RAMROD 118,195 Posted June 14, 2024 Share Posted June 14, 2024 McDonald's is going plant-based in the the sweetest way. Dairy-free customers will be happy to hear that McDonald's is currently testing two new vegan ice cream options: Choco Scoop and Strawberry Scoop. But before you rush out to your local Mickey D's to try the frozen treat, there is a pretty big catch. As of now, the Choco Scoop and Strawberry Scoop are only available at select McDonald's locations in the U.K. Fortunately, the new additions are already getting rave reviews from customers, so a test run in the U.S. could be a possibility in the future. Here's hoping! Another person revealed that the vegan ice creams come in tubs and are not dispensed out of an ice cream machine. So, no need to stress about the looming worry of broken ice cream machines. We'll call that a win. The test run for the Choco Scoop and Strawberry Scoop is expected to come to an end on September 3. Time will only tell if or when they'll come to the U.S. One customer described the menu item as "a cross between soft serve and regular ice cream." They also added that they were really "impressed" by the chocolate flavor. https://www.aol.com/mcdonalds-releasing-type-ice-cream-214300909.html (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ ⁱᵐ'ᵐᵃ ʰⁱᵗ ᵈᵉᶠʳᵒˢᵗ ᵒⁿ ʸᵃ, ˡᵉᵗ'ˢ ᵍᵉᵗ ⁱᵗ ᵇˡᵃᶻⁱⁿᵍ﹗ (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡ Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
NUTELLA 31,292 Posted June 14, 2024 Share Posted June 14, 2024 The strawberry one looks delish 🍓🍨 Lucky ladies in the UK Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
sarahb 17,263 Posted June 14, 2024 Share Posted June 14, 2024 So like sorbet? Do you feel him sir? Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
PMM 3,274 Posted June 14, 2024 Share Posted June 14, 2024 now they are going to kill plants too? I Am a Joke Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
RAMROD 118,195 Posted June 14, 2024 Author Share Posted June 14, 2024 7 minutes ago, sarahb said: So like sorbet? Not exactly cos aorbet doesn't contain any milk or milk alternative (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ ⁱᵐ'ᵐᵃ ʰⁱᵗ ᵈᵉᶠʳᵒˢᵗ ᵒⁿ ʸᵃ, ˡᵉᵗ'ˢ ᵍᵉᵗ ⁱᵗ ᵇˡᵃᶻⁱⁿᵍ﹗ (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡ Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Perfect Celebrity 1,622 Posted June 14, 2024 Share Posted June 14, 2024 When I was in college, they offered almond milk based ice cream in the vegan cafeteria and it was sooooo good. I assume this is something like that? Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
RAMROD 118,195 Posted June 14, 2024 Author Share Posted June 14, 2024 8 minutes ago, PMM said: now they are going to kill plants too? (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ ⁱᵐ'ᵐᵃ ʰⁱᵗ ᵈᵉᶠʳᵒˢᵗ ᵒⁿ ʸᵃ, ˡᵉᵗ'ˢ ᵍᵉᵗ ⁱᵗ ᵇˡᵃᶻⁱⁿᵍ﹗ (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡ Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
RAMROD 118,195 Posted June 14, 2024 Author Share Posted June 14, 2024 5 minutes ago, lg5 said: When I was in college, they offered almond milk based ice cream in the vegan cafeteria and it was sooooo good. I assume this is something like that? I think so yes. (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ ⁱᵐ'ᵐᵃ ʰⁱᵗ ᵈᵉᶠʳᵒˢᵗ ᵒⁿ ʸᵃ, ˡᵉᵗ'ˢ ᵍᵉᵗ ⁱᵗ ᵇˡᵃᶻⁱⁿᵍ﹗ (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡ Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Bambino 24,468 Posted June 14, 2024 Share Posted June 14, 2024 McGenocide supports Israel's genocide in Gaza so i'm not lovin' it Art should comfort the disturbed and disturb the comfortable. Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
StrawberryBlond 15,722 Posted June 15, 2024 Share Posted June 15, 2024 I've never tried vegan alternatives to dairy products other than milk and seeing as I usually dislike the fakes, they never appealed. But when I tried their McPlant on a temporary vegetarian kick, I was impressed by how similar it was to real beef and the cheese too. Maybe vegan alternatives are more advanced now? I did try a mini vegan Magnum last week and I wouldn't have guessed the difference. At least this vegan ice cream is lower calories than a McFlurry - only 94 calories at most for the chocolate. Even if you're not vegan, it's a great low calorie treat if you don't want to overindulge. They've also got push pop style ice lollies in either mango or orange flavours in the UK right now too, although that's probably only a summer addition. I'm totally willing to try it out when I go there on Sunday, though I'll want to try the Skittles McFlurry first when it's only around for a short time! I just wish they'd introduce more tasty low calorie options. Even the most benign things have unusually high calorie counts. The most basic burger - slim patty, ketchup, mustard, scattering of chopped onions and a flat bun is 241 calories. How?! Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Gaga2645 2,306 Posted June 15, 2024 Share Posted June 15, 2024 Not related (welll kinda sorta) but Dairy Queen has a coconut milk dilly bar and its soooo good Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
PartySick 175,166 Posted June 16, 2024 Share Posted June 16, 2024 On 6/14/2024 at 8:43 PM, StrawberryBlond said: Skittles McFlurry Ew?? Whimsical bitch Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
DrKindnessKunt2005 6,490 Posted June 16, 2024 Share Posted June 16, 2024 UK McDonalds really seems ahead of adding vegan options. Don’t they have potatoes patties or falafel, too? Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
RAMROD 118,195 Posted June 16, 2024 Author Share Posted June 16, 2024 1 minute ago, DrKindnessKunt1999 said: UK McDonalds really seems ahead of adding vegan options. Don’t they have potatoes patties or falafel, too? Maybe limited. these are the current vegan and vegetarian menus https://www.mcdonalds.com/gb/en-gb/menu/vegan.html https://www.mcdonalds.com/gb/en-gb/menu/vegetarian.html (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ ⁱᵐ'ᵐᵃ ʰⁱᵗ ᵈᵉᶠʳᵒˢᵗ ᵒⁿ ʸᵃ, ˡᵉᵗ'ˢ ᵍᵉᵗ ⁱᵗ ᵇˡᵃᶻⁱⁿᵍ﹗ (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡ Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Junko Enoshima 4,720 Posted June 16, 2024 Share Posted June 16, 2024 I wanna try it but the boycott Do yall think that my local McDonald's (from Spain) would contribuite to Israel? My boobs are hopelessly huge Link to post Share on other sites More sharing options...
Featured Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.