music news

Brat secures Metacritic’s pop AOTY

StarstruckIllusion

Featured Posts

Anderson123
14 hours ago, PartySick said:

I'm so mad that she made that album cover work for her :icant:

Mad in a "she keeps winning, I hate it" kind of way though :icant:

The gays were mad when she announced it but it's such a 2000s MySpace picture that works so well with the sound of it. :fan:I liked the album but feel like such a boomer that I don't have the energy to party to this right now. :ororomunroe: Maybe it's the flu that has me feeling this tired idk I'll come back to this in a couple of days again.

• Love 4
  • Thanks 1

olive specter

her label must be working really hard because the narrative that is being created of her being this genius is quite funny

best part is that the public believes it, lol

girl, go home

boo boo 🍅🍅

• Like 3
  • LMAO 3
  • Sad 7
  • Thanks 2

olive specter
Posted (edited)

🍅🍅

Edited by olive specter

StarstruckIllusion
Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, RAMROD said:

It's tome for everyone's pfp changes to GREEN!

yup yup!!

https://www.bratgenerator.com

Edited by StarstruckIllusion
  • YAAAS 1

malzejar

I like these, all bops, but it's not the type of music I enjoy, the album sounds amazing tho :applause:

• Thanks 1

• StarstruckIllusion changed the title to Brat becomes Metacritic’s AOTY
StarstruckIllusion

Pivoting to these record breaking Metacritic numbers bc holy **** it just keeps going up

• YAAAS 3

holy scheisse

I’m so happy for her! This positive reception is so funny bc she’s been the sh*t for years and the album doesn’t rly sound much different from any of her previous work to me?? haha 

bopping to rewind rn :lolly:

• YAAAS 1
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 3

Joshie
Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, holy scheisse said:

I’m so happy for her! This positive reception is so funny bc she’s been the sh*t for years and the album doesn’t rly sound much different from any of her previous work to me?? haha 

I think the stand out of this album is how coherent it is. Like it works so well track after track. It really is incredible.

Edited by Joshie
  • Love 6

Agunimon
12 hours ago, Lextyr97 said:

Someone please explain Charli. I heard the first 3 songs and checked out because I didn’t like those first 3 at all. I have to be missing something (besides the remaining 12 songs lmaoo)

I feel you. I'm missing something too. To me it is noise. I tried to get into it but I hate hyperpop. 

• Love 1
  • Shook 1
  • Thanks 2

Flippy

Hmm… Maybe I will actually try to listen to it at some point

TMBT 3.22.11 // TBTWB 1.17.13 // ArtRAVE 6.3.14 // C2CT 5.28.15 // TJWT 8.13.17 // Chromatica World Tour 9.8.22

BlingNotTheMusic
11 hours ago, Lextyr97 said:

I listened up to track 10. Some light bops like Talk Talk but I still don’t get it

1 hour ago, holy scheisse said:

40 minutes ago, Joshie said:

I think the stand out of this album is how coherent it is. Like it works so well track after track. It really is incredible.

9 minutes ago, Agunimon said:

I feel you. I'm missing something too. To me it is noise. I tried to get into it but I hate hyperpop. 

Yeah I mean I've been a casual Charli listener for a while since idk "Charli" and then went back to explore her previous albums, liking a third or more of each album.

brat doesn't really feel much different, I like it alot actually but AOTY? All the acclaim? It's literally about partying. Like she didn't reinvent the wheel here...

https://discord.xyz/hausofdelulu
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Leblanc
10 minutes ago, Agunimon said:

To be honest when I first dabbled in charli's music years ago I genuinely hated it and all the hyperpop stuff too but somewhere down the line I ended up giving another shot after learning more about what it's trying to do and why. Its crazy because now she's basically my favourite artist, and most of what I remember hating I actually love now. For me I just had to expand what I understood pop/dance music to be and in my opinion she's one of the few along with others in that underground adjacent kinda scene who have done more to actually push the needle of what pop can sound like and regularly make a genre filled with stale formulas sound fresh and exciting again, and that's coming from someone who loves basic pop songs lmaoo.

OT - I'm actually obsessed, I love this album so much

I always let the good ones go
  • Love 3

BlingNotTheMusic
3 minutes ago, Leblanc said:

I ended up giving another shot after learning more about what it's trying to do and why.

What's that? 

Because sometimes all I get is a headache :huntyga:

https://discord.xyz/hausofdelulu

BleepBloop
Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, BlingNotTheMusic said:

Yeah I mean I've been a casual Charli listener for a while since idk "Charli" and then went back to explore her previous albums, liking a third or more of each album.

brat doesn't really feel much different, I like it alot actually but AOTY? All the acclaim? It's literally about partying. Like she didn't reinvent the wheel here...

I’m sorry but this is a blatant falsehood, there’s two (2) songs about partying (Club classics & 365). All the other tracks are about her insecurities, her parents, her potentially becoming a parent, her fiance, her relationships with other women in the industry, her position in said industry and much more. 

idk why Charli rightfully getting her flowers is making you so pressed..

Edited by BleepBloop
  • Like 2
  • Love 4
  • Thanks 2

• StarstruckIllusion changed the title to Brat secures Metacritic’s pop AOTY