Jump to content

💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Brat secures Metacritic’s pop AOTY


StarstruckIllusion
 Share

Featured Posts

Stephen
1 hour ago, holy scheisse said:

I’m so happy for her! This positive reception is so funny bc she’s been the sh*t for years and the album doesn’t rly sound much different from any of her previous work to me?? haha 

 

bopping to rewind rn :lolly:

It reminds me of Lana suddenly getting her flowers after NFR liiike she’s been great this whole time? LOL everybody so late. Feels awesome as a longtime fan for sure. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

BlingNotTheMusic
3 minutes ago, BleepBloop said:

I’m sorry but this is a blatant falsehood, there’s two (2) songs about partying (Club classics & 365). All the other tracks are about her insecurities, her parents, her potentially becoming a parent, her fiance, her relationships with other women in the industry, her position in said industry and much more. 
 

idk why Charli rightfully getting her flowers is making you so pressed..

Not pressed, I love the album it's just nothing AOTY-worthy or much different than her other albums :heart:

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

NATAH

kinda sad that the ugliest album cover of the year is getting such great reviews :alsemanche:

mother, what must i do?
Link to post
Share on other sites

River

Not anymore, it's 93 while Charles Lloyd's album is 95

I'm working late, cause I'm a puta
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Mister G

It's an 8.6 on Pitchfork--unrelated but well deserved for Miss Charli.

Dance Dancing GIF by Atlanta

Link to post
Share on other sites

StarstruckIllusion
17 minutes ago, River said:

Not anymore, it's 93 while Charles Lloyd's album is 95

Lemme change the title ig :/

Link to post
Share on other sites

Pharamon

yessss and I really love the album cover

Link to post
Share on other sites

StarstruckIllusion
13 hours ago, Lextyr97 said:

Someone please explain Charli. I heard the first 3 songs and checked out because I didn’t like those first 3 at all. I have to be missing something (besides the remaining 12 songs lmaoo)

 

1 hour ago, Agunimon said:

I feel you. I'm missing something too. To me it is noise. I tried to get into it but I hate hyperpop. 

I hated hyperpop for the first 2-3 years I knew of it since the Vroom Vroom EP dropped. I just sat down and really wrestled with it, trying to understand what I was hearing. And I just couldn’t help but appreciate how different it sounded… and the the creativity and enginutity it took for Pioneers like SOPHIE to make it… it’s just like woah 

Now I hear music like this and it’s just a beautiful crazy collage of crazy sounds and energy to dance, surprise and shock you. This is what ARTPOP tried to be - and achieved with songs like Aura. I dont like every Charli song but each effort gets more lyrically personal with sweeter melodies and wow. I just love her trajectory.

She’s such a great embodiment of the music Gaga makes and I guess that’s why there’s so much cross over.

Youre gonna get it on the third or fourth listen (not the 0.3th, girl wtf) but my god it’s so worth it

4 hours ago, olive specter said:

her label must be working really hard because the narrative that is being created of her being this genius is quite funny

best part is that the public believes it, lol

 

girl, go home

boo boo 🍅🍅

This unhinged ass message 😭

Maybe attempt using those tomatoes to cook a meal because clearly you’ve spent too much time on your phone this week

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

  • StarstruckIllusion changed the title to Brat becomes Metacritic’s pop AOTY
Leblanc
34 minutes ago, BlingNotTheMusic said:

What's that? 

Because sometimes all I get is a headache :huntyga:

Haha its not for everyone, of course and sometimes I wonder if the amount of drugs I've taken in my life allows me to enjoy music like this more than someone who hasn't aha. 

Generally I watched an interview with AG who talked about fully embracing the digital side of music especially in response to those that view it as invalid in some way, and that he kinda has an attitude of experimentation that I really appreciate, its like taking pride in pop music instead of seeing it as a guilty pleasure and generally not doing anything in half measures, turning the dials up to 11 whenever they commit to an idea. For me it's sugary sweet pop on steroids, which I think clearly there's an audience for and it's been interesting to see just how many different artists in that scene have flourished in completely different ways in part thanks to that attitude of being allowed to go wild and not being put in a box. Not every hyperpop artist is for me, but I appreciate that it's unshackled expression for the artists so it won't be for everybody but when it does connect it hits so much more than anything that comes out of mainstream labels.

 

In a weird way for me i think Charli took the path I always wanted Gaga to take of sticking two fingers up at Hollywood and going all in on the 'music not the bling'

I always let the good ones go
  • Love 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

BlingNotTheMusic
2 minutes ago, Leblanc said:

'music not the bling'

:trollga:

  • LMAO 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

BlingNotTheMusic
2 minutes ago, Leblanc said:

Haha its not for everyone, of course and sometimes I wonder if the amount of drugs I've taken in my life allows me to enjoy music like this more than someone who hasn't aha. 

Generally I watched an interview with AG who talked about fully embracing the digital side of music especially in response to those that view it as invalid in some way, and that he kinda has an attitude of experimentation that I really appreciate, its like taking pride in pop music instead of seeing it as a guilty pleasure and generally not doing anything in half measures, turning the dials up to 11 whenever they commit to an idea. For me it's sugary sweet pop on steroids, which I think clearly there's an audience for and it's been interesting to see just how many different artists in that scene have flourished in completely different ways in part thanks to that attitude of being allowed to go wild and not being put in a box. Not every hyperpop artist is for me, but I appreciate that it's unshackled expression for the artists so it won't be for everybody but when it does connect it hits so much more than anything that comes out of mainstream labels.

 

In a weird way for me i think Charli took the path I always wanted Gaga to take of sticking two fingers up at Hollywood and going all in on the 'music not the bling'

I totally get that! It took several listens of SOPHIE to fully get into her but I still joke about the pots n pans :icant: 

It's fascinating how music, particularly pop music is changing and has changed, ever since I started following the genre over 20 years ago :messga:

Link to post
Share on other sites

Roughhouse Dandy

Granted the bar has been in hell, but BRAT is my 2nd favorite release this year by a large margin. As far as I can see, only Gaga and maybe Halsey can dethrone it. Pop off, Charli!

This is my Hannah Montana™️ lipgloss.
  • Love 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Westerosi
5 hours ago, RAMROD said:

It's tome for everyone's pfp changes to GREEN!

Color?

Bored Cabin Fever GIF

Lemme think about it for a bit.

Spoiler

Black And White No GIF by Laff

 

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.
Link to post
Share on other sites

olive specter
34 minutes ago, StarstruckIllusion said:

This unhinged ass message 😭

Maybe attempt using those tomatoes to cook a meal because clearly you’ve spent too much time on your phone this week

somebody got offended lol

chill babe, it's not that deep

Link to post
Share on other sites

Catnikko

i listened to it in full on the train earlier

it's good and i LOVE alot of the songs

but i can't really place it over billie's, it's either equal or just under..

Dancing in the shadow of the meow
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

  • StarstruckIllusion changed the title to Brat secures Metacritic’s pop AOTY

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share


×
×
  • Create New...