💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Troye Sivan reveals he thought that the UK left Europe’s continent

Teletubby

Featured Posts

Max
46 minutes ago, hhennywise said:

I think the confusion lies in things written like "The UK left the EU" and while EU stands for European Union, unattentive people might think it means Europe.

And that‘s still basic knowledge to differentiate between EU and Europe… what’s there to be confused about? 

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lukasson

• sarahb

• Hennycomb

• RAMROD

Sneaky Oliver
2 minutes ago, olive specter said:

it's not an europe thing tho but a basic planet earth thing to know about the continents

no matter where you from

I agree, but it’s not the case for everyone :cryga:  

I’m on my Legacy Act era

Hennycomb
3 minutes ago, Max said:

And that‘s still basic knowledge to differentiate between EU and Europe… what’s there to be confused about? 

People get confused about things, you know what EU means, I know what EU means, some people don't, some people get confused. Don't need to be this outraged by someone's lack of knowledge or lack of attention. Brains are weird and diverse. People's lives are weird and diverse. Calm down.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3

LG7 time now
1 hour ago, tomsches said:

I don’t think this is funny tbh. It’s basic geography that an elementary school student should know. And I keep reading and hearing people saying that the UK left Europe, it’s just like :fail:

My teacher told me the UK left Europe yesterday and I was like :what:

• LMAO 3
  • Shook 1

Max
13 minutes ago, hhennywise said:

People get confused about things, you know what EU means, I know what EU means, some people don't, some people get confused. Don't need to be this outraged by someone's lack of knowledge or lack of attention. Brains are weird and diverse. People's lives are weird and diverse. Calm down.

I‘m not outraged. I still think it (should) be basic knowledge but the education system in other continents are different so who knows what they actually learn in school. Mind you I recently had to explain to a german that Austria has the Euro.

Edited by Max

homomo
16 minutes ago, olive specter said:

it's not an europe thing tho but a basic planet earth thing to know about the continents

no matter where you from

This is a pretty condescending statement there bud

I understand that it’s common knowledge, but Brexit has made the relationship between the UK and Europe/EU more complex and confusing, especially for those not directly involved. So it isn’t as black and white as you are describing.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Cello
31 minutes ago, olive specter said:

no matter where you from

Literally, it's continents, it's such basic stuff :ladyhaha: how is a country going to leave a continent

she/her 💗 free my mind
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

olive specter
9 minutes ago, homomo said:

This is a pretty condescending statement there bud

I understand that it’s common knowledge, but Brexit has made the relationship between the UK and Europe/EU more complex and confusing, especially for those not directly involved. So it isn’t as black and white as you are describing.

all you need to know is what is a continent, what is europe as a whole (a continent), where it is and that you cannot just leave one lol

yes there are so many grey areas here, you're right

Hennycomb
4 minutes ago, Max said:

I‘m not outraged. I still think it (should) be basic knowledge but the education system in other continents are different so who knows what they actually learn in school. Mind you I recently had to explain to a german that Austria has the Euro.

I learned Austria's currency right now with your comment. Here in Brazil people don't know half of the neighbour countries currency. Me included. People from the south of Brazil really lack knowledge about the north and northeast. But we can't really blame them, public education being bad is not an accident, it's a project. And private schools also serve the interest of the rich so tomato tomato. I just think things are deeper than "OMG HOW DO YOU NOT KNOW THAT?????", that vibe really bothers me cause there's too much information about the world. We should strive to be curious and knowledgeable without the guilt of not knowing some things.

• Like 1

Hennycomb
5 minutes ago, Cello said:

Literally, it's continents, it's such basic stuff :ladyhaha: how is a country going to leave a continent

You made the connection in your brain that it's impossible for a country to leave a continent. Some people just didn't make that connection. They thought it was possible or they just didn't pay attention to the subject. It's weird but it happened. It just happened. That's it. Welcome to the world and its people.

• Like 2
  • LMAO 1
  • Thanks 1

Varys
1 hour ago, hhennywise said:

You made the connection in your brain that it'simpossible for a country to leave a continent.Some people just didn't make that connection. They thought it was possible or they just didn't pay attention to the subject.

And you think these people should be allowed to vote :poot:

Edited by Varys
Banned 04/19/2020 - 04/19/2020

Red

Yes, a huge claw came down from the skies and physically removed the United Kingdom from European territory and dropped it in the middle of the Pacific Ocean

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.
  • LMAO 6

malzejar
2 hours ago, lastpopicon said:

This is soo cute :cryga:

Ignorance is not cute, sorry. 

• Like 2
  • LMAO 1
  • Shook 1

Togekiss

What they really should be worried about is overpopulation in the UK. It’s an island people, it could sink!!! :messga:

bring on that pecan pie
  • LMAO 4