Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

RS: Katy reconnected with ‘Teenage Dream’ producers Dr. Luke, Max Martin for KP6

Teletubby

Featured Posts

Teletubby
38 minutes ago, ARTPOPSLAYAGE said:

If you look through the kesha v. dr. luke, case it is mentioned he had a contract with katy for six albums, that he allegedly lost 10 million worth of royalties by not being able to work on it due to the legal case. (I doubt he would've made that, with how "Witness" and "Smile" performed), so it's assume her contract had a clause about "legal" issues, and now that the kesha v. dr luke case is resolved, she now has to work with him again. 

it isn't mentioned she had contract for six albums.
in October 2021, his team calculated the lost opportunities for a period of 10 years due to Kesha's lawsuit in 2014. by the time Katy had released 2 albums and they calculated that she could have one more.

I had a hole in the pocket of my favourite coat And my love for @Juanlittlem dropped into the lining

Anderson123

Knowing how things work out, I wouldn’t be surprised if this is actually a successful Katy era. She tried to be quirky with Witness and it was her first album without Dr. Luke and Bonnie McKee. Then Smile released during the pandemic as this chill motherhood album with some standalone singles attached to it, not that it was expected to smash. 

I think it’s really sad that in the end Dr. Luke was the whole reason One of the Boys, Teenage Dream and Prism smashed the way they did and now she’s desperate trying to achieve that again. 

I don’t want to compare but it’s so nice to know that Gaga is the mastermind behind all of her music. She rarely sticks with the same group of producers and she keeps making great albums. 

• Like 4

RAMROD
4 hours ago, MessyTop said:

Friendly reminder he has never been convicted of a crime. I’m not defending him, but a court of law is a court of law. The general public has no idea of any of it.

So did Kevin Spacey but hey, here we are :ohwell:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ with birds I share this lonely view (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡
  • Like 3
  • Shook 1
  • Thanks 1

ChrisGaga

Y'all are crazy! This is literally the best news ever and everything I hoped for! I'm soo excited and I think this album will be full of amazing pop music! Max Martin is literally the king of pop, if you don't know about him, look him up. 

And about Dr. Luke, it's actually insane how many people bully this man on here for yeeaars! Spread kindness is what Gaga tells us since her beginning. And all you do is spreading hate and lies about a man who is NOT convicted! Get a life and stop defaming this man. That's actually what Kesha was sued for, for defamation...! 

• Shook 1
  • Sad 4

mamo
2 minutes ago, ChrisGaga said:

Y'all are crazy! This is literally the best news ever and everything I hoped for! I'm soo excited and I think this album will be full of amazing pop music! Max Martin is literally the king of pop, if you don't know about him, look him up. 

And about Dr. Luke, it's actually insane how many people bully this man on here for yeeaars! Spread kindness is what Gaga tells us since her beginning. And all you do is spreading hate and lies about a man who is NOT convicted! Get a life and stop defaming this man. That's actually what Kesha was sued for, for defamation...! 

yes because the law of justice so frequently works in the favour of victims of abuse.............................

wake up honey! 

you can serve it to me ancient city style...
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

ChrisGaga
5 minutes ago, mamo said:

yes because the law of justice so frequently works in the favour of victims of abuse.............................

wake up honey! 

So every man who is getting accussed for abuse is guilty, just because the law of justice isn't working all the time... . That's interesting. I'm not quite sure who should wake up here...

• Like 1

RAMROD
5 minutes ago, ChrisGaga said:

So every man who is getting accussed for abuse is guilty, just because the law of justice isn't working all the time... . That's interesting. I'm not quite sure who should wake up here...

Take off Gaga from your avatar, you dont deserve of it :yennefer:

• Thanks 7

27monster27

Well, this is gonna be the fourth album I have had to listen to through re-uploads to avoid giving money to Dr. Luke.

he/him/his
  • Like 2

RAMROD
1 minute ago, 27monster27 said:

Well, this is gonna be the fourth album I have had to listen to through re-uploads to avoid giving money to Dr. Luke.

Gurl, you and I. It will likely be available on usual site early anyway if the demos and photoshoots already leaked like low quality diapers.  :icant:

• Like 1
  • LMAO 1

Edonis
1 hour ago, ChrisGaga said:

Putting Kesha's abuse aside, the man has been accused of being an ass to work with, takes credit for music he didn't make, not paying people, plagiarizing, and just generally being a piece of ****. There are literally thousands of iconic producers that contributed to the sound of late 2000s pop that she could work with. She's intentionally choosing this man because she wants success, end of. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Gagaplayer315

I hope she finally goes away after flopping for the third time in a row :anveeroy:

Onlygaga

I love(d) Katy so much but I’m done now. So sad she’s working with him again 

• Love 1

TortureMeOnReplay
7 hours ago, RAMROD said:

Well, it's over since it's official now :yennefer:

Just because it's over doesn't mean it's really over

5 hours ago, MessyTop said:

Friendly reminder he has never been convicted of a crime. I’m not defending him, but a court of law is a court of law. The general public has no idea of any of it.

Neither was OJ

4 hours ago, Chromatography said:

people pick and choose. even Gaga has made very shady career choices. we all knew about r kelly before she even had him on ARTPOP. she still keeps richie around who also is a known abuser/asshole. she pedals pharmaceuticals and willingly gave covid to her team. i love Gaga’s music and what she did for me as i was growing up but the real mistake here is that people expect pop stars to be some paragon of good behavior and that just isn’t true. it never was, never will be. 

You lost me at "willingly gave COVID to her team"

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

StrawberryBlond

Wow, she's calling back the entire original gang, with the exception of Bonnie maybe. I get it, that team was her golden ticket to superstardom and kept her there and dropping them caused her career to spiral downwards. But to act like their involvement was the only reason for her success isn't wholly accurate. Katy's youth and looks were her major selling point, pop was the biggest genre at the time, her promotional budget was massive, her team used a variety of tricks to make her chart high. But these facets won't mean what they did back then. Katy's got her old look back but she's now nearly 40, pop is no longer the most popular genre, she won't be promoted everywhere like she was back in the day and those charting tricks will no longer work as new Billboard rules have since come into play. That brand of pop she made is so dated now. But because it was a hit at the time, it will remain a beloved nostalgic classic forever, it doesn't matter how dated it becomes. If Teenage Dream was released today, as good as I think it is, it wouldn't be as successful now. I mean, its long been said that the streaming era has ensured that no one will ever be getting 5 #1's from a single album ever again. 

Reality is that Luke's involvement hasn't stopped his tracks charting, he continues to get #1's and top tens to this day with various artists. But you'll notice the stuff he makes for pop artists just isn't having that juggernaut success that Katy had back then (unless you count Say So as pop). I think ultimately the public has moved on from Dr Luke branded pop so Capitol is in for a rude awakening if they spend all this money on a comeback only for it not to have the desired effect. But who can say these days? Charts aren't predictable as they once were.

• Like 1