People usually say or text they are going to visit EU as in Europe. European Union as a concept is giving very local pop girl outside Europe actually.

Well, you‘re from the US. So can‘t blame you for that.